FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Another prop "discovered": Gaff's spinner Sunpak

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:17 am    Post subject: Another prop "discovered": Gaff's spinner Sunpak Reply with quote

I was lucky to find this without idea in mind. Just browsing my frames collection I find it. The Sunpak 522 flash unit used in the ESPER is used too in the Gaff's spinner. Here you have the snapshot:

Nice to see that prop masters of BR used and reused the same old items again and again.... Very Happy

Sorry for the BIG picture. Is the best snapshot available, I think. From Final Cut BD edition.

And, for Alien fans... this video sequence appears too in Alien movie....
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice find Joan.
Gaff87
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well spotted Joan. Wink
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to tell you this, but this was already found way back in 04 by By Nickdarring...

http://therpf.com/showthread.php?t=507&highlight=web+props

http://www.nickderington.com/Images/brpost/sunpakcompare.jpg

I recommend everybody look at this thread at the RPF for the for it helped me in much of my research and confirming suspicions as well. Nick will always be one of my idols in this work (or hobby I should say Smile)

I give you credit for your find anyway Joan, because I give myself credit for finding many items on my own without the help of the RPF for so many years.

I believe the sunpack is in three separate places including the Spinner, The VK and the Fish Lady's microscope.

Keep up the good work Joan, you will make full detective soon Smile Wink

Andy
jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
I hate to tell you this, but this was already found way back in 04 by By Nickdarring...

Oh, no surprise here Andy. I know is very difficult to discover something new in the movie. RPF is a very large forum and I understand somebody do this before me. In fact, you know that, I'm a newbie in RPF... impossible to be before... but I love Propsummit (versus RPF...), so.... my "discoveries" will be here, ever.

Quote:

I recommend everybody look at this thread at the RPF for the for it helped me in much of my research and confirming suspicions as well. Nick will always be one of my idols in this work (or hobby I should say Smile)

Me too! In fact, I remember to read it long time ago (surely following your guidelines, yeah!).

Quote:

I give you credit for your find anyway Joan, because I give myself credit for finding many items on my own without the help of the RPF for so many years.

Hehe... I love to watch the movie frame by frame now... is something very special. I can stop any snap and study long time. Is the only way to catch a little detail.

Quote:

I believe the sunpack is in three separate places including the Spinner, The VK and the Fish Lady's microscope.

mmmm, the miscrocope.... yeah.... the black bar.... ok.... I'll take a look there... (Domino lighter and JVC monitors takes all my attention everytime I see this scene!).

Quote:

Keep up the good work Joan, you will make full detective soon Smile Wink
Andy

And you will have a great part in this success, I'm sure!!!! Razz
spinner 44
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a matter of fact, the Sunpack is not in the spinner set.

Let me explain this. When nearing completion of the film, many close-up shots where needed to be filmed, among those the close up shots of the spinner's car monitors and the new ESper sequence.

A particular group of prop and electronics people where in charge to build the objects that had to be filmed for special effect unit, with no actors around. In some cases the inserted the objects set (the new ESper machine) in some others they where totally separated form the set they are supossed to be in (the many spinner central monitors).

These props share common elements between them, as the Sunpack flash and the braun clock. Most probably one of them was disassembled and those parts where added into the new prop.

This spinner monitor differs quite a lot from the one on the main set. The main one being the screed orentation is vertical here whilst in the big set is horizontal. Besides that there is no flash or braun clock just below the monitor. Plus in the "close-up" set you can spot the spinner driving handle on the far right, practically out of focus.

This "close-up" set is seen in all its glory in the deleted scenes, when the police checks Deckards ID before he enters the Bradbury.

Another funny note in this particular scene is that Deckard is supposed to be inside its bronze Sedan car, but in the car's interior scenes the used the spinnet interior set. The window, seat, etc is absolutely diffferent in both cars.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: