FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
+ FREE + Deckard's Apartment Tile
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doc3d
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh oh. Wisdom. Cool

Absolutely right, my friend. I used to manage, in another life, a work group of about 150 people, and the "soft voice" was my deepest and most effective philosophy.

In my geezerhood, though, I've sort of turned into an in-your-face type, and it isn't necessarily for the best.

Looks like I have to get some cool back, 'eh?

doc
spinner44.com
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doc,

Hope I didn't sound like I was pushing advice.

I guess what I am hinting at is seeing if there is interest and taking the list off-web to an email list so anonymity is given to prospective buyers as well as the size of the run. It helps protect everyone, at least a little.

Cheers. Smile
doc3d
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No push noted at all, my friend. My response was straight up.

Old doc needs to chill a bit... get himself back into the flow... listen to a few Gabby Pahinui cds... knock back a few tequila rapidos... draft a few tile concepts... Not necessarily in that order. Cool

Reconnecting with the BR community seems to be energizing though. Guess I must be done mourning Hunter S. Thompson, the greatest practitioner of guns and terrible craziness who ever lived... if not for HST as a role model, I probably would never have built that bullet-firing version of the PKD gun (posted elsewhere on this list).

BTW, nice shot of Sydney Greenstreet on your ID pic. One of my favorite actors of all time.

doc
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to look up what a "tequila rapido" is. Sounds good (because it has Tequila in the title) Wink

Andy
doc3d
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit off topic, but not that far... I've always assumed what Harrison Ford actually washes the fake blood out his mough with is blanco Tequila.

Anyway, presenting the Tequila Rapido:
Tools required are a dishrag or small towel, and a small sturdy glass.

Add to the glass 1 finger of Tequila, and 1.5 fingers of fresh well charged plain soda water.

Place hand over mouth of glass. Smack the bottom smartly on the towel you've folded and placed on your bar, or kitchen counter, or the floor if you've found yourself unable to stand up any longer.

This will instantly and briefly fill the glass with froth, which you drink down in one.

Then you pass the glass along to the person next to you.

I showed the bartender in a Baltimore dive how to do one a few months ago-- he'd never heard of the drink. When I whacked the glass down on the barrag covered counter, everybody was startled and went en guarde. From the amount of attention people paid, I think I've just introduced a new popular drink. Profitable too, because Tequilia is like single malt Scotch in that you really can tell the difference between good stuff and crap, and decent Tequila is expensive. The Blue Agave that makes it is not doing well because of over-exploitation, which is why the price of the stuff keeps climbing.

To see a how-to on video, watch Jean-Hughes Anglade make 'em in the Beineix film called "Betty Blue". I can't give you the exact time into the movie, but roughly ten minutes after the long, extended sex scene that opens the flick (and looks real, imho). Could likely have been real, since the crazed sexy French actrice Beatrice Dalle plays Betty.

doc
spinner44.com
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had those before under the name of Tequila Slammer/Shooter. It had tequila, a dash of kahlua and ginger ale. Had it in San Diego. The waiter did the whole slamming thing, even with the bar towel experience. Quite refreshing!
doc3d
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might go for the extra ingredients if it was cheapo Tequila. But this is a situation where if you have good tequila, you probably want to retain its flavor unmasked.

Then again, I'm the kind of person who wanders all over Burning Man with my water bottles filled with good Tequila and Gatorade, so some of my opinions are open to debate.
doc3d
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfuste apparently found a source for someone making 1/2 scale tiles out of polystone (weren't the originals 16 inches square?) In case things have changed, it's on the December 5 page of the link below...

doc

http://www.joanfuste.com/mybladerunner/
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: