FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
To all our friends in Japan

View previous topic :: View next topic  
seesinsilhouette
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:23 am    Post subject: To all our friends in Japan Reply with quote

Hi There, and firstly thank you for taking time to look at my post.

The reason I'm writing is because I intend to visit Tokyo in mid September with my Wife for our honeymoon. I am hoping that before then the Marushin pro will have been released and I am basically looking for someone who lives in Japan and preferably Tokyo to act as an agent in purchasing this blaster for me. I would work out a way of paying for it in advance or provide the funds to purchase for me and if someone agrees to act as my agent collect it upon my visit.

Following this I will dismantle it into as many parts as possible and post it back to the uk as a kit of parts which I have been reassured is entirely possible. I am also a registered member of a reenactment group who's insurance covers the purchase of such items.

The other option would be for the agent to "hold" the blaster whilst I obtain an import licence and send it on complete with the appropriate permission etc. If this was the option taken I would obviously cover all postage costs and expenses incurred.

So what I ask is, is there a kind soul willing to help me achieve this?

Pm me if the idea sounds ok.

Thanks in advance

Michael
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea...happy honeymoon and good luck with the deal
eltee
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overheard in a Tokyo hotel room at 2:00 AM:

"Darling, this is our HONEYMOON and you've spent the last three freaking hours on the phone yakking about some damn blaster or something...that's it, I'm going to sleep and I'm calling my mother in the morning. She warned me about you and all this Bladewhatever nonsense. Hand me my flannel PJ's, this silk negligee isn't going to keep me warm tonight and obviously neither are you!"
seesinsilhouette
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: Hehehe Reply with quote

Hehehe yes indeed you would be on the dollar there if it weren't for my lovely wife to be being a massive br fan herself. We're even having a film noir themed wedding " vamps, tramps and private dicks" is the header on the invite. I am truly blessed, but then again that's why I'm marrying her! Smile. As long as it doesn't cost me $3000 then all should b well. There of course is a line!!
propsjonnyb
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes , I can see that happening and I've been married for over 35 years , at least I can keep something in the house - banned to the attic mainly ! which if I'm not in the workshop, you can usually find me there on the PC ! If the opportunity arises before you go , perhaps you'll call again and I can wish you all the best personally - one thought, give temponaught a PM he 's resident and works in Japan all over , mention my name - he may gag !! only joking !, but I'm sure if he can, he would help
seesinsilhouette
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 10:31 am    Post subject: :) Reply with quote

Thanks John I shall drop him a message, and I shall definately visit again before then! Not to jump off topic for too long but John if you check your email I've sent you something you may find interesting.

The hunt goes on....

Understanding wife...check
Space to store large collection of film props...check
Tomonesuke/Marushin Joy... Yet to find

Hehehe Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Prop Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: