FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
BLADE RUNNER BOOK PROJECT IS GOING ON >>>>>
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you interested in this project?
Yes, I wanna help! I have some data for you!
 36%  [ 13 ]
Yes, I wanna have one of this! Perhaps more!
 63%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 36

jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spinner44.com wrote:
I have some camera raw digital negatives ready to lend. I can upload them to my FTP for you if that works. More to come.

Here are a few samples:

FANTASTIC! If you have space for it, let's go! If not, I could setup an FTP account just for you.

These pictures are gorgeous!
spinner44.com
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I was going for a film noir look rather than the standard white background. Glad you like them. I am uploading to my server now. I'll send you a link for downloading the zip file shortly.

Thanks! Smile

-
jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spinner44.com wrote:
Thanks! I was going for a film noir look rather than the standard white background. Glad you like them. I am uploading to my server now. I'll send you a link for downloading the zip file shortly.

Thanks! Smile

-

I think a uniform look in all the pictures will be desirable, but is impossible. Some of the pictures are B/W in origin (and impossible to change them). Others will come from several parts, as you. The rest, well, are my own props and replicas, and could be photographed under light conditions as I would. But I think differences between any set of pictures, from each origin, is a cool idea too.

What (all of you) think about?

If answer is "all props must have the same background and light" this could be a never ending story.... Fyling to each destination point to make I myself the pictures! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
SKIN JOB 66
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have some camera raw digital negatives ready to lend. I can upload them to my FTP for you if that works. More to come.

Here are a few samples:

I agree with Joan, your photos are GORGEOUS !!!
Shocked

BTW Spinner44, where the hell did you get your SPINNER medallion ? I ask because, each time I find one on eBay, the seller refuses my bid because I'm not a US citizen... and it only happens with this damn thing ! (I never had a problem acquiring other props in the USA, just THIS one)
Confused
spinner44.com
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The medallion came from Matt Munson. I painted it with Alclad stainless. Thanks! Smile

-
4yearlifespan
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfuste - the pics look great!!!

Just curious for the blasters

will each blaster type be simply listed with corresponding photo's - or will blasters ( would take more time and print space ) be broken into makers and sub categories of versions...i.e Rich Coyle v3.....v.4 etc..... listing the changes in each version.

I know the variations can be subtle at best - but I would love to see a version chronology of the major blasters.

Nice work.

Gabe
jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4yearlifespan wrote:
jfuste - the pics look great!!!

Just curious for the blasters

will each blaster type be simply listed with corresponding photo's - or will blasters ( would take more time and print space ) be broken into makers and sub categories of versions...i.e Rich Coyle v3.....v.4 etc..... listing the changes in each version.

I know the variations can be subtle at best - but I would love to see a version chronology of the major blasters.

Nice work.

Gabe

Blasters will be a great topic to cover in deep, but print space is very limited. I will need to choose very carefully each topic and content, pictures and sizes. The cars topic will be enought to fill this book and half... The Paul Smith bottle, the same. Deckard's apartment, the same thing. And so on.

Blaster comparison is the minimal I want include. One pic (at least) for each model, as appeared here at Propsummit. The "classics" models, from the real one, thru Rick's concept blaster, thru Coyle, Hartford, Sidkit, etc. models will be a very nice travel and evolution, but, IMHO, is out of boundaries of this book for now.

Only with 200 or more confirmed pre-orders I could add a 30% more pages to the book. Then, blasters will have a very large section.

For now, you can see it, 31 pre-orders done...
SSB
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget the 'stunt' casts of the pistol - originally worn by extras, as well. Some made it into private hands and were a valuable resource for replica makers.

-Mike
LA2019
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfuste wrote:

For now, you can see it, 31 pre-orders done...

Add one to the pre-orders !!

This site is a gold mine when it comes to getting info on the BR collectibles, I think it's sad that there's no official merchendise to be found (besides the unicorn and spinner in the new Final Cut sets)..

Living in Sweden doesnt make things easier either when it comes to finding BR items (The last thing I found was the comic-con "spinner" keychain AND it was on the swedish ebay website)..

I guess having a book that deals with all the BR collectibles and props truly shows that there actually is a market for BR stuff, I wonder if we'll ever see some official items.

bbabich
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, those photos are artwork, anyone could take those pieces and hang them on their walls. The look is definitely film noir... a great tribute.

I hope you dont mind, but I think I need to shoot my Indy collection in a similar way.

-Bryan
jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SSB wrote:
Don't forget the 'stunt' casts of the pistol - originally worn by extras, as well. Some made it into private hands and were a valuable resource for replica makers.

-Mike

Yeah. Some info about this, and pictures, will be appreciated... Very Happy
jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LA2019 wrote:

Add one to the pre-orders !!

Thanks Niklas! Glad to see you here!!

Quote:

Living in Sweden doesnt make things easier either when it comes to finding BR items (The last thing I found was the comic-con "spinner" keychain AND it was on the swedish ebay website)..

Same thing in Spain... I have to pay high shipping costs to achieve each one of my collection pieces... Sometimes, cost are higher than item itself! Ebay is a great resource, anyway. Others are more risky.

They are two models of this keychain (I have 3 of the one model). First, the Spinner one, second, a very rare mini-blaster one. This second one are not easy fo find...

Quote:

I guess having a book that deals with all the BR collectibles and props truly shows that there actually is a market for BR stuff, I wonder if we'll ever see some official items.

Yeah. Copyright issues and licenses are the main reason they are not official merchandising at all, except the Final Cut pack.

This book cannot include all the collectibles around, neither in deep. I think will be the first in a series, and thus, it will include the most important props as we think about. There are works in progress, like the blimp replica, that cannot be there for now.

Two alternatives are possible. One, wait until ALL the props and collectibles can be included. This will take one or two years, for sure. And cost of the book will be 3 o 4 times higher, also more pages, of course.

The other. Make a first book, 96 pages or so (perhaps 126, who knows), and include a first selection of real props, how to replicate them, how to identify props in the movie, how to find them... and watch. Is sales permit, I will do a second volume with more info. An so on.

I like the idea of having a little collection of professional finish books made by fans, for fans. Publising these books in the real world like any other book will be impossible, due copyright issues and, basically, a bunch of many other reasons too difficult to avoid. Take a glance at Future Noir. Paul M Sammon had not been able to make an american edition with Harper Collins. The book has been published only in UK and Japan. And is the Bible of BR!!! Imagine the same with a "simple fan book".... Smile
jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bbabich wrote:
John, those photos are artwork, anyone could take those pieces and hang them on their walls. The look is definitely film noir... a great tribute.

I hope you dont mind, but I think I need to shoot my Indy collection in a similar way.

-Bryan

You are right! Perhaps a little poster run will be interesting.... Very Happy
jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 12:28 am    Post subject: UPDATE Reply with quote

PRE-ORDER LIST UPDATED

1: Jack Moreno (direct inquiry)
2: DVD Connoisseur (propsummit)
3: Skin Job 66 (propsummit)
4: Skin Job 66 (propsummit)
5: Skin Job 66 (propsummit)
6: 4yearlifespan (propsummit)
7: repdetect (propsummit)
8: offworld66 (propsummit)
9: nyreaper (propsummit)
10: HALP9triple0 (propcircle)
11: F-N-S (propsummit)
12: svander (propsummit)
13: Nexus6 (propsummit)
14: eltee (propsummit)
15: eltee (propsummit)
16: spinner44.com (propsummit)
17: Deckard double (propsummit)
18: IGNITERS (propsummit)
19: Once-Bitten (propsummit)
20: bsgfan12 (propsummit)
21: amish (propsummit)
22: oldzey (propsummit)
23: andy (propsummit)
24: steevy (propsummit)
25: Bear (propcircle)
26: hirohawa (propsummit)
27: SCOFFMAN (propsummit)
28: Anson James (propsummit)
29: superjedi (propsummit) - please confirm!
30: Phil Resch (propsummit) - please confirm!
31: tain669 (propsummit)
32: LA2019 (propsummit)
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joan,

I will see what I can do with Photographing my Gun collection (I have about 20 different ones), It will be a couple weeks before I can get all my old info I am afraid. Depends on if I can get my old computer woking enough to access all the stuff on it. Otherwise I am still waiting for my tax refund to buy a new one. Unfortunately I can not upload all the photos from work. New pics I can upload from my camera.

Another Idea with the book would also to have a downloadable PDF file that can be printed out at a small printshop. Would cost more than what you are doing though most likely.

Also do not forget the 'Planta' coat rack.

Andy
jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
Joan,

I will see what I can do with Photographing my Gun collection (I have about 20 different ones), It will be a couple weeks before I can get all my old info I am afraid. Depends on if I can get my old computer woking enough to access all the stuff on it. Otherwise I am still waiting for my tax refund to buy a new one. Unfortunately I can not upload all the photos from work. New pics I can upload from my camera.

Wow! This is a HUGE collection!!! Nice.... Dont' worry. There is no date limit for now. I'm looking for several objects here and there, scanning, taking pictures... There is a lot of work to do.

Quote:

Another Idea with the book would also to have a downloadable PDF file that can be printed out at a small printshop. Would cost more than what you are doing though most likely.

But this is not the way I like it. A PDF file could be done ever, updated, and so, but I don't want to distribute some content in this format. Its too valuable.

Quote:

Also do not forget the 'Planta' coat rack.

Andy

Take for sure! I located one!!!!! Flying to home this week.... Also, a Hamilton watch.... Collection grows everyday.... Last item received was an un-cut Tsing Tao caps. Yes, I know the only relationship with BR is the name... but I have several of these little things in my drawers... Very Happy

Also, 3 x HL70 Braun desktop fans won last week. Two orange ones, one pure white (as in the movie).

Thus... you have a lot of time yet to resolve your computer issues (I wish I where there... I'm, among other things, computer technician... Very Happy ). If you can afford a new one, this will be fine. You will be more productive too!
jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: UPDATING... Reply with quote

PRE-ORDER LIST UPDATED

1: Jack Moreno (direct inquiry)
2: DVD Connoisseur (propsummit)
3: Skin Job 66 (propsummit)
4: Skin Job 66 (propsummit)
5: Skin Job 66 (propsummit)
6: 4yearlifespan (propsummit)
7: repdetect (propsummit)
8: offworld66 (propsummit)
9: nyreaper (propsummit)
10: HALP9triple0 (propcircle)
11: F-N-S (propsummit)
12: svander (propsummit)
13: Nexus6 (propsummit)
14: eltee (propsummit)
15: eltee (propsummit)
16: spinner44.com (propsummit)
17: Deckard double (propsummit)
18: IGNITERS (propsummit)
19: Once-Bitten (propsummit)
20: bsgfan12 (propsummit)
21: amish (propsummit)
22: oldzey (propsummit)
23: andy (propsummit)
24: steevy (propsummit)
25: Bear (propcircle)
26: hirohawa (propsummit)
27: SCOFFMAN (propsummit)
28: Anson James (propsummit)
29: superjedi (propsummit) - please confirm!
30: Phil Resch (propsummit) - please confirm!
31: tain669 (propsummit)
32: LA2019 (propsummit)
33: Findbladerunner (propsummit)
jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:30 am    Post subject: Some samples of cars pictures Reply with quote

Only some samples, but you will see the taste of this production shots.

Last edited by jfuste on Wed May 21, 2008 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total
jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:31 am    Post subject: Some samples of cars pictures Reply with quote

Only some samples, but you will see the taste of this production shots.
There are more of them.

4yearlifespan
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Cool!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 6 of 13

Jump to: