FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Mods & Upgrades to the 'Offworld Mfg. Model 2019'
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrisNightingale
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:50 am    Post subject: Re: ZOSPEC ARMORY Reply with quote

KJBRETT wrote:
Hello everyone.
I'm new to the forum but I've been trying to collect as much knowledge about the Blade Runner Gun in all its variants.
I thought this site might be of some interest:
Zospec

Specifically the Armory link:
DEKKADO Blasters
Prices:
Rod LED ?5,800=$53.00
Hero Screw (HIROSUKURYU Ver.2) ?2,800=$25.00 (5.9 grams of pure SUKURYU!)
Outer Barrel ?12,000=$109.00
Bolt Unit ?15,000=$137.00
Grip End ?9,800=$89.00
Right Knob ?2,500=$22.00

but also this(which I had never seen before):
HWS M2019C.S BLASTER w/Dot Sight

I hope this helps.

Hey great links - I love those custom parts especially the grid end and the weaver screw - I guess it depends on which versions they will fit onto (as I hear the OW version is slightly smaller)
________
WEED VAPORIZER

Last edited by ChrisNightingale on Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total
svander
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm not mistaken, those parts are for the Hartford blaster which is based of a Chief's .38 special - which is the same gun the Offworld model is based on so they're the same size (slightly smaller than the ones based on the .44 Bulldog although not by much).

Pic for reference (.44 on top .38 special on bottom):

svander
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some updates on my end:

I ended up picking up one of the last Offworld pieces through eBay (the seller, offworldmfg, which I believe is the one that imports them appears to have run out now) which arrived a couple of days ago. While the gun was dusty, I was pleasantly surprised at the quality and heft to it. It came with five hollow-point .357 dummy magnum rounds in it. The gun felt very solid out of the box, with no creaks or noise at all. No orange plug either so maybe the last batches had running changes made to them.

The only two things that are bugging me are that the hinge in which the cylinder is mounted on, is a little lose. I am going to try and find a washer to put in there to tighten up the hinge. The other thing are the orange grips; they had a little bit of flash left although that was taken care of with some sandpaper.

Overall, it's quite nice. As you all know it's not film accurate but it's a good replica. It's nice to hold and look at for sure- with a newly issued feel to it. It's (was?) also one of the cheapest out there so it will make a good display piece.

Now the real fun begins in finding/building a nice display/stand for it. I was looking at the stand the licensed replica of the "Samaritan" (the gun from Hellboy) comes with and I was thinking of making something Blade Runner inspired in a similar concept...

I'll start a new thread asking for folks to show their displays/stands for some inspiration.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think display stands are an excellent project that a lot of people here would want. Some of my favorites are the ones Gary Willoughby used to make and the simple Hartford one piece bent acrylic.
Brendan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently acquired one of these blasters. Like many others here, I've stripped and repainted it. I considered satin black paint, but in the end I went with metallic black! I know that sounds crazy, but I applied it in VERY fine coats. That gave it a slightly textured satin finish, but the metal flakes give it a more expensive, less plastic toy look IMO. I painted the silver parts of the gun in Hammerite paint which gives it a more textured, almost cast metal feel. Not perfect, but a real improvement over standard.

I added some weight to the gun by cutting down some large fishing weights to fit the spaces in the butt, and inside the grip frame. Adding the weight to the back of the gun also helps make it feel more balanced; as standard, most of the weight is in the front of the weapon.

I also removed the flash lines, and filled the ugly join at the front of the magazine with car body filler.
chew
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also just finished repainting my offworld blaster. It's really not a bad blaster replica once you give it some attention and/or love. My solution to the loose barrel release was to make a tiny washer out of a flat piece of blister packaging. I first "drilled" a hole with a pin vise to the diameter of the corresponding screw, then cut a square around it with scissors so it would not turn. Then after aligning it with a toothpick, installed the hinge screw... Night and day difference.

It ALMOST quenched my thirst for a better model... However I am still on the waiting list for the Japanese model.
Rustyn242
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off - a hello to our posting members!

Second- how is ordering from zospec.com? The google translation is pretty scary (and funny) - I hesitate on sending my bank card / credit card info. to a transaction I can't fully understand. With my luck I'd end up with some bizarre car parts that would only fit on a YUGO. LOL!

Third- How can I get on the Japanese gun list? I saw photos this past summer and I've been dreaming about buying one of those ever since...
I had been trying to buy a Coyle all metal gun for a year and a half now- but after reading Once Bitten's review... I'm reconsidering.

- Rustyn242
doc3d
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone has his or her own criteria re the Blaster. Mine was it had to look reasonably close and shoot real bullets. The Coyle and a .44 Bulldog worked fine to achieve this objective, as you can see on other posts I've made to the list.

Doc
Rustyn242
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:43 pm    Post subject: and one other thing.... Reply with quote

Does anyone know a good source to get dummy rounds for this gun?
My question may shock some that are familiar w/ real guns but I don't know much about them. Can't really find bullets in stores in NYC.
Don't they sell ammo in Kmarts outside of New York state?
I remember seeing that in "Bowling for Columbine".

I'll stop embarrassing myself now... Embarassed

-Rustyn242
doc3d
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New York City?!!!

You may as well load it up with marshmallows. Wink

Doc
chew
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Pisan!

There is a gun store in chinatown

John Jovino Gun Shop‎:
183 Grand St
New York, NY 10003

(212) 925-4881

I've always wanted to go in there but haven't yet. They're not going to sell inert rounds though I'd bet... I am in the same situation so maybe we should just ask doc3d nicely?

as to your Japanese gun list question that I just noticed, I think they're all scooped up, I put in an order the day after they were available and was told I am on a waiting list til February.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They sell ammo in Wallmart in NY State. KMart not as much anymore.

I usually pick up dummy rounds at gun shows. Got some cool 38s rounds for the offworld for about $.75 each. They have gunmetal shells and are fully weighted with no holes in them like the ones that come with other replicas. Just different enough to help with the SF look for a 2019 gun too.

Real rounds were flying off the shelves because of rumors that Joe Biden might have Obama enact new gun control laws, like the assult weapons ban he had previously helped with. Mostly rifle calibers though. Pistol rounds were not selling as fast.

Andy
Rustyn242
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, thanks for all of the replies. I will try that place on Grand Street. I pass by Grand pretty often.

Bummer about the Japanese waiting list (for me, at least).
Maybe another run will happen in the future (years from now?) LOL.

- Rustyn242
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: