FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Offworld 2019
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Photech
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:58 pm    Post subject: Offworld 2019 Reply with quote

Hi All,

First I must say that I'm stoked that this site exhists. I got an Offworld from ebay back in 2007 and was pretty diapointed with it left it on the self until last week when I found this site. I think It's about time I started to break it down and rebuild it. I will post a work log of the rebuild when time permits. I think I've gone through just about all the post relating to this model and the others. Awsum keep up the good work.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome photech. I seem to remember a similar name on BladeZone. Are you one and the same?

Andy
Photech
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is possible I used to loiter around there a long time ago, thx for the welcome I'm looking forward to sharing my build.
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Photech...eager to see your build; you're in the right place for that project (and many more I hope)
photek
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmm. an interesting twist on an oldie but goodie. i'm still here guys ... primarily reduced to lurking (work is sucking the life out of me) but hoping to be more engaged this year...

welcome aboard Photech ... looking forward to seeing your build!
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

photek wrote:
hmmmm. an interesting twist on an oldie but goodie. i'm still here guys ... primarily reduced to lurking (work is sucking the life out of me) but hoping to be more engaged this year...

LOL Laughing Just a little name confusion, still not as bad as spinner44 and spinner44.com

Andy
Photech
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all for welcomes.
Bit of a funny story about my blaster, what follow is a bit of a long story and a bit of a vent , be warned, as I said I got it off ebay in the US I think back in 07. Kind of got caught up in it allways wanted one but could never afford it. I think I paid about USD$200.

I live in Australia and I knew it would get stopped at customs and opened but I didn't think they would hold it as a weapon. I didn't check before I paid for it. My fault. This happened in May.
So I speak to Customs and they say it's ok all I have to do is get a permit, Form 709B, from the cops to say it is not considered a weapon and a licence in not required, before they can release it to me. So I apply for this thing and 2 weeks later I get the permit in the mail.
I'm told by Customs to post the 709B and the seizure notice to an address in the city and once they have it they will return it to the postal system and i'll have it in a few days.

June comes around and still no blaster, I phone and talk to customes, they haven't gotten the letter yet, they say they will check the mail room of the building as it may have been misdirected to another office. The postal address I was told to send it to did not specify the name "Customs", just the name of the officer who sent the notice and the street address of what I'm told is a large building with many different Dept.s. They will check and get back to me.

I hear nothing for a further 2 weeks until I get another notice from Customs saying I have 2 weeks to provide the form 709B oor my package will be distroied. As you can imagine I'm pretty angry. I give them a call and they say not to worry they will hold the package while I get another permit from the cops.

So I call the cops and they say they cannot issue a new 709B form as the importation and sale of replica handguns is under political review due to a recent armed robbery using a Transformers Gun. LOL. These permits will no longer be issued and all current permts are void. and there is no date for the review to be held.

I tell the cop that I was issued a permit about 2 months ago and could they not just make a copy for me. He says No. I say your not being very helpful. He says thats my job. I bite my tongue. He gives me a his opinion of people buying items on ebay without checking the laws and I tell him to hold on the line for a second and hang up.

So after I finish being angry, I call customs they say with out the form 709b I can't have the blaster, I say I got one but you guys lost it and I can't get another. They say then the blaster goes in the bin ( @ the guys house probably) or I can reexport it to the sender and hope for a refund.

I contact the post office and they cannot help me locate the letter unless it was registered. They find it doubtful that the letter will be returned to sender after this peroid of time.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Basicly the money didn't matter a refund would be nice but I wanted my blaster.
Customs extend my termination date as I will now have to re- export the item. I have to contact the Dept. of Defence to get a export licence, this is getting beyond a joke now. I had to provide detailed specs of the weapon this was funny and DoD also viewed it that way. They said that it did not qualify as a weapon so the expot licence was not required.

So it is now July and customs are processing my re export, I contact Offworld and explain the saga and they are happy to give a refund when they recieve the blaster back. So after months of hassel I start to see a light at the end of the tunnel at least I will get my cash back.

August. Out of the blue I get this dirty crumbled letter in the mail with a return to sender on it, I was about to rip it up as I was told it would out of date now void, but decide to open it.
The permit still hasn't expired according to the date on the form. maybe a mistake at customs end.
I can't help myself and I email customs to say the letter has been returned to me with the unexpired form 709B still inside, just to say I told you so, that I did post it and you guys lost it at your end and the permit is in date.

To my suprise I get an answer to say simply fax the form 709b to us and we will send you your package. So I do just that. I check the cops and they are still not issuing the permits. They mustn't talk to each other. Ha.

So then I get it. what a saga. After all that hassel I'm sorry to say that I was disapointed with it. I handled it for a bit then put it on my self and that is where it has sat. I knew one day I would enhance it. 2 years later now is the time...
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Shocked That's should have been placed in the Pit...but besides that, I think that a few members here can tell you horror stories about customs the post office and the robots working there Rolling Eyes
Now is the time to finally work on that Blaster and pour all that frustration into something that you"ll be proud of.
Photech
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've started the strip down and the horrid task of paint stripping.
Steel wool seems to be the least harsh. also gives it a bit of a grain effect. The metal part will be soda blasted, blued and aged. I have found extra LED's for the base of the clip and sight.
Plus the LED clips as the Hero item has. Pretty sure I know where to get the white switch also. I will rewire the PCB to add the 5mm LED and new switch. The sanding of the barrel and cylinder produced a nice effect, could almost let it stay.

Going to try and replace as much plastic with metal as I can. I have found a few different thumb screws with which I might replace the 2 knobs on he side. Still deciding on these, will have to see how the break down.

Would like to make a metal butt for it and also add lead shot to the handle to balance the wieght. Would love a real cylinder but I fear access to one in Australia will be hard. Anyone got a spare?

I will add more pic as I get into the different stages.
Thanks again for all the welcomes.

Photech
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait to see what you do with this. I still have yet to start mine that I want to modify.

Andy
Staar
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mate --

I'm thrilled to hear you got your blaster and the pain you went through to get it made for interesting reading!

I'm seriously considering acquiring a metal blaster and since I'm also Aus based, this has given me food for thought.

Cheers for the head's up and I look forward to seeing how your beautiful piece turns out...

Photech
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Staar,

YOu might want to check to see if they are still allowing impors of replica guns before you buy. Call the police weapons liceincing branch in you state to confirm. I to would love an all metal unit but the cost and hassel of getting it in might to to much.

Good luck
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just under a year ago boys, Sid sent me an all metal blaster in two boxes
and they arrived without a hassle, did some research before hand and was told that if an item is seized by customs you will be notified
and given two weeks to prove it is not a hazard or dangerous item. That was the set up in the big V
Staar
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much gentlemen!!

I had already looked into the 'two box' scenario - which seems to be the logical way to go.

Another option I have open is to do the deal through an existing weapons dealer. That way the entire transaction can be more straightforward...

cheers mates! Very Happy
Photech
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know if I can use a real cylinder in this?

If so what gun, from all the posts I've read seems like a .38 is the go.
Does it have to be a charter?

Any help on this would be um .... helpful Wink
hirohawa
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charter arms .38 cylinder works well. Becomes harder to eject the cylinder though.
Photech
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update.

Have made a few new alloy parts.
Trigger guard
Butt (slightly thicker than standard)
Grip frame

Rough at the moment so I will filing my butt off for the next month.
Then comes the polishing, lots of polishing.

Will also try and mill up an alloy bolt.

I have searched through my thumb screw collection and found a few contenders for the non weaver and the other knob. Still thinking about those.

Before

After

mmmmm screws

Thanlks for watching.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good man, I can't wait to see more.

Andy
Gaff87
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
Looking good man, I can't wait to see more.

Andy

I'll second that.
Looking good.
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serious sh*t going on here Shocked . Very good way to tease us
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: