FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
BR Blaster Targeting Device
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very gratefull for that gentlemans generosity, and yours phase pistol, i doubt i would own an all metal blaster without it Very Happy
temponaut
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Loyalizer wrote:
According to Rich and Phil's notes on the original prop, it suggests that two screws have to be removed and the entire magazine housing detached from the prop in order for the cylinder to be opened and rounds loaded. This is true on the C&S blaster.

I don't know how practical that would be on a set that is already over burdened by time and expense crunches, as it takes a good 2-3 minutes to disassemble, load, reassemble the weapon. Yes it could be done in between takes, but thats working harder not smarter.

If I recall correctly, the production crew of I, Robot faced a similar problem loading the Taurus inside of the shell of Spooner's sidearm. Their solution was to have several identical hero weapons loaded and ready before any take that included gunfire, so that retakes could be shot immediately without waiting to disassemble, reload, and reassemble the weapon. Of course, what we know about Deckard's Blaster suggests that this wasn't an option for the BR crew.
doc3d
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest Think Geek catalog (www.thinkgeek.com) has a pen-sized green laser that they claim "can be seen in mid-air in the dark". This is a new one for me... The item number is 5A47 and another version, A570. Price range is $70-80.

It made me wonder if the tiny green laser that began this thread also is visible in mid-air at night. That would make it considerably more interesting as a BR gun add-on.

I've never seen a green laser fire, only the red ones. And the red ones I've seen only show in high smoke or dust environments (like at Burning Man-- there are lasers visible all over the Playa because of the almost constant airborne gypsum dust).

Who knows, maybe the technology has changed and I missed it...

doc
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: