FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Let's talk scotch

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bsgfan12
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:17 am    Post subject: Let's talk scotch Reply with quote

so thank you very much once-bitten, I have decided I have to sample Johnny Walker to fill my bottle. I have to say I wanted to stay true to BR so I bought JW black. Having emptied the bottle and wanting to cheap out a bit, I bought a bottle of JW red. What a difference. Any liquor buffs out there, what is the difference between the two? Black seems thicker? Richer? There is definitely a difference. I see my Vons has JW blue for $162 a bottle. Anyone drink that? What is the difference? I am not quite ready to drop that on a bottle, but I am curious, is it worth it? My AA sponser will be contacting you OB.
________
BMW E65/E66/E67/E68

Last edited by bsgfan12 on Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Loyalizer
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My local bar tends to run short of JWB pretty fast, so I've had the opportunity to sample a few of the other types.

Red Label is a milder version, with a lighter flavor. Its easily the milder of the flavors, seems almost sweeter in flavor. Its definitely the lightest of the blends.

Green Label has a bit of a richer flavor and tastes closer to black, and seems to pack a bit more kick to it than the black or red.

I've been drinking them on the rocks, and it stands well on its own merits. I'd say go with the Red if you're drinking light and the Green if you want to tie one on faster than with the Black.

Personally, I'll take the Green Label over the Red Label when they run out. I prefer its flavor over the Red. Of course a lot of it depends on which gal is tending bar that night, since one of the bartenders will pour me Green Label and only charge me for Black Label.

I haven't tried the Blue Label yet, they're asking something like $35 a glass and that's a bit steep at the rate I've been putting the stuff away. In the end, I usually go with the Black Label first, part of it is loyalty to the film, the other is I just like its flavor best of the varieties I've tried.

"We began to recognize in them a strange obsession..."

http://fcomin.cgsociety.org/gallery/
Deckards double
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JW Red is not worth drinking when you have an aged JW black priced only slightly higher. Black is an ideal 'everyday quoffing' whisky whilst the Green has a very distinctive smoky flavour due mainly to the Talisker and has been aged 15 years.
Blue.....oh, Blue! This is my all time favourite and i have a bottle which i dip into when i have something to celebrate or feel like treating myself.
Stunning all round, perfect!
photek
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, the Black is a must for going over the extras in the 5 dvd set! i have a small bottle of the Blue. i never cracked it ... i'm waiting for something special - either the lottery or foreclosure.

i have good buddy who knows how i appreciate JW and he once bought me a shot of the Blue while we were out. it was over $20. after one sip i understood why. positively the smoothest libation i have ever tried.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Aesthetic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: