FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Retrofitting Blade Runner Book?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
panzerrune
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:23 am    Post subject: Retrofitting Blade Runner Book? Reply with quote

By the description and individual reviews it sounds like the type of reading i would enjoy. I tend to like delving into the deep "over analysis" of things. I would have to order it online as no one in town has it. www.deepdiscount.com has it for $20 includes shipping.

Anyone here have any opinions on this book?

http://www.amazon.com/Retrofitting-Blade-Runner-Androids-Electric/dp/0879725109/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1228630723&sr=8-1

Thanks.

jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:16 am    Post subject: Re: Retrofitting Blade Runner Book? Reply with quote

panzerrune wrote:
By the description and individual reviews it sounds like the type of reading i would enjoy. I tend to like delving into the deep "over analysis" of things. I would have to order it online as no one in town has it. www.deepdiscount.com has it for $20 includes shipping.

Anyone here have any opinions on this book?

As said in other threat too, this is a compendium of essays, more academic oriented than any other book talking about Blade Runner. I have it in my shelves, but... till now, I cannot find the right time to read it in all! Smile
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up the book a while back on Amazon for under $20. I have yet to read too much from it though. What I have was pretty good though. It is collected academic writings on various topics and themes. Some very deep stuff and interesting research.

Andy
Echo9

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Retrofitting BR... another oppinion. Reply with quote

I bought this book last summer and have read most of it. It's as Andy stated, written by academics , which makes for an interesting read. Some of their observations are quite deep compared to other published source material. Under ' Bibliography ', instead of listing all the books used in the research, the writer ( of Bibliography ) wrote a listing of every article published on the movie ( with a 2-3 sentence quote from each article ) I found this very interesting . Aside from that, my copy states it is a 2nd printing ( 1997 ) and it was copyrighted 1991. Some of the arguing and bickering is dated ( and annoying ). And I was surprised how many people disliked the movie. If you like Blade Runner, reading and books, you'll probably find something in it for you. Remember !!! to carry a small pencil with you at all times to mark those ultra important facts and observations. Enjoy. Echo9
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: