FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Question about Ideal BR Gun Version

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Question about Ideal BR Gun Version Reply with quote

This is a question to all collectors and builders on what YOU would want in your ideal version of a Blade Runner gun model? Such as metal and plastic ratio, functions, paint/weathering schemes, kit or build-up, totally accurate or idealized, add-ons and customization options, and anything else you can think of.

andy
talesin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well seeing I just finished mine, the only things I'd like to have different are more accurate materials for parts. If the Steyr cartridge is plastic, make it plastic. Otherwise I like the kit idea so that if you do want something different you don't need to take 5 steps back. But it should be accurate in style/size/material. It should do everything we expect from the 'real' gun - bolt, probe, etc. I guess it would be nice to have some options for customization - such as grip colours/materials.

I have a Doppleganger PKD that I'm working on that I'm going to customize. I have a different colour grip that I'll be using and like Noelands Gold one, it'll be quite different.
eltee
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Worldcon version, but without the visual signs of neglect. Essentially, an all metal version built to Worldcon specs, but with an "as-issued" finish...what the Worldcon gun looked like in 1985.

The replica should be solid and tight, sturdy enough to be handled without that feeling of extreme fragility. Not a static, hands off display model.

Last edited by eltee on Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good thread! I don't think I have an ideal version. I dig the guns overall shape and look, and I like variations quite a bit (obviously) as well as the screen accurate "version". It's all gravy in my eyes.

That said, I have handled and fired blanks in a version made with the real parts, hand built by an engineer (Craig Kovach). It's probably more well made than the hero gun. It's hard not to wish for that kind of hot rod, y'know? If I had the cashola I'd definatley commision Craig to build me one of his versions. In a heartbeat.

The hartford is a very close second to that for me! The hartford guns are fun, fun, fun!

BUT, I guess if a blaster is to my head and I have to choose one, it'd be an all metal version, a smooth satin stainless steel finish with black controls, screws, triggers, and inner bolt, with black ivory grips with the blade runner eagle logo inlaid into the grips with white ivory. Or perhaps the police kanji.

Hmmmm. I might have to friggin' build that.

Anyone know where I can have custom ivory grips done??

Njc--------------
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may sound like an odd and unrealistic request, or wish... I would love to see a BR Blaster that could be field stripped. I know the way these guns are modded together may make it impossilble, but, it would be cool

Also, Eltee, I could agree more!
Quote:
The replica should be solid and tight, sturdy enough to be handled without that feeling of extreme fragility. Not a static, hands off display model.

andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually the Offworld and also the RAC and the Hartford can all be field stripped. I would be carefull doing it to a Coyle because of how easy the resin can be stripped. I have taken my RAC and my Offworld apart more than once. Just whatever you do, don't lend me your watch Smile
IGNITERS
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: all metal..... Reply with quote

My vote would be for an all metal version as well ( though this is what I allready have ) but I agree that a version made with stiffer gage metal that can be stripped would be practical if modifing was in the plans...no cast in bolts and screw heads,even if the bolt/screw does nothing i want the option of design etc...and a kit that has different grip options would also be cool ( sidkit offers a black rubber grip that I may pick up for variation)
Yes correct parts would go without saying that if all parts were molded off original parts that would be great
OH and if the green lights worked ....even better
...and a holster....it should come with a holster
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: