FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
So, uh... should we post introductions here? Yes, lets!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mtsbspidey

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Skott,

Always good to see another from the Philly area! Welcome to the community"

thanks...if you don't mind me asking...whereabouts in the philly area are you from?...skott
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just south 15 minutes in Wallingford... right next to Swarthmore.

You ever play WWII Online?
mtsbspidey

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in reverse order...
"You ever play WWII Online?"

sorry...can't say i do...

"I am just south 15 minutes in Wallingford... right next to Swarthmore."

oh...ok...if you've ever got some time to kill in the city (or if you're going to wizard world) you should drop me a pm...it's always nice to put faces to names....skott
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got it Skott! Sorry, I used to know a guy back from my gaming days that went by the same name....

Anyway, I dont get into the city much, but I will certainly let you know!

Tom
mtsbspidey

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Sorry, I used to know a guy back from my gaming days that went by the same name.... "

skott or mtsbspidey?...because if it's skott...that's kinda wierd...i've not encountered too many other skotts (maybe two?)...and as far as i've ever seen i'm the only mtsbspidey on the internet so that would be super weird (it's a fairly obscure reference)...

"Anyway, I dont get into the city much, but I will certainly let you know! "

rock on....skott
LtMerak
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,
My name is Tom Isham from Hampden, MA, I am 42 years old.
I first got into Sci-fi when watching Star Trek on TV as a kid and remembering I wanted the Comunicator, Phaser, and Tricorder.
I made them out of wood and played Star Trek in the woods by my house. When I was a teenager I saw a Phaser model kit at a hobby shop That I just had to have, I saved all summer to get that kit and when I went back, the hobby shop ahd gone out of business. Sad I finally went to a convention in my late teens and found a dealers room, I was in heaven, but did not have the money for props, but looked at all of them. I started to make lightsabers when I first saw Star Wars in 1977. In 1990 I became friends with Ed Miarecki and would go to his shop and machine parts for his Phasers. I found out That it was his kit at that hobby shop! He had just re-designed the Phaser after seeing an original Hero, and he gave me one of the first ones. I helped him on projects for Star Trek 5 and we designed Dr. MeCoys Med Scanner, My design was chosen and I helped build it for the movie along with some models of the Enterprise.
I also helped (very little) with the restoreation of the original Enterprise model that is at the Smithsonian. It was a very fun Time for me but now I work at a small label and name plate company as the Graphic Artist/ Film person.

Some of my props can be see here: http://www.saberknights.com/members/jeditom/index.htm

I am also on other forums:

Dewback Wing A.S.A.P. http://p082.ezboard.com/bpropreplicas as LtMerak

SG Command http://www.sg-command.net/ as MajTom

Saberknights http://www.Saberknights.com as JediTom

The Jedi Assembly http://apfoister.proboards9.com/index.cgi? as Ishto Mosa

Thanks to amish for telling us over at the SaberKnight about this board.
KELL

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

My name is Kell. I live in Dallas, Texas. Married, have a brand new son(3.5 month old). I came here by way of RPF. I have been getting into props the last year and a half. I have built models and (homegrown props) for as long as I can remember. Really love SW / BSG old/new, ST TOS, have a pretty diverse collection of junk. Looking to complete a ANH Vader display. I am gearing up to build some props that I have always wanted. This looks like a great place to learn/share ideas.

Hey Red Two X you live right the road from me.
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the community Tom and Kell!! It is great that you found us well and decided to join Things are a bit slow, but I hope with each new member the pace will quicken.

Take care,

Tom
orbital

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all. I go by acerocket on a few of the other forums and just signed up here. Working on setting up my own machine shop and hope to be able to offer my services to the prop community soon. If you want to take a look at some of my recent work, you can check out my website at www.orbitalmachining.com Website (and shop) are a work in progress right now but I hope to finalize everything in the next few months.

Erik

www.orbitalmachining.com
Propmaster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: New Member Reply with quote

Hi Everyone, My name is Roger and I wanted to say hello. I am mainly into Trek Props, TOS...I have been a collector since 1973 and have some 230+ pieces in my collection.

I am the owner of the Trek Prop Zone where like here, we sit back and discuss this wonderful hobby.

Looks like a great please you have here, thanks for allowing me to join...

Roger

"Props are not just about Business, they are a way of Life"
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool to have the two of you here! We had some registration problems, but hopefully that is all over.

Anyway, make yourselves at home!!!
darkknight0667
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOO-HOO!!!

We just hit 75 members!

Welcome aboard to all the new folks. We have recently instituted an "Initiation Process". Newbies should assume the position while I get the paddle. And remember, your response is, "Thank you, Sir! May I have another?" Laughing
Partsandtechnical

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partsandtechnical in da hey-ouse.

Specializing in accurate armor and costume parts. Historical and film work.

Like the layout...sophisticated and simple.

Good to see a lot of familiar faces.

Drew
burningman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: hello fellas Reply with quote

Hey guys..good to see some RPFers here
Got the link from Rich and thought I'd join. For those who don't know me..my name is Doug and I'm a custom car designer/stylist in Gainesville FL
A relative noob to prop collecting but have been on RPF for a couple years now.
Good to see a BR specific prop forum..long overdue!
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doug,

Welcome aboard! Though things are just starting with this community, I am hoping that we can really get into the realm of the Blade Runner props and examine everything for the benefit of everyone.

Please enjoy

Tom
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

I feel like a jerk for not coming here first and introducing myself. I am from Rochester, NY (home of the graphlex) and collect mostly Blade Runner, but also collect some Alien and Star Wars stuff. I recently sold off a very large SW collection after some hard times with the failing of a small company I worked for(3DIQ) and a break up with my fiance'. I of course kept all of my BR stuff. I have worked as an Industrial designer for three different companies, as a 3D stereo photographer, Helped design Vicarious Visions' first video game that was BR themed, as an Illustrater, and even helped some low buget film productions finding props at thrift stores and making what I could not get elsewhere cheaply. I started collecting props as a kid with my amt model kits of the star trek phaser and tricorder which somehow got run over by a go-cart. I later made my own designs out of squirt guns and model kit parts. I have only recently got back into prop building since my TV broke and I decided not to replace it with one I already own in my storage space. I am currently trying work on a BR blaster replica history and am also making my own collectors guide as well as starting the intial work on making a book about the style and aesthetic of BR. How many of these will get finished I do not know, but so far I am enjoying researching them, and that is usually the hard part. We'll see how it goes after I finish the blaster replica timeline. I really hope I will be able to contribute to this forum and encourage others as well.

Thank you,
Andy
BR12819
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im matt i go by the same name on the RPF and bladezone im probably the youngest one here at 21. i find it hard to describe what attracts me to props i think maybe its the ingenuity involved with creating something, anything really and maybe its my love of cool movies, probably a little of both. at any rate good to find another resource for this stuff.

btw i have an idea up my sleeve for something original relating to BR so if i can figure out how to do it i'll fill ya'll in on it

beal
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all
I just wanted to introduce my self- I'm a freelance illustrator here in NYC. I don't really have a collection of props, but I'm trying to get something started (with the patience of my lovely wife). Soon to be aquired are an all metal BR Blaster, a Graflex Luke ANH saber and an aluminum DS gun (non working)
I'm also a member at propcircle, and also over at RPF where I go by "Boodha"

Glad to be with you all
Bill
darkknight0667
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard, Bill. Good to see another NYC area person around. I'm across the river in Astoria, myself. Hope to meet you face to face someday.
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill and Matt,

Welcome to Propsummit In my opinion, even if you dont own any props at the present time you can still enjoy what is out there. In fact, I think we all started pretty much the same way, and that was without any props. Just remember to spend wisely and dont put yourself into a hole as so many have done.

Bill, would love to see all of what you will soon be acquiring:-)

Matt,

When you are ready to share your idea, we are all ears. Any community input is appreciated.

Anyway, I have rambled on enough
Tom
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Coffee Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 2 of 19

Jump to: