FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
BR Whiskey Bottle Project...BOTTLE REALIZED...AGAIN???!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 59, 60, 61  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
svander
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Paul, maybe this has been discussed previously but are these bottles capped? If not, would a JW standard cap fit them?
Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may ba asking too much to suggest you go back and read the entire thread here...BUT IF YOU DO...you will discover EXTENSIVE discussion of the ULTIMATE BR Whiskey Bottle...which is what I am hoping to bring to all of you.
Screen accurate Labels (which are NOT easy to find OR reproduce)
Cap, ribbon and seal ALL are in the works and very near to fruition and should accompany each bottle along with a numbered COA.

No...a reguler Johhnie Walker Cap will not fit your bottle or be accurate to the movie for that matter.
The Cap from BR looks closer to something you would find on a Smirnoff Flavored Vodka. It should be plain, round with a flat top and chrome in color, about an inch and a half long with a cork like stopper inside (which the smirnoff cap does not have)...the cap did not twist off in the movie.
svander
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once-bitten wrote:
It may ba asking too much to suggest you go back and read the entire thread here...BUT IF YOU DO...you will discover EXTENSIVE discussion of the ULTIMATE BR Whiskey Bottle...which is what I am hoping to bring to all of you.
Cap, ribbon and seal ALL are in the works and very near to fruition and should accompany each bottle along with a numbered COA.

No...a reguler Johhnie Walker Cap will not fit your bottle or be accurate to the movie for that matter.
The Cap from BR looks closer to something you would find on a Smirnoff Flavored Vodka. It should be plain, round with a flat top and chrome in color, about an inch and a half long with a cork like stopper inside (which the smirnoff cap does not have)...the cap did not twist off in the movie.

Thanks, I've been following the thread since the beginning but must have missed cap-related discussion. Thanks for the clarification.
oldzey
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bsgfan12 wrote:
I was refreshing like mad and had the order placed 30 seconds after the email. I wasn't first? I need to get a life.

There's a life outside of BR? If so, I need to get one too! Laughing

(Oh, and btw - 29 seconds here Razz )
Paladin
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never bought such a limited item, so excuse me if the question is out of line, but do you plan on posting who gets which bottle number before they're sent out?

I saw the earlier post asking about a specific number, and I didn't know if there's a protocol regarding trading numbers. Would that just make things too messy?

Tom
P.S. I don't have any particular number in mind, I'm just curious of the process.
Kgaijin
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OB, you need to make a wallpaper sized file of the bottle available so we can stare at our desktop and drool until we have the actual item in our grubby little hands!
SCOFFMAN
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Once-bitten, I think the extra "hits" on the page may have been from someone like me going back and seeing how many hits there were up to that point on the page... my bad. I know I also accidently hit the "Buy" button a second time, but did NOT proceed to actually purchase a second bottle (although I really would have liked to have! Very Happy ) Hope this didn't mess anything up!

I know that after I made my purchase, when I went back to the page to see how many hits there were, it was only up to 16, so I think I got in fairly early... I didn't see the hit counter at the bottom of the page the first time, which is why I went to take another look...
jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once-bitten wrote:

What I am hoping to bring to all of you:

... not to mention the 50 years old Great Reserve whiskey itself filling this nice and unique piece! Wink
Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That DOES explain some things Scoffman...and no I'm not angry or anything. I knew people would be curious so I should have figured there would be returner's!
Nobody commented on the JOKE counter I put near the bottom center that read 148 as soon as you got to the page! I was hoping that would freak people out a little bit as most know there are only 149 bottles...the REAL counter was at the very bottom.

Here is how the numbering will go and I hope this doesn't offend people too much considering that EVERY bottle has a low number regardless of what place you ended up during the purchase.

There will be 8 bottles designated as AP's (Artist Proofs) which will be numbered as follows, AP-000 thru AP-007. These are the ULTRA RARE Bottles that I never expect to show up on E-Bay...and I'm giving them as gifts to people who have seriously donated time, effort , this space and Massive Talent to this project...they know who they are.

AP-000 is going to be kept by myself.

The rest of the bottles will be numbered in the order of purchase as follows: 001 thru 149.

Here are the top 10 purchasers:

10.Frank D.
9. aaron m.
8. Maureen H.
7. philippe s.
6. Gerald G.
5. Rebelscum
4. sin k.
3.Thomas L.
2. Steve C.
1. David O.

I will put up the completed list after purchasing has closed.
Thanks all for your wonderful co-operation!
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul,

Without sounding a little off, have you considered that some bottles may be broke on their voyage to your home?

I am not sure if you want to sell them all out in the event you need to replace one. Otherwise, hopefully the manufacturer will honor some type of replacement as well.

Sorry for bringing up a downer of a subject, but curiousity struck me.

Anyway, you have done a fanastic job and I do not think there are enough words I could string together that shows just how thankful I beleive those that love Blade Runner are for you doing this.

At least from me, thank you!

Tom
svander
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amish wrote:
Anyway, you have done a fanastic job and I do not think there are enough words I could string together that shows just how thankful I beleive those that love Blade Runner are for you doing this.

At least from me, thank you!

Tom

Here, here!
SCOFFMAN
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet! Yeah Paul, I saw the fake hit counter, but I thought it was just broken... and then when I came back and saw the real one at the bottom of the page I was like AH-HA! I KNEW it couldn't have already hit 148 because I had my payment in through Pay-Pal in less than a minute... thankfully my cell phone chimed when the synchronized email came in otherwise I might have been surfing NewEgg for like another 10-15 minutes before I would have noticed and checked my email on my computer. I think there's like only like a 5-10 second delay normally when email comes in to my mailbox then gets pushed to my phone.

I too want to express my thanks for all your hard work with this project and all the great comments and input everyone here has posted. I haven't been this jazzed about a collectible in a long time! I think the thing that is the coolest about this is that it is something that I can actually USE... it's not just going to sit on a shelf somewhere looking pretty (well, it will do that, but it's something that will also be functional!) And I'm really glad that I found this website and that there is still such a dedicated fan base out there that this sort of project is even feasible. I really have been amazed at the amount of talent, time and effort that has gone into the many projects that people have worked on and shared with the community!

As to Amish's comment, pretty much the reason I wanted a second bottle was to have a backup just-in-case... glass does break! I had a good friend of mine destroy a really nice crystal cigar ashtray and a collectible heavy glass beer mug from a local microbrewery... I have been unable to replace either. Crying or Very sad

I would also hope that no one who is purchasing a bottle is just going to turn around and put it up on eBay! I'm sure it's going to happen, but let's hope that for the most part people are buying one to collect it and not just turn an extra buck.
technocoy
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, that would be my reason for buying a second as well. I hope the glass on these puppies is nice and thick-like!

can't wait to have one of these with some glen in it sitting on my side table next to my soon to be blaster purchase. still waiting to see what turns up with sid and hartford... I REALLY want to pay Rich for one of his, but I'm also a little afraid of it being too fragile, and I really do want to be able to handle it without being too paranoid. I'll probably still wind up with a coyle, but it would be really fun to have one that fires blanks or airsoft pellets.

I have this idea to leave it sitting on the side table in my BR room like I just got back from retiring replicants and just sat it down. next to the bottle of booze I picked up. Haha.
sycor
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ACK! I didn't get the forth update. I was thinking the project was delayed. I need the link to buy. Sent you an email Paul.
Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries sycor...link sent! Sorry I missed you, I still don't know how it happens but a few people dropped through the cracks.

Purchase period will continue for Statement signers a few more day's...If I missed you PLEASE CONTACT ME!

Thanks!
IGNITERS
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: just send my share... Reply with quote

well I just threw my share into the hat ....cant wait to drain that work of glass! er I mean that the drinking's not the important part its the artfullness of the bottle and prop er ....,I mean .....drunk is not everything its the shape well ....I just cant arrange the words ! this is gonna be fantastic!
spinner44.com
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paid!

Paul, thank you again for making this project a reality. I look forward to getting stinking drunk and holding up a liquor store with my SidKit blaster. Smile

Thanks again.
Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You GOTTA post pics of THAT!
Nexus6
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once-bitten wrote:
You GOTTA post pics of THAT!

Maybe he should have someone with him (to take the pix), in case he gets retired in the process.

phase pistol
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the meantime you can enjoy looking at this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVIwqKHiEuM
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 20 of 61

Jump to: