FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Sidkit Worldcon blaster maybe for sale...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
clarkbradshaw
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Sidkit Worldcon blaster maybe for sale... Reply with quote

I am looking into selling my unbuilt Sidkit Worldcon blaster due to some financial issues. I have not done anything to it except to attach the grips and handle to get a look at it together. I've had it since November sitting in a box on a shelf waiting for this Summer to put it together. Now I may not be able to keep it.

It pains me to even think about selling it, but I need to take care of some family issues and that has to come before my love of props.

Any suggestions about selling it? What is a fair price? I don't really want to go through e-bay due to the auctions getting pulled, besides I think most of the people interested would be here anyway.

I also have a metal Mal's Firefly pistol from Sidkit that i may need to sell as well.

Thanks,

Clark Bradshaw
Staar
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Sidkit Worldcon blaster maybe for sale... Reply with quote

clarkbradshaw wrote:
I am looking into selling my unbuilt Sidkit Worldcon blaster due to some financial issues. I have not done anything to it except to attach the grips and handle to get a look at it together. I've had it since November sitting in a box on a shelf waiting for this Summer to put it together. Now I may not be able to keep it.

It pains me to even think about selling it, but I need to take care of some family issues and that has to come before my love of props.

Any suggestions about selling it? What is a fair price? I don't really want to go through e-bay due to the auctions getting pulled, besides I think most of the people interested would be here anyway.

I also have a metal Mal's Firefly pistol from Sidkit that i may need to sell as well.

Thanks,

Clark Bradshaw

I'm very sorry to hear of your family issues. I sincerely hope things work out for you.

Could you let me know if this is a metal Sid?
If so then I'm interested....
superjedi
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Staar,
I believe all Sid's blaster kits were metal.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

His first kits were mostly resin with metal parts, but all of his "Worldcon" hero style kits are metal.

Andy
Mark Sheppard
Community Member

Location: In my office playing golf, pouring drinks, making deals.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be interested, i have no idea what a price would be, but count me as open to a price. What do you mean by ebay "pulling auctions"? is that cancelleng? why would they do that? I just watched "my other favorite movie" again tonight, and wow that blaster is cool.... the entire movie actually
Staar
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
His first kits were mostly resin with metal parts, but all of his "Worldcon" hero style kits are metal.

Andy

Cheers gentlemen!

I had assumed that Sid continued to produce his resin replica's alongside the metal blasters - right through to the Sidkit.

Obviously this means that I'm especially interested.
clarkbradshaw
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is all metal, except for the grips and the dummy cartridges. I have heard of several auctions getting pulled because you can't sell firearms (or maybe is's even just replica firearms) on e-bay. I think a few sneak under the radar with clever wording but I really don't want to pay the e-bay fee only to have them pull the listing.

I'm trying to find Sid's production number on it but I can't remember where he stamped them. Any help?

Clark
Staar
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

clarkbradshaw wrote:
It is all metal, except for the grips and the dummy cartridges. I have heard of several auctions getting pulled because you can't sell firearms (or maybe is's even just replica firearms) on e-bay. I think a few sneak under the radar with clever wording but I really don't want to pay the e-bay fee only to have them pull the listing.

I'm trying to find Sid's production number on it but I can't remember where he stamped them. Any help?

Clark

Selling it thru here you avoid the usual e-bay worries - you can work directly with the purchaser. I suspect all you will need is Paypal.

I'm sure the Mods will jump in if I have got this wrong.

Sorry, I don't know where the serial number is and for me it won't matter. The only thing I need to sort out my side (aside from your price) is to try and see if I can streamline getting it into Australia. If I'm able to get that sorted and you are happy to let me acquire it then I would need you to get it posted here - I would pay the costs.

A few pix would also be nice....

Cheers mate
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No production # that I know of on the Worldcon/Hero versions. Only on the earlier metal Kit IIRC.

Andy
clarkbradshaw
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll try to post some pics this evening. I'll have to look back at my records to see how much I paid for it. I ordered the Worldcon and the Firefly Mal's pistol at the same time.

A friend suggested listing it here 'auction style.' He suggested allowing people to send me their bids in private messages and I'll post the highest bid (without the name) here. If it stands as the highest for 3 days that person gets it. Does this sound fair?

Clark
clarkbradshaw
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have taken the pictures but haven't had a chance to load them on the computer. I'll get them loaded and posted in the morning.

Clark
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few clarifications, the new Sidkit worldcons produced by Michele in Italy are mostly resin like Sid's earlier kits.

Ebay has also pulled auctions they felt did not follow rules on how to list replica firearms, that can either be real firearms or be confused as real firearms. Many state and country laws prohibit different types of replica firearms as well. The permanent orange plug is something that ebay requires, but most sellers have bypassed the rule with impermanent orange plugs or even photoshop ones.

Metal part prop guns have raised red flags in the past because they fear they can be made into working firearms. This is why Toyrez may have had his auctions pulled in the past

Andy
hirohawa
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's crazy is a SD Pulse Rifle just sold on ebay with a real deactivated Shotgun and numerous other real firearm parts - all of which where listed in the auction. I thought for sure that one was getting yanked. There is no rhyme or reason to how they pull stuff.

Last edited by hirohawa on Tue May 26, 2009 1:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Staar
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
A few clarifications, the new Sidkit worldcons produced by Michele in Italy are mostly resin like Sid's earlier kits.

Ebay has also pulled auctions they felt did not follow rules on how to list replica firearms, that can either be real firearms or be confused as real firearms. Many state and country laws prohibit different types of replica firearms as well. The permanent orange plug is something that ebay requires, but most sellers have bypassed the rule with impermanent orange plugs or even photoshop ones.

Metal part prop guns have raised red flags in the past because they fear they can be made into working firearms. This is why Toyrez may have had his auctions pulled in the past

Andy

If I'm not mistaken, Michele also has the sale of Sid's Resin WorldCon blasters here: http://www.ioffer.com/i/Blade-Runner-Worldcon-Blaster-Gun-Prop-Movie-Kit-Watch-102066839

I'm not sure it is him, but the kits seems to be correct. Going by the purchases listed the seller seems to have plenty of stock.

Either way, I'm still interested in the Sid listed in this thread. I just need to figure a way of getting it to Australia ....
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sid would always ship it in separate boxes. The main gun parts unassembled and in separate boxes. He would also put the grips on the bulldog without the barrel to make it look more fantasy looking as a single unit. In essence they never looked like a complete gun in any of the boxes.

Andy
clarkbradshaw
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a few shots of the blaster and all its parts.

I have several PM from interested people as well. I think I paid about $450 for it. Does this sound right? I can't find my records for how much it was.

Clark

edited to fix the tags. dk0667
Nexus6
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clarkbradshaw wrote:

I have several PM from interested people as well. I think I paid about $450 for it. Does this sound right? I can't find my records for how much it was.

Clark

oldzey
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

clarkbradshaw wrote:

Clark

If I remember correctly, the all-metal Sidkit Worldcon blaster kit originally sold for $369.00, not including shipping from Italy.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link to way back machine link to Sikit for the all metal blaster, just before the Worlcon one came out...
http://web.archive.org/web/20071224142254/www.sidkit.com/bmetal/brmetal.htm

Andy
clarkbradshaw
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link. I finally dug through my old bank statements and found I had paid Sidero $622 for both the Worldcon and the Firefly pistol. So, yes, the Worldcon was probably around $370.

Clark
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Prop Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: