FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Deckard-ish Shirt for a Bigger Guy

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mitch Magnum PKD
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:54 pm    Post subject: Deckard-ish Shirt for a Bigger Guy Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
If you're anything like me you've not only spent years wanting & hunting for the perfect Jacket, Coat, Shirt(s), Tie(s), etc, etc, to complete a great, full (and Screen Accurate) Blade Runner outfit... but you're ALSO interested in items that fall under the heading of "close enough" or "Blade Runner-ish" to incorporate into your regular wardrobe (let's face it, it's one of the great things about the Deckard-Style of dress: you're either perceived as having a vaguely familiar - yet Retro - look OR you're dressing 10 years ahead of your time... depending on how you look at it.)

Anyway, point being I'm always on the look out for shirts & ties that have that "Blade Runner Aesthetic" we all love so much.

On a website I frequent I recently found a great Bill Blass shirt from the 1970's that I think looks very RepDetect (provided you wear it with the "right" tie, of course)... The problem for ME is: I'm pretty much a Size Large / 42 Regular kinda guy and this shirt is for a bigger man than I am.

Anyway, the shirt is a 49 Chest / 17.5 Neck / 36 Sleeve
If these dimensions work for you, this might be a perfect shirt to add to your Deckard Gear (and for THAT, I envy you).
For 26 Bucks how can you go wrong?

Here's the link:
http://www.rustyzipper.com/shop.cfm/rz/viewpartnum~128800-M42197/backtorow~36/maxshow~20/startshow~61/SIZE~/ERA~1970/TYPE~Shirts/SEARCH~/GENDER~Mens/PRICE~ALL/SITE~rustyzipper/128800-M42197.cfm

Here's a couple of photos (if this works):

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e38/MitchLaRue/DeckardishShirt.jpg

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e38/MitchLaRue/DeckardishShirtCloseUp.jpg

Whattaya think?
And hey, if anyone here grabs it up, lemme know (and maybe post a photo)... I'd love to know if this tip helped someone out.
All the Best,
Mitch
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good find Mitch; I know that we're fixated on the same shirts, tie, coat etc...but it's good to know that Deckard has more than 2 shirt (and pants) than the ones we saw. It would be great to come up with a few variations: e.g. coat, shirt, pants combo.
Mitch Magnum PKD
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's kinda the frame-of-mind I always operate within as far as my own choice(s) of style goes joberg:
The Movie shows us Deck (and his wardrobe) over the course of a few days, sure... but in loving the look of the BR world - and in embracing just how "on target" the styles and fashions of 2019 L.A. look - it's easy for one to build a "RepDetect" wardrobe based around the notion that someone like Rick would have had four or five OTHER shirts, four or five OTHER ties, a few OTHER pairs of pants, etc...
For my part, I've got a couple of "Deckard-ish" shirts and a few ties that (I think, anyway) capture the spirit of that world.
I don't have the shirt or tie Magnoli makes YET (got them ordered, just not here) and I haven't ordered any of Rachael's (Meg's, is it?) GREAT looking stuff... probably WILL, though...
But I will tell you this: As much as those of us who choose to wear Deckard Gear are out and out ripping off Blade Runner when we do it... whenever I pair up one of my patterned BR ties with a 70's style stripe patterned shirt and my rust-colored corduroy blazer, Blade Runner doesn't get the "Cool look! I love your style" compliments...
I get them.
Thank you Mister(s) Knode, Kaplan & Giraud.
Very Happy
Cheers,
Mitch
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Aesthetic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: