FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Worldcon Screen Used Badge for Sale
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeastMaster
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool! thanks for sharing Very Happy
ScreenUsed
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy and Fred, sorry, but we can't give out the measurements for the patches. The first reason is that they are owned by a collector now, second is that they are already shipped. Just based on the placement on the uniforms on screen you should be able to get a pretty decent estimate of their size. If we did have them still, as a policy, we just don't give out that information. Sorry, I hope you understand.

Desi
SKIN JOB 66
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScreenUsed wrote:
Andy and Fred, sorry, but we can't give out the measurements for the patches. The first reason is that they are owned by a collector now, second is that they are already shipped. Just based on the placement on the uniforms on screen you should be able to get a pretty decent estimate of their size. If we did have them still, as a policy, we just don't give out that information. Sorry, I hope you understand.

Desi

No problem Desi, we understand your position... but could you at least post a bigger file of the pic below please, it would help us a lot since it provides good size relation info on the patches and pins ? (If you choose not too, we'll understand as well, of course)

Guys, now that we have those great pics, it's time to try to determine the actual size of those things in order to help Tim produce a screen accurate set !

Fred
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScreenUsed wrote:

Desi

I totally understand. Thank you again Desi,
Andy
ScreenUsed
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for understanding guys. I do have that picture in a bit higher resolution for you - sorry for the wartermarks, but without them, someone else might use the pictures in the wrong way.

Desi

temponaut
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much, Desi. We appreciate your generosity with the images and information you are at liberty to share, and also understand why there are some things you can' t share.

Great photo!
ScreenUsed
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SKIN JOB 66 wrote:

Also, a pic of the interior of the Police hat (to understand how the face shield and interior glasses were mounted inside would be great... I have an idea of how this was achieved, but if you and the buyer would agree to give us this kind of info, that would be really apprciated here)

Fred

Fred, sorry, I forgot to answer this earlier. I don't have the hat any more, however the hat was not, shall we say, perfectly designed. Lots of it inside was put together with a hot glue gun. The wires just ran out the back, and there were two small light bulbs (not LEDs) inside the top of the brim of the hat, just inside the goggles and the face shield.

Desi
SKIN JOB 66
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScreenUsed wrote:
SKIN JOB 66 wrote:

Also, a pic of the interior of the Police hat (to understand how the face shield and interior glasses were mounted inside would be great... I have an idea of how this was achieved, but if you and the buyer would agree to give us this kind of info, that would be really apprciated here)

Fred

Fred, sorry, I forgot to answer this earlier. I don't have the hat any more, however the hat was not, shall we say, perfectly designed. Lots of it inside was put together with a hot glue gun. The wires just ran out the back, and there were two small light bulbs (not LEDs) inside the top of the brim of the hat, just inside the goggles and the face shield.

Desi

Many thanks for this precious info Desi, I thought until now that the faceshield and goggles were affixed only by the "screws" on both sides of the hat...

... and of course, many thanks for the large pic above, you rock !!!

Fred
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SKIN JOB 66 Wrote:
Quote:
Also, a pic of the interior of the Police hat (to understand how the face shield and interior glasses were mounted inside would be great...

Fred,
I placed the shield between my legs and squeezed it till it took the right shape then held that shape with some gaffa tape, never get tired of saying that,you can then place the shield where it needs to go and glue.
You already know that you need the biggest hat possible to pull this off with the thick sheild, my hat was small so i had to use a lightweight shield. Its the same as the one in the pic but the principle is the same for a heavy duty shield.

temponaut
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool WIP photo, offworld.

Now everybody, all together now...

Gaffa, gaffa, gaffa, gaffa, gaffa, gaffa...

It's fun!
SKIN JOB 66
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

offworld66 wrote:
SKIN JOB 66 Wrote:
Quote:
Also, a pic of the interior of the Police hat (to understand how the face shield and interior glasses were mounted inside would be great...

Fred,
I placed the shield between my legs and squeezed it till it took the right shape then held that shape with some gaffa tape, never get tired of saying that,you can then place the shield where it needs to go and glue.
You already know that you need the biggest hat possible to pull this off with the thick sheild, my hat was small so i had to use a lightweight shield. Its the same as the one in the pic but the principle is the same for a heavy duty shield.

Tim,
Yep, I remember you told us that... but the more info I'll get before I'll start this tricky piece, the better, that's why I've asked Desi about the way the screenused one was made !

Fred
SKIN JOB 66
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

temponaut wrote:
Cool WIP photo, offworld.

Now everybody, all together now...

Gaffa, gaffa, gaffa, gaffa, gaffa, gaffa...

It's fun!

GAFFA GAFFA, HEY !!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: