FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Help me pick a blaster
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tain669
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Coyle version is pretty beefy if you ask me and I think with the new version coming out later this year it's pretty much my choice to go with but if you trouble with the price go with the Offworld version but I have my issues over the quality control over the assembly of this BR replica.Thanks
sycor
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darkknight0667 wrote:
An option, if you don't feel that your skills are up to the challenge of building one yourself, is to seek out one of the (absurdly) talented builders here and ask them how much it would cost for them to build a kit up for you.

I thought about that since everyone so far seems so nice. But wasn't sure if they would have the time, or if I would be able to afford them doing it. It's something to think about though.
darkknight0667
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll never know until you ask.
bbabich
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of the above points are extremely valid and I will try not to repeat what has already been communicated.

I am a proud owner of three Rick Ross PKD's. Although that may be a small number compared to other collections on this board, I will tell you that I truly cherish my Rick Ross PKD's they are a true piece of art. I will never part with my Rick Ross PKD's; that is how much I love these pieces. Now any faults in the paint or assembly would be my own, but the sculpt is beautiful. Rick Ross is also a joy to work and communicate with.

I also own a Sidkit, a pretty decent, accurate replica. I have the resin and metal kit and I like it a bit, but I would prefer to own one of the all metal kits. Maybe something to consider down the road.

And now the C&STXYZ blaster... I have never owned one, but have handled several and there is a reason why I do not own one. They shake like a baby rattle; when I squeeze the trigger of the blaster I have this feeling the entire gun is going to break under the stress; and the paint job is horrible. No matter how many incarnations of the CXYZ blaster have been released to the market, the fundamental issues with the piece have never been addressed. I have seen the new CSTZ93058 5.0 (whatever) first hand a few weeks ago at the Phoenix Comicon and all I can say is that for $450 or whatever is being charged these days I would consider the other options that are out there.

BTW I am not complaining about the CXYZ-(whatever) price, as I would easily spend $450 for a Rick Ross if that was the going rate.

Just my own personal thoughts.

-Bryan
doppelganger01
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Bryan. I'm glad that you like them.

Sincerely,
Rick
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: