FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Who wears the pants around here?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Costumes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whitefall
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:12 am    Post subject: Who wears the pants around here? Reply with quote

You do. Or, at least you can for 8 grand. Sebastian's pants, to be specific.

http://www.propstore.com/list/cat_id/8/pos/0/num_display/15/view/0/ob/itm/movs/227
Jedirick
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, Just can't get excited about Sebastian's pants. Odd costume parts just aren't on my shopping list. Maybe Sean Young's panties but other than that...Very Happy
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn it Ben!!! I thought you might have been talking to my wife Embarassed

I have to agree with Rick that I cannot get to excited by the pants, but it is a little humorous that they still have the Japanese Replica Deckard Police ID up there!
spinner44.com
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's even less exciting is the cheap laminated "Japanese" ID card that is for sale right below the pant listing from the link provided. $309.00, now that's funny. Looks like a Steinschneider to boot.

Are they serious?
bbabich
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cant agree more with you Rick on the costumes.

As for that ID, either way, what a joke.

-Bryan
eltee
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bbabich wrote:
As for that ID, either way, what a joke.

-Bryan

Not that "Made in Japan" (translation: Provenance cannot be verified, adds to mystique, we all know the Japanese get all the good stuff) line again ... Rolling Eyes
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like they're having a hell of a time trying to move that $14,000 kit bashed falcon too. And who in their right mind is going to pay that much for old dirty wire harnesses? Shocked Talk about a hard time proving provenance!!
Jedirick
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say the Falcon comes closer to proper value than anything else offered. It has an extremely interesting historical background and is one of the larger scale 5 ft. models .
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quite a bit of mark up from the profiles in history auction
IGNITERS
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: what... Reply with quote

they marked it up that much?
They must think that's the only pair of pants in History....! lol
well some fat cat with deep pockets and good taste may pay there extortion but its about everything over 50 bucks past what I would pay...
Good luck to them ...
did ya see the piece of scenery on Ebay right now ,THATS kinda cool!...check it out
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last PIH auction had some really cool BR pieces. This time there isn't anything other than the hade's landscape piece. Some of the stuff from the last auction went for some pretty affordable $. I wish I had $ for the police outfit at that point too. On a similar note, I have seen some authentic BR stuff sell on Ebay for absolute steals including crew satin jackets selling for $30. If I had done more of my homework ahead of time I would have hopefully picked one of those up cheap. I have seen some replicas though. I also just missed getting an origional script for about the same but my cynicism got in the way.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that several of the displays props at the Seattle Sci-Fi Museum were up for auction in that PIH auction. Does anybody know if they are no longer on display there? I am wondering what this could mean?

Racheal's Dress was up for auction and so was this police armour...along with sebastions overalls, they were shown at the Museum in the past year. Interesting???? Maybe we can reproduce the Voight Kampff interrogation manual as a paper prop?
Jedirick
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy, I see you swiped the image of the manula off the auction page just like I did! Atta Boy! Laughing Laughing
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

of course I did...all part of the research Wink
Jedirick
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the feeling if one were to look at each of our Blade Runner image files, they would look like we backed up each other's hard drives! Laughing
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have almost 5gb of BR image files (mostly low res) and 2gb Blade Runner music files. Not including any movies. I have also trimmed out overly redundant stuff. I lost a lot from my old computer I am hoping to recover. As is, I need to back up what I have here. I do find it pretty cool that so many others here have been doing the same thing. If you can't afford the stuff at least collect the info. Now That I have it pretty much organized it is a pretty good database. That is how the Blaster Timeline project started.

Hopefully Nick will start a new BR "web of props" research thread like he did at the RPF.
Jedirick
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben hoping Nick would get the chance to update that thread. We can now archive images provided we can catch them before WC or other hosts dump them. There are a number of guys at the RPF that could contribute aditional research material if we can get the thread revitalized.

Guy Raz really put a damper on those threads. be nice to see participation back. We were on a roll.
IGNITERS
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:11 pm    Post subject: threads hold fabric together..... Reply with quote

yes so somebody start a web of props here...,and so there isn't 17 pages of "thats cool" comments ,myself included,posters should keep on topic ,and be able to put up bigger image files,huh?
Well thats my 2 bits.....
nickdaring
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This entire board is one big BR: Web of Props as far as I'm concerned.

When I first started that thread there was absolutely NO talk about BR props going on other than the occasional BR blaster arguements. At the time there wasn't enough interest to keep multiple BR related threads alive. Times sure do change Smile

I think the coolest thing that happened while I worked on ESPER research was seeing how different items were reused in different ways in different ways throughout the production process. Hence the change of the title and focus of the thread from "ESPER project" to "BR- Web of Props".When I first saw the VK at the base of the Hero ESPER I almost soiled my drawers! I couldn't believe I didn't see that right away. I was also hoping to rangle in some interest for BR props by having a thread that covered so many subjects.

I'll try and start posting some of that info over here so it can be properly organised and better worded. Alot of the posts are very clunky now that I look back on them.

I still want to build the ESPER replica but I keep waiting for the new DVD to be released before making any final decisions. Every little piece of reference has helped immensely and I hope there will be a few more clues on the new DVD. I still have un answered questions concerning the prop.

Also there is a VK project in the works by another member and since the VK was used to create the Hero ESPER, I would like the two models to work together as best possible.

It's great to see a great assemblage of dedicated hardcore BR fans coming together on this board. SHould make for some cool future revelations and projects! I've got some cool stuff that I want to try out and you guys will be the first to find out about it!

Nick

ps- I shouldn't be having anymore problems with images falling off WC since I've started hosting the images myself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Costumes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: