FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Blade Runner Gear: Roof of the Yukon - Dusk

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Costumes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mitch Magnum PKD
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Blade Runner Gear: Roof of the Yukon - Dusk Reply with quote

Please note: This quick intro appears at the beginning of each of the threads I've begun on this topic.

Hi fellas,
Well, the time has come.
(Largely because I'm running out of time to get these photos posted and still make tonights late show of Star Trek)...
So, I'm going for broke and just posting a bunch of stuff while keeping my fingers crossed that the Mods don't kick me outta' here for overloading.
Tomorrow I'll come back a edit these threads with a few notes about some things I wanted to mention regarding a few of the photos... maybe there'll even be a few comments or questions from some of you that I can answer...but again, I'll have to leave that until tomorrow.
For now, let me just say that I hope you like these.
I'm REALLY happy with my Abbyshot Deckard V2 and thrilled with my Magnoli Deckard Blazer, Shirt & Tie.
Now, some of the photos are a bit dark and murky (but I love them because they're moody and I think they give the shot more atmosphere.)
I realize that some of us here who are fussier than others about certain details might be also be tempted to point out a few problems in the finer details of my outfit - for instance, I know my pants aren't quite Screen Accurate - but I like these duds... a lot. I'M happy with them and I think they do the job.
As I said before, my main goal here was to show my BR Gear and how they all interact with each other in different settings (and types of lighting).
I hope you enjoy these enough that they allow you to overcome your natural response in thinking "Alright, Mitch! ENOUGH photos, already! STOP!!!"
Hopefully they do.
All the Best,
Mitch

andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pics look great Mitch, and you do have a bit of HF in you.

I don't think Darknight meant for you to make separate threads, but to separate them into separate posts in one thread.

Andy
repdetect
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second Andy Mitch, you're a perfect Deckard !!! and your photos are great...congrats for the Deck's outfit ! Indy's shirt,tie and new blazer are really nice !!
The v2 trench from Abbyshot is awesome imho especially for the fabric which is the closest thing i see until now, compared with the hero coat imho.
I will add yours need to be wear a lot, under the rain i'd say !...to give it the perfect used look Smile

Here are some photos of the v2 trench after one year of intensive wear and dry clean...you already know them Mitch but i thought they are worth to be in a Deck's outfit thread !!!

The guy find the right light to take those shots, i thought at first sight it was the owner of the actual coat Smile ...anyway, i love the creased look of the fabric, even how the collar fall !!

Hope it's ok to post those shots, they are from this site

http://www.filmjackets.com/index.htm

Please feel free to remove them if there's a problem...
Mitch Magnum PKD
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your Abbyshot Deckard V2 is BEAUTIFUL repdetect (smirkingrevenge)!
I hope mine looks more like YOURS in another year (don't worry, I live in Nova Scotia... so it WILL get wet!)
I agree with you... In MY opinion the ABBYSHOT Trench Coat is the way to go! I LOVE the way this coat looks and feels!
Thanks for the kind words, my friend.
repdetect
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Mitch you're welcome !...but the coat isn't mine - i wish i own such a nice stuff !! - just found the cool pics on the site - no doubt that after several monthes of intensive wear you'll get the same result !! Smile

Phil
Mitch Magnum PKD
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh...Okay, gotcha!
I thought you WERE smirkingrevenge.
I... think I'm all caught up now...
Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Costumes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: