FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
MY SECRET MAGNOLI PROJECT IS DONE!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Costumes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chew
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 6:56 am    Post subject: MY SECRET MAGNOLI PROJECT IS DONE!!! Reply with quote

http://magnolic.ipower.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=286

what do you think...
Gaff87
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy smokes, Chew!
That is stunning!!!!
Magnoli did a great job.
chew
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Gaff! I am really pleased with the way it came out!! I must have sent the poor guy 300 photos and about as many notes, but it really paid off!! I can't wait to see it...
Gaff87
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sending 300 photos is a good thing though. I'd want it to be as accurate as possible if it was me.

Hopefully you'll be posting lots of pics when you get it? Smile
The Loyalizer
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks great, only thing that catches my eye is the collar looks a bit on the small side. If I hadn't just plunked down a chunk of cash on Magnoli's Escape jacket, I'd definitely have nabbed one of these.

"We began to recognize in them a strange obsession..."

http://fcomin.cgsociety.org/gallery/
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say im very impressed with Indy`s version. The collar could have been a little bolder though as it is the key point of the whole thing.
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's right on Chew! Good job providing Magnoli with the necessary info. The more pictures, the more details the better the result
repdetect
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i agree, the collar should have been a little bit larger and i think this thick cotton fabric isn't close enough to the hero trench which is really very soft - remember some fotos of Deckard's running on the rooftop of the vehicles in the street where the trench can be seen wide open - BUT, imho, speaking of the shape, this is overall the most accurate coat i ever seen !!!...if Indy could find a more closest fabric and would add a larger collar i surely would buy one immediately !
chew
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the great notes guys!

I actually requested the collar be about 4 inches wide, I used this photo for reference,

based on the fact that my head is ten inches long I measured Deck's so that the proportion of collar to head length ratio is as close as possible. Maybe it could have been 4.5 inches... But I am happy with it.

I made this yesterday and am walking around with it in my iphone:

I didn't want the coat to look too exaggerated, and as for the fabric it may be a little light but the texture I believe will only serve to make it look more dynamic! In the first photo you can see the loose fibers on the shoulder which Indy pointed out, its why we chose the fabric we did.

He is a true craftsman, and is more than willing to make modifications to suit the individual, feel free to use the above photos to make measurements to fit your personal preference!!!

Last edited by chew on Fri May 08, 2009 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Gaff87
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The collar looks good to me. Remember in one of the scenes, Deckard has it done up (IIRC) so it can't be too big.
I have to agree that it's definitely the most accurate i've seen aswell.
LA2019
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... This is awsome, one of the better ones. The collar looks alright to me

The Loyalizer
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gaff87 wrote:
The collar looks good to me. Remember in one of the scenes, Deckard has it done up (IIRC) so it can't be too big.

What I was saying isn't that the collar isn't high/tall enough, but rather its not long enough. The ends are angled up, where on the screen used they are almost horizontal when worn open. The Abbyshot v1 is the same way. Although its not screen accurate in that regard, when its all buttoned up in the rain, the longer collar does tend to admit a bit more rain down the back of the neck than the other one does.

[/i]

Regardless, its still a top notch coat, and soon as I can scrape the cash together, I'll be grabbing one myself.

chew
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think another thing to point out is the mannequin from the original coat has some sort of weenie neck............. just sayin'...
The Loyalizer
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that you mention it, that is freakishly small. But even in the screencap you can see the collar flap is hanging straight down and not at an angle. I think its just one of those things like the color, it keeps changing from scene to scene and angle to angle.

I'm surprised better photos of the original coat haven't surfaced in all this time.

The Loyalizer
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

repdetect wrote:
Yeah i agree, the collar should have been a little bit larger and i think this thick cotton fabric isn't close enough to the hero trench which is really very soft - remember some fotos of Deckard's running on the rooftop of the vehicles in the street where the trench can be seen wide open - BUT, imho, speaking of the shape, this is overall the most accurate coat i ever seen !!!...if Indy could find a more closest fabric and would add a larger collar i surely would buy one immediately !

It looks in some scenes as if the lower half of the trench isn't lined. This is pretty noticeable when he's running on the roof. A lack of a liner will affect how a coat moves and drapes. Do we know if there was a 'stunt' version of the coat made for the action scenes?

joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be very surprised if they only made one copy of each garment Ford wears in the movie...for the sake of continuity some have no lining, some have the "worn" look (achieved with various tricks of the trade products; list is too long to mention here), then there's the stuntman's costumes, maybe the stand-in, etc...usually (according to budget also) there's, at least, 5 to 10 copies of each garment, sometimes more; stunts, fights, rain, blood (has to be washed or replaced altogether)...I could go on and on
repdetect
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Loyalizer wrote:
repdetect wrote:

It looks in some scenes as if the lower half of the trench isn't lined. This is pretty noticeable when he's running on the roof. A lack of a liner will affect how a coat moves and drapes. Do we know if there was a 'stunt' version of the coat made for the action scenes?

I totaly agree with you and it can even be seen on your photo comparison of the Hero and Indy coats, just take a look over the hero sleeves and how they are flat compared with Indy's...
repdetect
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Loyalizer wrote:
Gaff87 wrote:

What I was saying isn't that the collar isn't high/tall enough, but rather its not long enough. The ends are angled up, where on the screen used they are almost horizontal when worn open. The Abbyshot v1 is the same way. Although its not screen accurate in that regard, when its all buttoned up in the rain, the longer collar does tend to admit a bit more rain down the back of the neck than the other one does.

[/i]

Regardless, its still a top notch coat, and soon as I can scrape the cash together, I'll be grabbing one myself.

Then again i completely agree with you !...and it's a 'default' i always noticed on all the versions of the coats that exists, this damn collars !!...the way they angle up, even for the Abbyshot v2 or Megan's coat ! Speaking of the hero's fabric, i always thought the collar was made of a different one...and for the coat itself, it's thin enough that it looked soaked in the movie in spite of the fact that the fabric was waterproof.
Gaff87
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Loyalizer wrote:

What I was saying isn't that the collar isn't high/tall enough, but rather its not long enough. The ends are angled up, where on the screen used they are almost horizontal when worn open.

Ah..i get ya.
Sorry.
I misunderstood before.
My bad Smile
chew
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still am really pleased with it, we'll see how it looks in action soon, also I recieved the brick red deckard blazer last night and its way too brick red I ill be attempting to distress it any ideas?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Costumes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: