FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
So, uh... should we post introductions here? Yes, lets!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Dude

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:37 pm    Post subject: So, uh... should we post introductions here? Yes, lets! Reply with quote

I can't think of anywhere else. I guess we should all post introductions here... if you want. I'll start.

I'm Jerry. Known as "Prop-Maker" on the RPF and "Death By Mugumba" on Matsucorp, ASAP and the other ezboard prop communities. Also known as "The Dude" on Propcircle... here, too. Don't confuse me with the RPF's "The Dude"... that's a different guy. I've lived in Corpus Christi, Texas since October of '04. Originally from Houston, I moved to Aurora, Colorado in '86 (at the age of six). Then on to Santa Clara, California in 1989. In '95, I moved to Indianapolis, Indiana. After that, I moved to Corpus Christi.
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Propsummit Jerry

If I must I will give a short intro...lol My name is Tom and you can typically find me on the RPF or at the RPF-OT (Prop-Ed) and various other places where I go by Amish or Amishwarrior. I am married and have a baby boy who is about to turn 1 and enter the world of toddlers. The people I have met while collecting props have been some of the best in the world.

I have been collecting props for about 5 years now, but have really been serious about it for the past year or so. My main squeeze in the prop world would have to be anything Star Wars. After that would come Star Trek, Blade Runner, Alien(s), and anything else sci-fi. I think the next area of prop collecting that I will dive into is going to be Indiana Jones.

By day, I am the Coordinator of Inforation Systems & Security for a Detention Center, by night I am a Father and a Husband... During my off time, I am either dusting off the props, playing guitar, online, or just being me

I hope you enjoy your stay here!

Take care,

Tom
darkknight0667
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I'll go next.

My name is Pete. I'm married with a very precocious 5-1/2 year old son. We currently live in Queens, NY, though we are in the process of purchasing a house outside of Tampa that we hope to move into in a few years. Right now, I work as the Production Manager at Dover Publications.

My prop interests include (but aren't limited to) Star Wars, Blade Runner, Firefly/Serenity and Battlestar Galactica (both old and new). I've only been collecting props and things for about 2 years

I hope to do all that I can to help make this place the prop forum we've all been looking for. Just remember, the chips and pretzels are on the counter, the beer is in the fridge and don't piss on the carpets. Beyond that, I think we'll get along fine.
KarlBud420
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce from Jacksonville, Florida here. I'm currently working as a contract desk jockey for DHS, with Customs and Border Protection at the training Academy in Glynco, Georgia.

I've been collecting prop relicas for about 4 years now with my emphasis being on anything Star Wars (duh!?!), Blade Runner, and the other usual sci-fi suspects. No Star Trek, though! I've been wanting to start up an Indiana Jones collection as well but haven't had enough time to research what's out there and the differences between them. I enjoy making/building models and props almost as much as collecting them.

I'm excited to be a part of this new community and hope that it can develop into a vibrant place for all interests.

Bruce
Archie Opteryx

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy. Nice place y'all got here. Hope to see it grow and become what some of the more recent disasters aspired to be.

My name is Carlos. I live in South Carolina and grew up in Queens NY (hey Pete, I lived in Astoria for few years - from '87 to '90 and again from '93 to '01). I'm married with a one years old girl. My main interest is ST TOS prop replicas, but am interested in other "vintage" Sci Fi - Forbidden Planet replicas and toys, Lost in Space replicas and toys... that kinda stuff. Not into Star Wars.

Looking forward to sticking around
jhyphen
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am John, and my very presence throws most forum admins into a state of high anxiety. Invariably, my opinions and willingness to challenge the status quo earn me a permanent kick curbside...often before the dust settles.

I collect forum banishments like I collect high-end props. And if you want to see my collection, come to my website:

www.jhyphen.com

Will my fate be any different here? Will my ouster set a new land speed record, or will this prove to be the forum that can handle me?

It's always fun to see....

Good luck, gents!

Oh, about me.... I'm married, with three kids, and I work in the Washington, D.C. area as a lawyer. I've been involved in prop collecting since 1994, and it's been a fun and wild ride.
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, it is nice to learn a little of everyone here so far. Nice to meet you all, even though, I think I know most of you from various other places.

Second, damn you Jhyphen!!! How dare you enter this sanctuary....lol

Actually, John, you are very welcome here.

Take care,

Tom
Hero of Canton

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject: Howdy! Reply with quote

I saw the door open so I wandered in, might want to look into gettin’ a latch or somethin’.

I’m a bit a’ a newbie at this as a hobby, but I been makin’ props a while now, mostly for the stage.

Hope we can do somethin’ shiny.

--jdd
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to our little community! No need to lock anyone out, thought we may consider locking you in

If you have anything serenity or firefly related please post away. The franchise has quickly become one of my absolute favorites.

Thanks again!

Tom
Prometheus

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there! Prometheus aka Jikawa from RPF dropping in!
Nice place, Amish!

RedTwoX

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm David from the D/FW area of Texas. I go by RedTwoX just about anywhere you'll find me: RPF, ASAP, Prop Circle...

I've very new to prop collecting having just started at the end of 2005. I've built models (mostly kits but a few scratch builds) most of my life, and those skills are already coming in very handy. My interest focuses mainly on Star Wars, but I also enjoy BSG (old and new) and a wide range of movies from other genres.

My collection currently consists of a Works In Progress, but I'm getting there. I have two Denix Mauser conversions going (ANH and ESB, GK and RotJ will come later), an APH-6C helmet awaiting conversion to an X-Wing helmet (yes, I the B varient is correct, but the C is almost identical and I got a good deal), a Kellogg's AotC Clone Helmet to modify/accurize, and a rotocast new series BSG pistol from ASAP that' about 90% complete.

I'm happy to be here and looking forward to helping this community grow
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Prometheus and David,

Welcome to our little community here. While it isnt much now, i hope that this will grow to become a resource and meeting place for all who enjoy this hobby.

Enjoy the show!

Tom
EdgeofNowhere

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, Jason from Doylestown checking in.

Mostly I've been a lurker on the RPF from back in the ezboard days. I had a couple lightsabers once, but court costs forced me to sell my collection. Now that I am stable again, I'm looking forward to re-collecting some things and putting in some new additions Smile

Looking forward to all this forum has to offer!
0neiros

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

0neiros standing by.
darkknight0667
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason, Oneiros - Good to have you guys aboard. Make yourselves at home.
0neiros

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to be at a place where I don't have to use a Coaster when I set my beer down.
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need for coasters But if you spill it, your cleaning it up.
mtsbspidey

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey...i'm skott...found this board through rpf...i'm from philly...i'm married (a year last weekend)...i don't work (i'm disabled) so i'm pretty much always in front of my computer...my collection is pretty small but it's growing pretty rapidly....oh...and i always sign my posts...skott
darkknight0667
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="0neiros"]Nice to be at a place where I don't have to use a Coaster when I set my beer down.[/quote]

What the hell are you doing putting your beer down? What are you a communist? Razz
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skott,

Always good to see another from the Philly area! Welcome to the community
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Coffee Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 1 of 19

Jump to: