FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
BR Props I would like to see

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:07 am    Post subject: BR Props I would like to see Reply with quote

Blade Runner is filled with so many cool things from both the past and speculative future that I am surprized that more of it has not been reproduced. I think this could be a good thread to list those items that we would love to have if made by prop replicator licensed or otherwise. I know everybody wants a working spinner but I am hoping we keep it somewhat realistic.

In no particular order here are some things I would love to own from the movie...
-Sebastian's chess set (I was close to having it and it is still iconic to me).
-Light up parking meter
-Bear and Kaiser dolls (for my girlfriend to enjoy of course)
-Chew's Glasses
-Deckards FLW Ennis apartment tiles (this one is on most of our lists)
-Taxidermy robotic swordfish (just an odd conversation piece)
-Neon signs (esp. the White Dragon...but any of it would be cool)
-Zhora's coat rack (I just always dug it...wish I could find one in the US)
-Gaffs trench coat
-Batty's trench (both of these are cooler than Deck's in my opinion)
-Bryant's Desk and File cabinets
-Gaff's Pilot helmet (thank's to Nick detective work this might happen)
-Vid Phone Prop (possibly work as real Phone?)
Anything from Deckard or Sebastian's apartments would be cool decor, so I will stop for now.
IGNITERS
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: yes... Reply with quote

That sounds like a great thread idea ....
what I would like to see is ....
-Bryants watch
-TILES!
-a holster that doesn't cost over a hundred ( i dont doubt that there is work involved but )
-a photo detective badge made of metal similar to those shown in the worldcon photos (FORCE)or a dressier LAPD style...
- BOTTLES...the elusive johnnie walker or the pepsi style "tsing tao" that goes missing when leon starts kickin his ass
-an affordable spinner kit , in plastic or metal
-here is the doozy..... a VOIGT KAMPFF kit even if its a static prop...
- OR / AND ...ESPER machine kit even if its just a lamp, dig?
( or you could get a small tv/moniter in it and stroll through your photo liberary via ipod,just a thought )
nerdy as this is it would be a blast to assemble and I know that there are folks workin on some of these that may not, after all that work ,want to sell kits besause supply and demand may make the price too rich but...
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick Daring did a nice thread at the RPF about the parts that went into the Esper. I will have to see if I can find it again. I think that a Vacuum form and resin conversion kit to turn an existing computer moniter into it would be a very cool Idea. Then again if someone could make just the "Esper" plaques we could just retro fit and make our own custom espers.

here's Nick's thread...
Jedirick
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm probably going to have to create a clear resin" ice sculpture "of a swordfish for Cabin Fever 2. Royal pain.

i'll see what happens and what the molds could be adapted to do.
tain669
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen a guy who makes the Force Photo badge in resin and he can make them in metal also.Go to Ebay and look under Blade Runner badges or I can pass word to him if you are interested.Thanks
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tain669 wrote:
I've seen a guy who makes the Force Photo badge in resin and he can make them in metal also.Go to Ebay and look under Blade Runner badges or I can pass word to him if you are interested.Thanks

I have one from him...he goes by the moniker Blad and hails from england...he also visits here once in a while
sethb6025
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-A tile would be cool, I want one for a BR shadow box.
-VK machine, with some lights and movement.
-Tyrell's chess set w/lighted board.
-firing PKD, so I can retire some replicants. Laughing

I've considered neon signs a few times, maybe when we move into a house again and do a theater room, but I wouldn't have anywhere reasonable to put it in our apartment. I know a couple custom neon places locally, but I'm sure it will be $$$.
IGNITERS
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: yes ,metal ... Reply with quote

tain669 wrote:

I would like an e mail address ...(another one )
I tried to contact him lately through ebay to finalize a deal we had going but he has not answered....I didn't know he could do metal ,now that changes everything....but still before I send him money I would want better communication METAL! ( would look great in my wallet project )
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only metal I am aware of him doing is the cold cast aluminum and bronze versions he made. I don't know if he made any for sale though. I am on several boards with him and can contact him for you if email me or at least PM me. The only metal Badges I have seen In a while have been the Sid Kit ones and the Spinner44.com set. I have heard of others in the works but do not have any info on where they stand.
eltee
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I took down the some of the pics and data. I just recalled that the last time I posted (on another site) some BR stuff it caused a small storm. When my project is done, I'll just post it so it won't get slammed or copied.

Sorry, it just occurred to me the last time I did this I had to do some defending against people who cried foul.

However, here are a couple of non-offending (I hope) photos of stuff I've done. This is what a set would look like if Deckard was in today's LAPD.

Here's what it might look like if Deckard (in 2019) discovered he had become a wanted person for fleeing with Rachel. He grabbed Leon's gun from the evidence room as a hideout piece, grabbed some money and planned his next move.

I AM working on metal badges. 100% metal inc. gold plated, based on original sculpts I commissioned. These are the photo badges that were possibly based on a belt buckle:

Last edited by eltee on Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:03 pm; edited 5 times in total
IGNITERS
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Reply with quote

well my name is Paul I'm 5 foo7 "HAZEL " eyes and athletic build ....I hahahahaha
COUNT ME IN ON MOST OF THAT!
....sorry andy ferget what I was saying earlier hahahaha,ya snooze ya loose right?
let me know the second those are ready or even if they arn't I can finish em ...
looks awsome!
tain669
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been to this thread earilier and I saw that someone had said that they were going to offer the Force photo i.d. badge for sale and they were going to post the info later on and now the post is gone.Who was it that was offering these please pm me or e-mail me.Thank . E-mail tain669@yahoo.com
eltee
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was me. There was a hassle I dealt with when I posted some BR stuff on another thread. My badge project is nearing completion, so it will be unveiled really soon. I initially posted some pics, then took them down to avoid controversy.

It will be worth the wait. Note: I am not doing a "run" or really offering a bunch of pieces for sale. I am creating this for my collection, but there are a few extra pieces, some in-progress prototypes, etc. that I won't need to keep. The spare badges (in order to get them done in metal, I had to have more made than I needed) wil be offered up as part of a set with some unique wallet fillers and a closer to screen accurate wallet than I've seen so far. I am currently working on an illustrated tutorial showing the research, etc. that went into this project.

Sorry for the cloak and dagger nature, but you all remember what happened when the Worldcon photos got circulated. No big secrets here, just want to avoid bashers, self appointed regulators and copy cats.
Jedirick
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Sorry for the cloak and dagger nature, but you all remember what happened when the Worldcon photos got circulated. No big secrets here, just want to avoid bashers, self appointed regulators and copy cats.

Sounds like more of that BR mafia thing. Very Happy

I'm up for whatever you want to share, produce, trade, sell, barter.

ASmazinghow possessive some people can get over a concept-license-product that they do not own, have any rights to, or any other justification for outrage.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure you can post when you feel the time is right. I hope most of the other stuff that plagues other boards will at most be ignored here. Thank you for letting us in on it Eltee.
eltee
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a set of commercially made metal badges that I had done when it was felt the wallet badge was an oval shape. As a cop, I thought it was unlikely a badge would have no wording on it, so I had some panels added. I did one each in chrome, polished and antique finishes. I have polished chrome and brass washers/rings for the centers and a picture can be applied on that. I stopped working on this in favor of going to a movie style badge.

Here's a 5 minute mockup using the center washers and a hand cut picture to illustrate the layout.

andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah...I think I want one of each...uggh...there goes my tax money
tain669
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi eltee,I'd be interested in getting one of the Patrol photo badges from you.Please post what the prices will be or pm or e-mail me.Thanks.E-mail tain669@yahoo.com
Blad

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:33 am    Post subject: Re: yes ,metal ... Reply with quote

IGNITERS wrote:
tain669 wrote:

I would like an e mail address ...(another one )
I tried to contact him lately through ebay to finalize a deal we had going but he has not answered....I didn't know he could do metal ,now that changes everything....but still before I send him money I would want better communication METAL! ( would look great in my wallet project )

Originally you asked for two pairs of badges - two Deckard ID badges (small, gold wallet badges) and two of my version of the LAPD Bladerunner badge. I gave you a very good price for those.

You replied after a short while saying that the four badges you wanted were the majority of the set I was offering on eBay including the FORCE badge not the two pairs I had discussed with you.

That wasn't the deal and frankly I was a little annoyed.

Apologies for not answering, but I thought that you were playing a game with me and I wasn't prepared to play!

However - you're clearly a fan and if you want a set I'm happy to talk about a reduction and that applies to anyone else on this forum.

The FORCE badge in the set I did for eBay is not the same one that Eltee is talking about. That's a very different beastie.

I do produce all of my badges in cold-cast aluminium and cold-cast brass with varying levels of success, the Spinner badges looks fantastic, the LAPD looks worn and subdued.

Will post pix if anyone is interested.

Cheers,

Charlie/Blad/Charlesstoddart on eBay
IGNITERS
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: I'll send you a pm regarding this Reply with quote

yes There was a breakdown in communication(happens with the written word) no foul was intended and when you didn't respond I just figured you'd changed your mind ,I will pm you regarding this ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: