FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Interesting finds....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr_Creepy
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Interesting finds.... Reply with quote

Won a couple of auctions on the 'Bay today, so I don't have them in my grubby little hands yet, but I had to share!

These were in a "lot" auction---any of them would look at home in BR, but it's the 2 shown in the individual images that really grabbed me (especially the one on the bottom left).

I've also recently won one of the "Bryant" ashtrays--it's originally from an Travel Lodge motel and has the cute teddy bear logo on it Rolling Eyes Laughing

Another cool find was a last minute surprise--was searching a seller's items while waiting on another auction to end, and found a lot of 3 ties. The gray one screamed "Deckard"......

I know Indy Magnoli's doing the BR tie now, but has it ever been determined if the actual tie was custom made or a modifed found piece?
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ridley Scott talks about a custom "printed" tie that he still owns, but the one most seen in the movie seems to be knit. My guess is that it was custom made from found fabric.

The only other tie I have seen Deckard wear can be best seen on the 4th disc of the DVD set with the vintage behind the scenes docs, with Harrison being interviewed. I appears to be a vintage style tie with deco design printed on it. very likely the one Ridley now owns. Unless more than one version of the 'block pattern' tie was made in case it got ruined while he was being strangled with it.

Cool finds on the ashtrays. There is a smaller version of the Safex that is also similar and pretty cool in it pure form.

Andy
Mr_Creepy
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
The only other tie I have seen Deckard wear can be best seen on the 4th disc of the DVD set with the vintage behind the scenes docs, with Harrison being interviewed. I appears to be a vintage style tie with deco design printed on it. very likely the one Ridley now owns. Unless more than one version of the 'block pattern' tie was made in case it got ruined while he was being strangled with it.

I'll have to rewatch that, thanks for the info. Hell, it was vintage deco ties that led me to the ones posted! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Aesthetic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: