FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Good deal on cinefex 9 Don Shay book

View previous topic :: View next topic  
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Good deal on cinefex 9 Don Shay book Reply with quote

a few left with Buy it now. I can't vouch for the seller though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300346819142&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNAFP:US:1123

Andy
Staar
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deal on cinefex 9 Don Shay book Reply with quote

andy wrote:
a few left with Buy it now. I can't vouch for the seller though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300346819142&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNAFP:US:1123

Andy

Don Shay is a good friend of mine and in my opinion this book is a MUST for the serious BR collector...

Go gettit!

jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I've seen it in my daily ebay research but... I have two copies yet... not seen the price!!!! Total bargain! So... all taken! I'm building a very tiny store for my spare copies... I think this book is overpriced more than necessary at times. I will offer it together with other nice items in a very few weeks.

Three days after your advice 5 books are still available... Cannot resist! Smile

(and at last I will OPEN one of them! mines are still wrapped!)
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joan,

Hopefully I read your post wrong, but that isn't very nice to buy them all and offer them up again for sale here. I posted them so members here could get a good price on it for themselves. Acting like a ticket scalper will make enemies instead of friends here. It will also make me think twice about sharing info on the board at all. You are profiteering off of my good will and it makes me feel pretty bad about ever sharing that info here anymore. I am sure nobody wants me to stop doing that.

I have no problem with you making money off of stuff YOU find off of the web, but please don't use MY work and good will to make money here. It undermines what this board is about.

Andy
jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
Joan,

Hopefully I read your post wrong, but that isn't very nice to buy them all and offer them up again for sale here. I posted them so members here could get a good price on it for themselves. Acting like a ticket scalper will make enemies instead of friends here. It will also make me think twice about sharing info on the board at all. You are profiteering off of my good will and it makes me feel pretty bad about ever sharing that info here anymore. I am sure nobody wants me to stop doing that.

I have no problem with you making money off of stuff YOU find off of the web, but please don't use MY work and good will to make money here. It undermines what this board is about.

Andy

Ouch! I don't expressed my real goal for this item (and others). I apologize for that. Not. My goal is not make money *here*, you can't see any offer made in this forum from me, except the book project (when done, I'm not really sure when....) Andy, I'm very sorry if the feelings has been like you expressed in your post.

I really LOVE this forum and people inside. In this particular case I bought the complete lot to avoid the speculation done with this book for years. I've payed more than $100 for one of them, and some less money for my second copy. Thus, to get these copies at this prices was a real nice choice, I think. This way I ensured a very low price for each copy (despite high shipping costs seller wanna charge, another history....). In fact, this seller has some other nice pieces about BR (like Michael Deeley book in hardcover version) and so on.

I understand it's very difficult to understand my action. Yeah. I could do it and no say nothing here. But I done it and said it! I don't wanna to be taken wrong. As I said, the offer was in front of my eyes, like all Blade Runner related items are everyday, as I have several saved searches active at ebay in daily basis. Luckily you opened my eyes about this particular one, I passed away due I have two copies of the book. I haven't paid attention to the PRICE, incredible... Another lot offered by other seller, 5 copies of Marvel Comic issue 1 has been in the same situation just today.... I bought it for only $1 !!! But... this is wrong? Bad attitude? mmmm, hidding myself could be the wrong way, IMHO. But I understand your position.

I'm still dealing with the vendors, so, I cannot offer NOTHING here or there. My next project of shop online will be a very very very tiny one... perhaps a private one at last. I prefer to do outside here but ever offering the choice to all the nice people here. I think this is not a wrong way to do things. But... we are talking about a particular case.

This book will be offered at the very real cost (or final sale price at ebay) for any of the people interested here. Another choice, like other spare copies I have in my shelves (5 Blade Runner portfolios, for example), could be a gift for book contributors, I don't know. But... not all the people is a contributor, so, I will offer all these items (outside here, ever) if any are interested.

The point is not the book, I know. The point is to take your work and efforts and make a profit, anyone. My apologies, my goal wasn't never to do such thing. I appreciate your work a lot and I want you continue in the same line, for yourslef and the forum. My fault cannot produce a negative behaviour in the forum. So, I'll do what you think are Ok to repair it. This is not a business for me, only a great hobby for now.

I am really disappointed by have caused this situation.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realize you meant no harm, but you might need help for your OCD Wink

Andy
jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
I realize you meant no harm, but you might need help for your OCD Wink

Andy

Thanks Andy! And you are right, my OCD is a real matter.

Well, while looking for help for my disorder, I wanna share some info about this book and where get it cheaper:

Abebooks.com

Search for: 9781840232103 ISBN number and order the results by price + shipping to your location.

Prices starts at very low ranges. In my case, from $13.00 and up + shipping. The ebay vendor offered the book at $13.48 + shipping NOT COMBINED, so you must pay al least $8.00 for S&H for each book (in my case, more).

Let me know if this is better for you, interested in the book. Some booksellers in Abebooks have more than 20 copies right now....

My two cents... Smile
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering the negative feedback the ebay seller has, you may have saved members here some grief. Hopefully you will end up getting some of these at least.

Andy
jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
Considering the negative feedback the ebay seller has, you may have saved members here some grief. Hopefully you will end up getting some of these at least.

Andy

I wrote three times to it this week. No response. Well... if no response was given, I will decline to pay a penny for the books and let things happen. I have a 100% positive feedback now (832) and a negative one will be a real hurt for me (I have some business at ebay) but... if seller have this bad attitude... Well, let's see what happend.

Is not the first time I found a good choice at ebay for books about BR or Dick itself, and first I check Abebooks site. In the 99% of cases is better Abebooks. Never failed till now.

Joan
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Links All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: