FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Bowling shot glass set! Whoot!

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sethb6025
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Bowling shot glass set! Whoot! Reply with quote

The primary interest for us in this is the blue ringed shot glass, but when I started looking for one last year I fell in love with the set it came from. I won this one a few minutes ago. Special thanks to Andy for the lead!
I plan on re-finishing the ball with a red lacquer to match our bar/hutch in the dining room that has a cherry motif. Also I'll be replacing the little bowling dude with a small handle of some kind (suggestions?). Then I just need to fill it up with some Scotch and I'll be good to go! Very Happy
darkknight0667
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet price, too! Very nice catch, Seth.
Jedirick
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw that a few days back and noted you'd marked your territory! Very Happy Congrats!

I usually will bid on something just to get my ID recorded and then do a snipe software. If I see a recognizible prop collector ID I'll not bid. BUT idf somebody bids after i've set my snipe program and i out bid you, don't blame me. Most the time I don't go back and check the item again until the auction is over.

How about replacing the knob with a small pewter owl? I saw some on ebay when I was looking for taxidermy owls that i considered for a lamp shade finial for a Blade Runneresque lamp I was considering. You'd have to drill it out and secure a threaded rod or screw or GOOP it on there but it'd fit the scheme.
sethb6025
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting thought, I'm going to check out one of the local materials reclamation stores (they sell parts of dismantled houses, etc) and see if I can find any unique early 20th century hardware.
My wife said I should make handle shaped like a stem. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: