FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Found a Microma watch, too pricey for me.........

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:09 pm    Post subject: Found a Microma watch, too pricey for me......... Reply with quote

After doing some research and email sending, I came across a fellow
who has a black and gold Microma watch for sale, its the same as Decks but is the two button version,not the screen seen three button job.
This guy is a serious watch collector and was on to me straight away as a BR fan. He knew the whole story about the three button thing. He said he has never seen the three button version, extremely rare( Sir Scott strikes again)
Anyway, the guy wants 225 GBP `s for the watch and thats way out of my range, over $500 Australian dollars. I tried to bargain but the guy was as flexible as the Dutch reform church , no offence ,and so , got nowhere. As i have given up trying to get this watch, i gladly present an opportunity to someone here to snatch it up. Just PM me and i will forward on his details.
Tim.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think part of the trick of prop handlers for films, especially sci-fi, is to not choose things that are too familiar. This seems to end up meaning they pick relatively rare items when we are searching for them 25 years later Razz Keeps this board going though.

Andy
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got an email today from the guy selling the watch and he accepted one of my previous offers and when he sent some enticing snaps showing screen accurate band, i had to grab it and it didnt seem to be in anyones long term plans here, so its gone to a good yet destitute home.

jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

offworld66 wrote:
Got an email today from the guy selling the watch and he accepted one of my previous offers and when he sent some enticing snaps showing screen accurate band, i had to grab it and it didnt seem to be in anyones long term plans here, so its gone to a good yet destitute home.

Congratulations!!!! I will continue looking for one.... Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: