FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Seemingly cheap, good quality Deckard shirts for under $40
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Costumes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:29 pm    Post subject: Seemingly cheap, good quality Deckard shirts for under $40 Reply with quote

Found these on ebay and they look ok, have the same issue as the Magnoli`s with the too thin pink stitching but for under forty bucks cant go wrong.
I wish there was some competition around when i got my Magnoli.

If anyone gets one please post with a reveiw.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BLADE-RUNNER-SHIRT-Harrison-Ford-Costume-Rick-Deckard-/360306529059?pt=US_CSA_MC_Shirts&var=&hash=item92af4720c5
jinxed
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...I sort of bit the bullet on the whole thing. I was curious too, so I contacted the seller and worked out a package price for coat, shirt, tie.

It is hopefully on the way. I will post full reviews of all of it on arrival.

Now keep in mind, I am new to this, and have nothing to compare with. I wanted something with the proper overall aesthetic but am not concerned with absolute screen accuracy.

Just from pictures it's obvious that Magnoli, Abbey Shot etc are much higher quality.

I worked in wholesale garment manufacture and embroidery for 15 years, so I should at least be able to give somewhat of an educated review.

Stay Tuned!!
Hasenbrau
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool jinxed, I look forward to seeing what you think of those particular items. I was going to purchase their coat, but ended up opting to go a different route. Over in this thread: http://www.propsummit.com/viewtopic.php?t=2406&highlight=cheap+coat sethb6025 had some pretty decent things to say about costumebase.

I'm sure I'm not the only one, but I'd sure like to see pics of those actual items in hand, if you have the chance once they arrive.
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to have your experience on board jinxed! I'm eager to hear about your review and the quality/or lack thereoff of their product.
Bwood
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pictures look identical to the Magnoli shirt except for the button color. In my opinion, both these shirts are still way off, which wouldn't matter so much except Magnoli is asking $150 for theirs.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They copied Magnoli's pattern with the too light grey lines. If they had fixed that, I would likely have bought it. Still not bad for the price. I am tempted if I ever want to do a Deckard Halloween costume someday (when I am willing to shave my beard)

Andy
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a beard Andy ? Shocked
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and my Girlfriend would kill me if I shaved it Wink
br64fan
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already put this post up.Maybe in the wrong section.

http://propsummit.com/viewtopic.php?t=2406

See. Very Happy
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, i checked this thread when i saw it and there was nothing, didnt think to look in the props section.

The tie makes me laugh, if they had just done the most minimal of research they would have produced one with the correct colour instead of just copying someone elses error.
br64fan
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah,the coat is just okay,the shirt quite nice but the tie looks look its been photocopied on to some cloth.LOL Very Happy
Metrokab
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I just bought one of the Costumebase shirts from their eBay shop, and am cautiously optimistic about it. We'll see.

If it fits as well as a cheapo off-the-rack shirt from Target, then I'll be satisfied.
nexus42
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:00 pm    Post subject: cheap shirts for under $40 Reply with quote

Metrokab.......I sent for one of the Costumebase shirts just before christmas, not only did it arrive in under 8 days, from Singapore ( something the royal mail couldnt do with items of mail posted from within this country) they also supplied helpful tracking information to help allay any anxiety during the shipping!
The shirt arrived safely and was worth it, like yourself I wondered if the fit and the quality would be up to much at that price? well I can truly say it surpassed my expectations, and would even say it looks better than the considerably more expensive versions of the shirt currently available (imho). Having a more toned down look and feel, and a great fit!
I've worn it out a few times at parties over christmas with and without the tie, and it looks great with jeans or the appropriate grey trousers......just require the trench coat to really do the shirt full justice!
The shirt has been washed a few times since, and the look and feel improves the more this occurs!

I've wanted deckards shirt since seeing the movie all those years ago, even though you couldn't make out the exact detail on those grainy vhs videos...............

Last edited by nexus42 on Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Metrokab
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: cheap shirts for under $40 Reply with quote

nexus42 wrote:
metrokab.......I sent for one of the Costumebase shirts just before christmas, not only did it arrive in under 8 days, from Singapore ( something the royal mail couldnt do with items of mail posted from within this country) they also supplied helpful tracking information to help allay any anxiety during the shipping!
The shirt arrived safely and was well worth it, like yourself I wondered if the fit and the quality would be up to much at that price? well all I can say is it surpassed all my expectations, and I would even go as far as to say it looks better than the considerably more expensive versions of the shirt currently available (imho) having a more toned down look and feel, and a great fit!
I've worn it out a few times at parties over christmas with and without the tie, and it looks fantastic with jeans or the appropriate trousers......just need the trench coat next to really do the shirt justice!
The shirt has been washed a few times since and the look and feel gets better the more this occurs!

I've wanted deckards shirt since first seeing the movie all those years ago even though you couldn't quite make out the exact detail on those grainy vhs videos...well now I do and it's great!............

Encouraging news, thanks! The photos look pretty good...and really, how hard can it be to mess up a shirt?

I'll wear it out from time to time, and feel like the coolest guy in the bar.
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Nexus42; something to keep in mind Wink
How hard is it to mess up a shirt? Not very hard I'm afraid, but that's another discussion altogether...
Bwood
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Close, but no cigar ……
http://propsummit.com/upload/696/lot111.gif
You're right, joberg, how hard can it be? I've asked myself the same question every time I see another knock-off.
The colored patterns on the (real) shirt are rectangles, not ellipses, something every copy so far has gotten wrong.
Somebody has done a better job on this 1/6 figure's shirt. If they can get it this close on a doll, why not full size?
http://propsummit.com/upload/696/images(1).jpeg
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, let's just say that it belongs into the BR World...unless I see a close-up of the shirt Wink I might change my opinion Laughing
Good quality shirts are expensive (I should know, 'cause mine are all hand-made and to measure: insert bragging music here please and because I've a pencil neck with very long arms...so "off the rack" is not an option)...wait that didn't come out right: I meant a pencil neck AND very long arms!
But who (beside me and others I'm sure) wants to pay that much and coming from the Phillipines to boot Rolling Eyes ...not me!
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to tell you this Bwood, but the doll is wrong and it is ellipses, not rectangles. I can't find the pictures right now but the Magnoli shirt is based on close ups of the shirt from Screenused.com (they have taken them down since). The only problem with his shirt and also repeated by the new shirt here, is that the gray gridlines are too light, and should be darker. Since Indy Magnoli's thread on the RPF was in the junkyard, it also has since been deleted unfortunately. I will keep looking and see if I can find the pics elsewhere.

Andy
nexus42
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bwood wrote:
Close, but no cigar ……
http://propsummit.com/upload/696/lot111.gif
You're right, joberg, how hard can it be? I've asked myself the same question every time I see another knock-off.
The colored patterns on the (real) shirt are rectangles, not ellipses, something every copy so far has gotten wrong.
Somebody has done a better job on this 1/6 figure's shirt. If they can get it this close on a doll, why not full size?
http://propsummit.com/upload/696/images(1).jpeg

Here's a picture of Deckards, screen used shirt, and you can see in the closeup the fabrics surface pattern is made up of blue and pink ellipses/ovals, not rectangles, albeit these are smaller in size than the Costumebase and Magnoli versions, but they did get the oval part on the shirts correct!

Last edited by nexus42 on Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks nexus...I just found the images on screenused and was about to post them. They are several pages back in the sold items for BR.

Andy
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Costumes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: