FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Anyone remember the "Blade Hunter" blasters?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Anyone remember the "Blade Hunter" blasters? Reply with quote

Well, while I didn't find the Bryant watch photos in my picture archives, I did come across these pictures which I had all but forgotten about!

These were posted a very long time ago on ebay, and I believe the auctions came with some story about replicants stealing the guns and rebuilding them out of damascus steel or something, and using them in a revolution to kill blade runners.

At the time I was just getting into props and blade runner props in particular, and I remember thinking it was an interesting idea at the time. Obviously they are Rick's blasters, maybe recast? I remember seeing these posted a few times.

Just thought I'd share 'em for a laugh.
Njc------------
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are pretty strange indeed...I love seing this stuff. Thanks Noeland.
Jedirick
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that gold paint on trigger guard and lever or a coppertone?

At first i thought it might just be a resin color.
doppelganger01
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a recast of the PKD I. It is finished in a most interesting manner, though. Recast or not, I love to see other peoples finishes for my kits.

Rick
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember showing the auction and the pics to a fellow BR fanatic at the time, and they dismissed the whole thing as silly. But I thought it was interesting enough to save these pictures. Laughing

I think Andy might be right that the Marco is the most recast kit ever, but man your first PKD kit has to be a close second!!
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There a lot of PKD 1 recasts that are thought to be origional. So it is hard to tell the real numbers. The Oz/Marco is in a bunch of different combos though. I am still not sure how early the Oz kit was made though, but it seems like it must be early for so many kits to have been based of it and it not be accurate. The Moster Company in england still sells recasts of it. Speaking of England, Comet sells a gun that I have not seen pics of yet. My guess is that it is the Oz/Marco, but have no idea. I need to get pics from them. Rick asked me today why people would make copies of his kits and keep his text on them. I said that would be like making a copy of a Rolex and taking the name off. A lot of collectors think very highly of his PKDs.
Prefect42
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is quite a finish.

Right after seeing the pics, I wondered / guessed they were recasts of the original Rick Ross kit. Still got one of those sitting on my shelf. A REAL one. (Excellent work, RIck.)

If I understand it correctly, damascus steel is folded over repeatedly to give it that distinctive striping. Is this correct? And would it make any sense to make a gun this way? Of course, Leon might have been able to make one with his strength.

As the story goes, there are recasters in the future. Maybe Bryant would call them "resin jobs".

Ted.
Prefect42.

Buckaroo Banzai
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: