FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
BR Whiskey Bottle Project...BOTTLE REALIZED...AGAIN???!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 59, 60, 61  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DVD Connoisseur
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm genuinely sympathetic to Once-bitten's position. I'm also eternally grateful that he's taken the challenge to produce such a replica, no doubt at the cost of quite a few grey hairs and sleepless nights.

From a legal standpoint, the production company's on very thin ice. If they've not packed the bottles adequately, compensation should be due. This is definitely an avenue to pursue.

At the moment, an additional $75 is not looking feasible but I'm going to check my monies before I decline or accept.

I'm praying that the bottle (if purchased) will survive the trip to the UK. The glass looks quite thin from the pics so a fair amount of padding will be required, me thinks.
Anson James
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SKIN JOB 66 wrote:
oldzey wrote:
I would just like to state that I understand the situation and appreciate the open and honest communication from Paul about the bottle. I have had many glass items I ordered broken in the mail myself and it's quite frustrating (so think of that times a huge shipment). I would also like to recognize the huge time commitment on Paul's part and I implore all to have faith that this can be resolved professionally.

Regards,
oldzey

I agree with Oldzey and won't let Paul down. I'm going to buy this bottle, no matter what the final price is, I think we owe him this !!!

Regards,
Fred

Also agreed!

Paul has put a bucketload of his own time into this project - I expected to be paying a lot more before the original price was finalised.

I haven't got a pot to piss in right at the moment but I'll get the money together.

These bottles will be super rare and well worth owning...

Last edited by Anson James on Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nexus6
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anson James wrote:
SKIN JOB 66 wrote:
oldzey wrote:
I would just like to state that I understand the situation and appreciate the open and honest communication from Paul about the bottle. I have had many glass items I ordered broken in the mail myself and it's quite frustrating (so think of that times a huge shipment). I would also like to recognize the huge time commitment on Paul's part and I implore all to have faith that this can be resolved professionally.

Regards,
oldzey

I agree with Oldzey and won't let Paul down. I'm going to buy this bottle, no matter what the final price is, I think we owe him this !!!

Regards,
Fred

Also agreed!

Paul has put a bucketload of his own time into this project - I expected to be paying a lot more before the original price was finalised.

These bottles will be super rare and well worth owning...

Exactly my thoughts. When Paul first announced that the project was a go, I had assumed that the price would be anywhere from $150 - $250. The lower price was just an unexpected bonus. The time & labor he spent spear-heading & accomplishing this project is worth FAR more than his original asking price.

I have to step out of the house for now, but I'll be responding to the update e-mail/adjusted offer with a 'YES' when I get back.
Finbladerunner
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OB, this clearly isn't your fault. Sudden price increase is fatal and I have to think twice before saying my final words do I still take it or not.

Like here has been stated, the bottlemaking company should compensate as THEY FAILED to delivery bottles in safe. Why in earth customers have to pay for damaged stuff? If they are not going to do additional run, we have nothing to loose as money for broken bottles is asked back. Not only kindly asked.

And the Finlandia Vodka caps... Sad I cry again. Oh why we have here world's highest prices on Finlandia Vodka bottles. I live in country where it's produced!
Anson James
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finbladerunner wrote:

And the Finlandia Vodka caps... Sad I cry again. Oh why we have here world's highest prices on Finlandia Vodka bottles. I live in country where it's produced!

I heard you have be rich in Finland to get drunk!
svander
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still in and have responded accordingly.

This sucks but what can you do. They definitely should have insured all those bottles before shipment if they were going to do such a miserable job at packing them.

Asshats.
IGNITERS
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: soon ... Reply with quote

could we see the photo of ALL the busted bottles?(together I mean)
Just to put our mind at ease ...
now dont take that the wrong way, but I know that it would have come up when they hit ebay and It would put all of us minimum wagers that serve your food and press your pants out there at ease when they ask themselves why they aren't drinking out of one of the unbroken bottles that they paid for ...

just a thought.....
once again , as stated in my pm sorry it has come to this after all your work....

Last edited by IGNITERS on Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
jeffrey
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The shipment wasn't fully insured?
Bill Hunt
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SKIN JOB 66 wrote:
oldzey wrote:

Regards,
oldzey

Regards,
Fred

I second this. I'm also not going to let Paul down. He's got countless hours and a lot of money of his own into this project. I'm sure he'll take whatever efforts he can against the company. In the meantime, I can only imagine his anguish at finding so much of the shipment ruined. I've paid the added amount. I'm certainly understanding of the situation. I appreciate his honesty and the tremendous efforts he's made to create this item for us.
The Loyalizer
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what the legality of the situation is, but it would seem to me that if the company was paid to produce and ship a product, and said product arrived broken or damaged, they should replace the damaged product. I don't know if there's some fine print in there that covers the company's ass or not. Still the company should deliver what it was paid/contracted for, that includes good shipping. I doubt the company would be this casual about it if it was a large company this order had been for.

Maybe in hindsight a run in plastic would have been less problematic in the fact that broken bottles wouldn't really be an issue. Of course then you wouldn't have a functional prop, unless you're the sort that likes whiskey out of a plastic bottle.

I guess we'll see how this plays out. I think the suggestion to offer just the bottle as well as the bottle with label and cap and letting the buyer choose which they want is not a bad idea, but then I'm less daunted by label printing than some others might be.

"We began to recognize in them a strange obsession..."

http://fcomin.cgsociety.org/gallery/
technocoy
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul,

PLEASE send me the bottle manufacturers name. First of all, if they aren't going to replace the bottles, and the shipping really is the cause, there is no way they aren't legally obligated to either A: supply unbroken bottles to replace these, or B: Issue you a refund for the ones that broke.

I'm a designer, but I work closely with the internet marketing industry and I will build an entire site that ranks on google for ANY hit on bottle making/manufacture/prototype that absolutely smears this company's name to anyone else looking to use them.

They are banking that you aren't willing or able to get legal representation on this, but I can DAMN sure give one HELL of a consumer repot page for this.

I hope this resolve and doesn't hit you too hard as I was really hoping we could work together on the de czar project.

I am definitely still planning to purchase and will be sending you an email shortly.

Good Luck.
david
belloq

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This needs to be addressed legally- at least a formal legal letter of warning that you are exploring legal and other remedial actions- lack of insurance coverage, mail fraud, etc. Not getting what you paid for is a fairly simple argument which should be covered by a legal statute in your jurisdiction, the manufacturer's jurisdiction, covered by the shipping service or insurance or the customs office or perhaps a "better business bureau." Or all of the above should be contacted. This is a ridiculous situation and you shouldn't feel you have no options. The manufacturer owes you the replacements or a refund. Period. Any lawyers here?
Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all for your kind words and those that are angry, I would be surprised if you weren't...I got so drunk after opening the bottles and discovering this mess, I had to call sick into work.
Here is the explanation that some of you probably don't understand:

The Bottle Company I went through is in China. This is in part my own stupidity but they truly were the ONLY ones that made this whole venture feasable. ALSO, keep in mind that they have NO IDEA of the significance of this bottle, to them it's just and unusual design which is strangely difficult to get out of the mold.
They consider this order a sample order and have plainly stated that they have no interest in replacing broken bottles though the neglegence is clearly theirs.
I was told that the shipment was insured, now my shippers who called in favors to save the project money tell me I'm out of luck.

Anyway, rest assured, anyone wanting a refund will get one. I mearly stated that if I get a dozen or so refund requests at one time, it may take me a day or so to process them is all...I won't make anyone wait unduely.

I plan to go back through all the bottles again this weekend and when I do so I can post some more pics.
Labels should arrive in a matter of weeks and when they do we will begin shipping.
I mentioned about CAP's in the up-date, was I not clear? International order's will be getting a cap, US order's will be getting a tutorial on how to retrofit one.
Thanks all again for your continued patience and kind words.
BeastMaster
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is extremely bad luck. Didn't a simular thing happen with skinjob's pipes in another thread?

OB, your reputation is stellar, don't let anyone tell you otherwise! Wink
thesoz
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a lot of discretionary funds, but this increase still makes the prop a fair value. It must be understood that this kind of undertaking, like anything else in life, would inevitably have stumbling blocks. I'm still in.
megamicrofish
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not too happy about the extra $75 but what can I do , I want the bottle so have said yes.
I suppose the only good thing to come out of this is they are now rarer and more sought after if anybody wished to sell theirs at a later date (which I won't be doing)
Will the certificate be ammended to cover the smaller run ?
Kgaijin
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still in. Sorry this has happened OB, no good deed goes unpunished I guess. The extra bucks hurt a bit but the total is still in the range I was originally thinking it would cost. Thanks again for all your work!

-K
hirohawa
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still in, and payment is sent.

Sorry for your troubles.
megamicrofish
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you have paid ? I havn't received payment email yet ?
Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again guys.
megamicrofish--- if you haven't heard from me please pm me your e-mail address again. I'm doing these one at a time so as to get them right, sorry for any delay.

I am going to keep the original order for numbeing the bottles. As people drop off the list (a few have) everyones bottle number will get lower.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 32 of 61

Jump to: