FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Bring Rich Coyle (Racprops) back? A poll for the community.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should Rich Coyle (Racprops) be unbanned?
Bring him back, undo his ban.
 61%  [ 37 ]
Keep him banned.
 38%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 60

SKIN JOB 66
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totaly agree with Oldzey, Joberg, Eltee & Amish and that's why I voted for Rich's come-back. (but I also understand those who are against it)

Fred

Last edited by SKIN JOB 66 on Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:11 am; edited 2 times in total
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the first step is to have discourse on the issue, and I would hope everybody go to the past threads to see for yourselves what Rich has said, and not just take someones personal viewpoint on it here. It might even be suggested that we all take our time to read back, as well even listen to everybody before voting on it (even though it is too late for most). I personally have mixed feelings about this and will not vote anyway as to remain impartial as a mod. I do kind of wish there was a third option of "no opinion", or "maybe", because I can not see the poll without voting.

I will say though that Rich has shown great restraint recently on the RPF on the same subjects, much more than he has before anyway. He also did share an incredible amount of information with me for my Blaster History project, and we had some pretty good talks until the issues started here. He is an obsessive compulsive, and very passionate geek for sure. And yes, he can be paranoid and disruptive. In the end it is the Forum members that will benefit or lose from this so it is all up to you.

Andy
BeastMaster
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think banning him was a bit harsh. I've had my ups and downs with rich but I've always respected his opinions and presence on the board. The thing is would he want to come back?
ironfist
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've read the threads, but still voted to bring him back. He can always be banned again. I do think maybe something else should fall in to play. Like this is your one and only second chance.
Bassnoir
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...what Beastmaster said.......am curious if Richard has shown an interest in coming back?....his wanting to come back may be more of an issue than Propsummit members concern one way or the other....I'm just sayin.......
...thanks for stating the obvious Beastmaster...I for one feel silly NOT having asked that very question.....
darkknight0667
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need to feel silly. The four of us asked the same question amongst ourselves when we were discussing what to do and we didn't have an answer to it either. In the end, we decided to see if the membership would welcome him back before approaching Rich. We felt that approaching you all (the active membership) first made more sense.
eltee
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy, et al. If it is decided to invite Rich back, I would be happy to help facilitate that if you would like. I've known Rich since the 80's, so we go way back.
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Truth be told, I am not in support of his returning. I wish I could remain impartial, but I want to be honest about my feelings here. Hopefully I can express that without controversy.

I have not voted, and will not, because it's very important to me that the board has it's say on this subject and that we listen to that and follow through on that, regardless of our personal views.

Having an open board wide vote on this subject seemed like the right thing to do as a reversal of his ban has come up often.

I do ask though that we only do this once. If we invite him back, he says yes and returns, and then in 3 months we're struggling with his presence again . . . I think the door should close all the way, and for good.

And, Ham Salad got plenty of other folks riled up who didn't end up banned.
kurtyboy
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, let's bring him back ONLY if he offers individual metal parts LOL!
temponaut
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
I can not see the poll without voting.

You don't see a "View Results" button under the "Submit Vote" button? Are mods blocked from seeing this? I was able to see the current results without casting a vote myself.

For your information, with 45 votes cast as of this writing, the numbers are pretty evenly split: 25 members (55% of respondents) have voted to rescind the ban, while 20 members (44%) have voted to maintain it.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope I guess I missed that as a button. Doh! Embarassed Thanks for pointing it out.

Andy
temponaut
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome!
QuasiOdo
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted to let him back on.
I'd venture to say he's been around props longer than most most people around here have been alive.
He's actually worked in the industry, and is nobody's fool.
He deserves more than a little respect, and as long as he isn't provoked, everything should be fine.
Just my 2 cents.
eltee
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QuasiOdo wrote:
He's actually worked in the industry, and is nobody's fool.
He deserves more than a little respect, and as long as he isn't provoked, everything should be fine.
Just my 2 cents.

Yes, provoking another member should be also considered against forum rules. Rich may be one of those with "buttons" that are easily pushed, so hopefully nobody will deliberately do that to initiate a meltdown...
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets be respectful of other members opinions on the subject in this poll thread.

I've split the heated posts into a thread in the pit.
eltee
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noeland wrote:
Truth be told, I am not in support of his returning. I wish I could remain impartial, but I want to be honest about my feelings here. Hopefully I can express that without controversy.

I have not voted, and will not, because it's very important to me that the board has it's say on this subject and that we listen to that and follow through on that, regardless of our personal views.

Having an open board wide vote on this subject seemed like the right thing to do as a reversal of his ban has come up often.

I do ask though that we only do this once. If we invite him back, he says yes and returns, and then in 3 months we're struggling with his presence again . . . I think the door should close all the way, and for good.

And, Ham Salad got plenty of other folks riled up who didn't end up banned.

You may have recused yourself from voting, but your post speaks volumes. Ok, so now I've been keyboard kommando'd by a low post count member and admonished by an admin. I've been namecalled, etc.

If you all want to turn this into another RPF so be it. I tried to stick up for someone I personally know, most people would do the same. Check out the PIT where this battle has been banished to.

Analysis Paralysis has struck. Coyle, without even being here, has started a small s***storm. Shoulda' been simple if the site wanted to keep it democratic. Vote, Count, In or Out. Screw up again, face the mods.

I've said my peace.
Roy
Banned!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said.
We can at the very least agree to disagree.
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a personal thing. I just feel that once someone is banned, they should stay banned.

But it is also not my say alone, and that means I have to be respectful of everyone else here.

I was simply trying to keep the thread from degrading into open warfare by splitting it.

But I'm signing off now, so have your fun boys.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have spent time dealing with Rich a lot myself too, and have seen both side of him more than most on this board. I would say that much of the positive and negative being said about him is true to a degree. His original ban was supposed to be a temporary one to give him time to cool off, and for the record several people who are still here not only took part in the conflicts, but also did what they could to push his buttons, and yet they were not banned. All of us are expected to behave like adults here.

I want to only hear facts, and experiences with Rich here, not insults and attacks within the group. That is exactly what got Rich and Ham Salad banned from here. Flame wars are not acceptable.

Andy
propsjonnyb
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add my thrippenyworth ! regardless of what everyone thinks or even says about Richard Coyle ( and I've know and had dealings with him for a number of years ) producing props is his livelyhood at the end of the day! ,and he has a right to protect said livelyhood, we all have our hot buttons and unfortunately there are a small minority of people like to bait, flame and generally wind-up other people for what appears to be no reason at all , Rich - like all of us human's - will rise to the bait if provoked long enough , even I will ,but I take vallium as a stimulant ! so it takes a lot to wind me up !! joking apart, Richard is a professional, he is also a perfectionist and he is well known to go above and beyond what I consider normal business trade to help and he has done this consistently to most of his customers and you all know exactly what I mean !! I personally would have him back in a second, simply because he does have a vast wealth of knowledge and experience that simply will be denied, to all here !
I don't think you have tread carefully or be overly polite in speaking to Rich , he calls a spade, a spade and not a shovel! Just like everyone he has an opinion and there is still freedom of speech , and he will listen, if you have something to say and once he knows the facts and is presented with evidence, he does make changes and improvements, even he does't know everything, so even 'newbies' can looks at things with a fresh pair of eyes !
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: