FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Troubled Times... (or why I have not been around)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
deckardsenigma
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:20 pm    Post subject: Troubled Times... (or why I have not been around) Reply with quote

Greetings ~

I (was) dealing with the following situation ~ >Sad ~ and thus why I have been *absent*... these past few months..

Here is the situation

============================================================

OH W*F! ~ :-X :-X :-X :-X

Just when *THIS* month was supposed to be the month that I finally get caught up this :-X happens ~

Apparently, a Merchant that I do business (on a regular bases) with has been hacked and so all saved personal data has been compromised…

This is what I got ~

========================================================

Important Information about Your ***** Account

***** has been the victim of a deliberate illegal electronic attack on our Web Site Data Base which may have resulted in the theft of your credit/debit card number and expiration date. The compromise was identified on March 21, 2008.

We only became aware of which accounts were compromised within the past few days.

I am contacting you directly because it would take an undetermined amount of time for your Credit Card Company or issuing bank to inform you.

Information from our retail store locations was not affected.

For 45 years, ***** has been dedicated to earning customer trust, and we want to provide you with these recommended steps:

Immediately contact your credit card company or issuing bank to inform them of this breach. You will find the contact information on the back of your credit or debit card.

Carefully review your financial and credit card statements for discrepancies.

For additional information on protecting and monitoring your financial information call the Federal Trade Commission at 877-382-4357.

We are cooperating with credit and debit card issuers to ensure those customers who may have been affected by the theft are protected. We have also referred the information to the F.B.I. and are working closely with them to identify those responsible.

I sincerely regret this intrusion and assure you we have taken the necessary steps to prevent future attacks.

Sincerely,

C.E.O.

===============================================================

I already took the needed steps and have frozen all accounts!

Made contact with all parties that I do business with.

My mobile has been shut down for a bit, to prevent any more additional info being executed, this all may seem as overkill for some of you, (but), if you haven’t been though all this before, let me tell you ~

IT’S A PAIN IN THE ARSE! ~ BIG TIME! ~

With the way things are attached to each other (now-a-days), its easier to obtain Info, from the simplest of things… so I am taking NO chances! ~

It was taking me 2 years to recover from the last attempt, was just about to be caught up, settled, and now this happens. ~

Now don't think that I have not taking all the possible security measures, I have, it is just that as long as we live in a Tech Savvy world, we will always have this type of threat, and people who have nothing better than to screw with peoples lives. ~ >Sad

On a bright note! ~ Very Happy

It’s a good thing that the merchant caught it in time, notified me, and the FBI is immediately investigating this issue.

I hope they catch them and FRY THEM!

*PEEVED* >Sad ~ but, (actually) calm..... Smile

How can I be? ~ well, if I let worry me too much, its a waist of energy, besides, as many of you already know ~ I am a calm sort ~ Wink

The FBI investigation is still continuing, however, one of the fellows has been arrested and so that's good news. ~ Very Happy Very Happy

I *lost* $2k this time around, however, it was caught it before any more damages could be done, and in the process of *fixing* the issue, more issues came out of it. ~ :'(

Mainly the new Bank Card, I had to add several more NEW features to prevent it from being compromised and so... when I started using the new card, it was not accepted anywhere :'(

So, once again, I had to correct it, and the changes will not go into effect *until* Monday (Tuesday at the latest) ~ which puts be behind in paying my bills... :'(

I will call the remaining 3 bills that require payment (on Monday) and make arrangements to pay them later in the month and explain to them the situation. ~ Maybe they will work with me considering the circumstances.

This as been a ordeal, but at least it is getting resolved.

I am not mad, as it would be a waste of effort to be mad, when I don't see anyone to get Mad at... (if that makes any sense) ~ :-/

Well...

I *could be*.... but why?

I have been through allot in my years *alive*... and such things (now) just fall off my shoulders and I don't stress it.

Stress *just* makes one older quicker...

I am not (one) for or into drama (of any kind)... just be straight forward and just tell me the facts, not BS or stupidity!
I have no time for it.

I do have my moments, (don't get me wrong), I DO get mad, but that is far and in-between, and when I am... YOU will know it!

(FINALLY)

I am (almost) breathing a *sigh* of relief... Smile ???

My banking centre has re-issued me a new card, with a new address which is the REAL address... Very Happy

I have passwords on all accounts... Very Happy Very Happy

I have changed everything to bear a correct representation of who I actually am now... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

My bills are situated that I can pay them at the end of the month.
meaning, I will have to pay them *doubled* ~ but when I do ~ they will be paid in full and everything will be back on track :-* :-* :-*

==================================================

Well, that's it...

After experiencing all this ~ I can (finally) say with pride...

that ~ "*I* did it!!" ~ Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I (know) I missed out on allot these past months concerning getting a Deckard Trench and the Whiskey Bottle... since I made an effort to make sure it was scheduled as it was.

But, I figured I am late now, so maybe (later) I would be able to get a order in with Rachel (after) she completes a few of the orders for Trenches...

Just wanted to let you (whoever) is keeping up ~ know ~

Thanks for the read!

DE (DeckardsEnigma)
deckardsenigma
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well,

Its 2010 and I *just* got back (once again) into my hobbies and art work.

Yes, I have been absent, due to other things that (always) interrupted my best laid plans.

Anyway, I thought I would reply to my own posting, as its been nearly (what)? 1-2 years? - since I have been here?
>.<

Plus, I also wanted to prevent from making a double posting of what I already said before...because it basically the same.

Times are tough, but, I am back (and now) looking through all that I missed.

I hope I'm still in good graces with you guys and gals here!!

Thanks for read...

Respects!
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back DE, Glad to hear things are better than last time. Hope things get even better so you can have some fun on here.

Andy
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back DE, I'm sure everything else will be a walk in the park after that particular adventure
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Coffee Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: