FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Interest thread - Replicant Files & Deckard's Personnel
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whitefall
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:26 am    Post subject: Interest thread - Replicant Files & Deckard's Personnel Reply with quote

Hi all,

I've received a couple of questions about the Replicant Dossier and Deckard Personnel File projects I had done in the past. I haven't made them available as digital prop packs (as I had with some other stuff) becuase I intended to get back to making them someday. It's pretty clear now that I don't think I will.

So...

My question is, is there any interest in the digital versions of these props? They're pretty extensive. And what do you think would be a fair price?

The Replicant Dossier is what I imagined Deckard receiving from Bryant upon taking the case, and the Deckard Peronnel file contains info about Deckard, his kills, and a file on each of the recently retired Nexus 6's.

-----
REPLICANT BRIEFING PACK
-----

-----
DECKARD PERSONNEL FILE
-----

- Ben
ironfist
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O.K. I'll say it first. LOL! Price is everything! LOL!
Hoggydo
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I am interested! Is there no possibilty of you considering doing a production run again? Or is this definitely only going to be a digital prop?

Regards

Paul.
Whitefall
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't think there's much possability of me doing any more runs - I just can't seem to find the time, so I think all-digital may be the way to go.

As for price, I'm interested to find out what people feel would be reasonable...
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's your masterpiece Ben. I would certainly be interested DOP. Could you break down the Dossier into sections so we could purchase what we want most, and also be able to pay for the whole thing in installments?

Thank you very much again,
Andy
ironfist
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So are you saying that you would sell all this on a cd, and the buyers could just go print there copie off? I can see this leading to 100 ebay auctions right now. I think your best bet would be to find one person to buy this from you or work out a percentage deal on sales.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has been selling off his files for the other stuff he made already and surprisingly, I have not seen any ebay auctions from them.

Andy
Hoggydo
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok Guys........I am keen to get this moving! I'm not trying to 'pass the buck', but there are more knowledgable people on here who can suggest an opening price...........over to you Andy? Smile
ironfist
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the hell does that mean?
Hoggydo
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not difficult! it means someone open the offer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Photech
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think digital is the way to go.

Last edited by Photech on Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Whitefall
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

I was recently contacted by John Bullock (I believe he is member here) who expressed interest in producing the finished versions. For context, I believe he's working with Richard Coyle to distribute the Worldcon blaster in the UK & Europe.

I'll be talking to him to see if there will be issues if anyone wants digital-only copies. How does that sound to everyone?

- Ben
jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ben!

Well, a digital version will be nice to sahre, distribute and print (if anyone wanna a print copy, perhaps not). But if you have an offer to work with someone as J. Bullock to produce it as printed material and so, it's fine too! I think this may be a double offer. Printed one, with high quality printing, paper and so on, for a price covering production costs and your excellent work (perhaps in the range of 75-100$, I don't know), and the digital one, for a price range of 35-75$ (starting with the only opening price wrote till now!), and printing quality will be the choice of each one.

Anyway, you know, this set is VERY interesting from my point of view.... as ever! Very Happy

PM sent.
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben,

Awesome stuff as always. While I cannot give great input to an exact price I can offer that a digital version, in my opinion, holds more weight over a printed version.

With digital, you can make as many copies as you want, you risk people giving it away for free, and worse, it ends up on ebay.

If you sold the paper versions of this for $25, I would sell the digital for $50. The prices I used are just imaginery to get my point across.

I know this may counter what people think, but looking at the long term, a digital copy has more value for those who own it because you can create as many copies as you like.

Otherwise, I am interested

Tom
Bassnoir
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

....I have an interest in either paper or digital....I PREFER paper...something about...PRODUCT and the physical effort by someone who cares enough to DO THE WORK and goes to all the trouble to create package solicit and ship.....with the full realization that PAPER is antiquated and going the way of the dinosaur I still love the idea of opening a package and discovering....you get my drift.....
David
Whitefall
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bassnoir - I agree with you completely - in my case, it's just a matter of not having the time to assemble them.

The way I originally built and packaged them, they were sealed in several places so you had to actually break the seals to get to the material - the idea being you could sit down and imagine actually going through the restricted files. (They also included handwritten notes, applied blood stains on some of the material taken from one of the retired replicants, etc).

In fact, the Deckard personnel file even included a special "eyes only" envelope (sealed to the inside back of the file) that wasn't in the description. If you wanted to know what was in it, you had to tear it open...

- Ben
Bassnoir
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Ben...that being said I WANT the paper product even more....digital....not so much.....and thanks for making my case.....
steevy
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be interested in the paper prop for sure.Maybe the digital.
propsjonnyb
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:19 am    Post subject: Replicant Dossier and Deckard's Personnel File Reply with quote

I'm please to announce that I have reach an agreement with Whitefall to take over production and sale of these items, and am in the process of securing adequate supply of the various items that go into each.

They will be offered as Whitefall envisioned, as 'real' documents in that certain items will be sealed shut, requiring the reader to 'break' the seal in order to get at the contents. Also they will be produced using different types of high quality paper stock and all photos will be high definition, also printed on high quality photostock , Whitfall has included a photo montage of what's included, the price for each file is $150 (UK £95) international post & packing FREE , both bought together $ 250 (UK £150) and if you buy the second at a later date $125 (UK £75) , again all shipping and packaging FREE Orders welcome I expect to be shipping these by the 1st of December or earler if possible. I will be posting an add in the Prop Store as well
ironfist
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see someone has taken this project on. However it also seems to now be WAY out of my price range. Which of course sucks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: