FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Blaster rounds

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mspaw
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:11 am    Post subject: Blaster rounds Reply with quote

Ok heres one that’s a bit out there. I’m interested in getting some dummy rounds made for a blaster. I’m thinking that I should be able to approach a good gun shop and find out if some can be made sans powder/charge. Wondering if there is a consensus on what I should be asking for...

Any thoughts?

Thanks

-Michael
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on which version you are looking to put ammo in?
eltee
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The real CA Bulldog used in the BR blaster is chambered for .44 "Special" rounds. Many times people have used .44 Remington Magnum casings in their blasters, but this is technically in error although it is probably easier to find .44 Magnum casing or rounds.

That said, the particular model you have may or may not even fit any .44 casing without modification. My Coyle models fit .44 special and magnum cases (same diameter) fine.

I may do a run of .44 special rounds with a dummy primer and a projectile that is hollow pointed all the way, so the round is seen brom behind it looks real (no hole where the primer should be) but from the front with a light one can see that there is no powder.
IGNITERS
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: rounds... Reply with quote

I went to a local gun shop with the round bullet holder thingy and just asked what would fit ...I purchased some cases and some end pieces,then I went home sanded the round on the end pieces a little and knocked em in with a hammer,the ends got a little flatter but ...they are hollow safe and look authentic,though they dont look like raygun ammo...hahahaha
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what about the offworld gun. I believe 357 hollow points may work on that. Anybody here try yet? I hear 38 specials are a little too fat.
eltee
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diameter wise, .38 special and .357 magnum are the same. The case length is where the idfference is. On real guns, you can shoot .38 ammo out of a .357 magnum, but not vice-versa.
airhead
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new RAC CS&T comes with five dummy rounds - new brass casses with non-hollowpoint lead projectiles. The cases are Smith & Wesson 44 Specials. They do not have dummy primers. Rich does try to be accurate, and he bases his model on a real Bulldog.

The OffWorld Model 2019 cylinder looks to be around 0.378" id and around 0.508" long. The markings indicate "10 mm Caseless" and the id looks a shade under at around 9.6 mm. Actually, a 9 mm parabellum round fits partway in (they are tapered cases). Plus, the holes are not all exactly the same size, so you'd have to do a little fitting to get five rounds to fit.

The SidKit cylinder takes the 44's but is 0.05" longer than the CS&T. It also needs a little reaming to make everthing fit properly.

I'm not sure about the Rick Ross models, I can't get the cylinder to swing out. Oh yeah, they're solid resin Rolling Eyes

airhead
mspaw
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Thanks for all the info. looks like i should be able to get something made up without too much of an issue. Next i need to find a good gun shop.

-Michael
mspaw
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: dummy rounds Reply with quote

So… I now have 36 S&W 44 special full hollow point dummy rounds san powder and primers. Ill be turning up on the lathe dummy primers tomorrow or so. If any one is interested please pm me. They look great!

Thanks again for all the insight.

-Michael
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: