Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prices ?
panzerrune
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

megamicrofish wrote:
Prices ?

PM eltee. Only he can price quote as he makes the stands.
eltee
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have one more left at this time. With a shiny finish like the one shown by DrMcCoy it is $115.00 shipped CONUS.

I can add an all metal "FORCE" badge to it with Deckards , Gaff, Holden, or Bryant ipic in it or you can add any pic yourself. I beliece I already posted a pic of a badge version elsewhere. If interested, PM me.

These stands were labor intensive and are 100% metal (aluminum and brass). They are drilled and tapped, no glue. The pegs that hold the gun are turned on a lathe. On the one for sale, they are shiny brass (on another version of the stand as shown by panserrune, the entire stand inc. pegs was media blasted to a matte finish).

They are heavy duty and will support all-metal blasters securely.
temponaut
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Standing by to hear back from you, eltee. No rush; just want to be sure you got my e-mail.

Thanks!
eltee
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Shop's shut down for the holidays so I can't get them to do the blasting until after. I'll get it in as soon as the shop reopens.

Happy Holidays.
temponaut
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No rush at all. Just wanted to be sure my message didn't get sucked up by the spam filter.

Thanks, eltee, and happy holidays to you! Very Happy
Rick Deckard
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM Sent.
Rick Deckard
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No reply, to my PM, still Interested in purchasing one......
temponaut
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Safely received my stand, and it's terrific! Beautiful to look at and touch, and its media-blasted metal finish complements my metal Blasters (Coyle, SidKit, and Tomenosuke) perfectly.

I also must salute the intelligent engineering of this stand. It's compact yet sturdy and balanced so that it supports the heavy weight of an all-metal Blaster securely. As eltee noted in his first post, the machined support pegs have a "relief" cut into them, so that the Blaster is held slightly away from the back plate of the stand, avoiding any rubbing.

And, most impressive to me from a design standpoint, eltee has had the machined support pegs tapped off-center. The pegs attach to the stand by means of screws that come through the rear plate; because the holes in the pegs are off-center, rotating a peg will change its position relative to the hole in the back plate. With both pegs adjustable in this way, the end user can very easily adjust the distance between the pegs -- I'd estimate a difference of close to 2 centimeters between the pegs at their closest and farthest placements -- enabling the stand the achieve a "custom fit" for virtually any Blaster. This stand is as smartly designed as it is beautiful.

I couldn't be happier with it, eltee! Thank you for creating a stand worthy of the best Blasters out there!
panzerrune
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

temponaut wrote:
Safely received my stand, and it's terrific! Beautiful to look at and touch, and its media-blasted metal finish complements my metal Blasters (Coyle, SidKit, and Tomenosuke) perfectly.

I also must salute the intelligent engineering of this stand. It's compact yet sturdy and balanced so that it supports the heavy weight of an all-metal Blaster securely. As eltee noted in his first post, the machined support pegs have a "relief" cut into them, so that the Blaster is held slightly away from the back plate of the stand, avoiding any rubbing.

And, most impressive to me from a design standpoint, eltee has had the machined support pegs tapped off-center. The pegs attach to the stand by means of screws that come through the rear plate; because the holes in the pegs are off-center, rotating a peg will change its position relative to the hole in the back plate. With both pegs adjustable in this way, the end user can very easily adjust the distance between the pegs -- I'd estimate a difference of close to 2 centimeters between the pegs at their closest and farthest placements -- enabling the stand the achieve a "custom fit" for virtually any Blaster. This stand is as smartly designed as it is beautiful.

I couldn't be happier with it, eltee! Thank you for creating a stand worthy of the best Blasters out there!

What a great review you have posted on an exceptional stand! I am looking at mine right now (media blasted also) and enjoy it even more so now after reading your posting! It is the only stand "Deckard's M2019" will ever be displayed on as long as i own it! It compliments in all ways the matched quality of the M2019! I still need to get a metal name plate made for it and i will be 110% set!

Thanks for the review!
Bassnoir
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

....what is the cost of "TWO" basic no frills stands including shipping?... can I Pay Pal you?.....
eltee
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick Deckard: Thought I PM'd you back, if I didn't I apologize.

Bassnoir and Rick Deckard: I am out of the stands at the moment. If you two will commit to purchasing a total of at least three I can have my machinist tool up for another batch. The aluminum stock comes in a size the makes three, that's why I need 3 orders to justify buying the stock. Bear in mind that up close, the natural flaws of aluminum stock may show, but that has not deterred anyone who has bought one so far. I offer three finishes:

1. UNfinished. You get everything done but you finish it off yourself. This one is $105.00 shipped CONUS

2. Shiny finish. Done by hand using abrasives and ending up with scotchbrite to do the final pattern. See 1st post of this thread for a sample of that finish. $115.00 shipped CONUS

3. Media blasted matte finish. I can do just the base and back plates (leaving the brass pieces shiny) or blast everything. $130.00 shipped CONUS.

All of the ones above are the current model with the shortened baseplate, radiused corners, hidden hardware on the corner gusset, and offset screws on the pegs to allow a small bit of flexibility in the gap between them.
Bassnoir
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...sent a pm ordering two of the SHINY finish.....please change that to MEDIA finnish.....I went back in the thread and agree that would be a superior finish to back up all metal Coyle and Sidkit......put me down for TWO...
Rick Deckard
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM Sent
eltee
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bassnoir, your two stands with unfinished, raw aluminum base and back have shipped via USPS priority.

Rick Deckard, your stand is with the media blaster. I'll let you know when it is done.

THANKS to both of you for your orders, I hope you enjoy your stands.
Bassnoir
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...got the stands today.....absolute perfection....i'm using mine for a Worldcon Sidkit and Coyle....the "unfinished" stands match the weathered look of the blasters...the stands are heavy and sturdy for these beefy blasters....many thanks....
David
eltee
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick Deckard, your media blasted stand is ready. Tried to PM you. LMK.

THANKS.

eltee
eltee
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick Deckard

No reply from PMs. Please contact me by April 15. I have another interested buyer waiting if you choose not to purchase this one or don't reply.

Hope all is well.

eltee
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His avatar is missing. That is not a good sign. I will see if I have any other contact info for you Eltee.

Andy
temponaut
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever since receiving my media-blasted Blaster display stand from eltee, I have been intending to post some photographs of it. But my work schedule has conspired against me and, to my own surprise, it seems to have been a couple of months since I spent time here on propsummit. I hadn't realized so much time had slipped by. I've missed being here!

Anyway, I've managed to carve out some hours for fun this weekend, and one of the things I've done is to photograph eltee's beautiful stand with the Tomenosuke Blaster on it. This is the version of the Blaster that Tomenosuke Shoten sold as a built and finished model.

The first photo shows the Blaster on eltee's media-blasted stand with no lighting apart from the room lights. The origami Unicorn was purchased through an auction on Yahoo! Japan.

The next shot shows the same items as they appear with the built-in lighting in the display case turned on. In all of the remaining shots, the display case lights are on.

The Tomenosuke Blaster and eltee's stand again, this time with the lenticular photo and acrylic frame from the Blade Runner Ultimate Collector's Edition DVD set.

An angle showing a different view of Tomenosuke's artistry, and of the clean, elegant lines of eltee's stand.

The last shot shows the recesses that eltee designed as a feature of the machined support pegs. The recesses ensure that the Blaster rests securely on the pegs, at the same time holding the model away from the back of the stand to avoid any scratching. The support pegs themselves are attached to the stand by means of holes that have been tapped off-center. By rotating the pegs on their screws, the distance between them can be customized to fit your Blaster perfectly.

Once again, I'd like to tip my fedora to eltee for making these beautiful stands available. A very classy piece of hardware that supports my Blaster in more ways than one. Thanks, eltee!

Thanks, Pilot!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Prop Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: