FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Dredd Movie Version Lawgiver build from Playstation gun

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baron Von Blondle
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: Dredd Movie Version Lawgiver build from Playstation gun Reply with quote

Thought some of you guys might be interested in my latest (mis)adventure...after my moderate success (IMHO) with the Blade Runner conversion I have been inspired to do another toy mod from the well known Lawgiver rip-off the Predator Logic III lightgun for the playstation....

As before it's gonna go up on the blog as and when it's progressed

http://baronvonblondle.blogspot.com/

but for those that are interested I'm doing a step by step...here's as it stands so far....

:innocent

Okay so we all know that the Hollywood blockbuster, Stallone starring "adaptation" of the legend that is 2000ad's Judge Dredd was awful. Not just awful, terrible. Not just awful and terrible but an insulting, disgusting abuse of an icon, like someone telling you they made you a delicious sandwich but forgot to tell you, just before you tuck into it, that it's a sh*t and bogey with moldy catterpillar infested lettuce and rancid catfood sandwich.

Okay I didn't enjoy the film.

However it did throw up a few nice ideas, the costumes looked pretty good, the Lawmaster bikes were pretty faithful if a bit wussy looking and the Lawgiver gun looked pretty cool too. Even though I'd rather construct a comic strip version of the Lawgiver gun I don't feel my skills are up to this task yet..maybe soon. SO...in the meantime I've come across this baby...

It's a playstation Logic III Predator light gun for zapping your telly with..but doesn't it have a striking resemblance to the Lawgiver mkII as wielded by Judge Spudd, Sylvester Stallone from the excellent movie adaptation..ahem..

There have been several attempts before to change this toy gun into the version seen above so I at least have some technical pointers (thanks Gav Jupp and Kevin Goldsmith) It has the capability to house the lights as long as I don't do anything silly during the build phase.

So I have begun..finding a Predator gun on fleabay for a fiver I have set about removing any excess lumps of plastic moulding to facilitate the first stages of conversion...

It's made of quite durable plastic so it took a fair amount of time and elbow grease to remove the extra pieces. I've also removed all the internal electronics and movable parts to avoid damage during the carnage that usually occurs during the prep.

The next stage was to measure out templates for overlays that will eventually be cut from 1.5mm styrene plasticard and glued onto the base gun. I did this first of all with a ruler and eye but after much frustration decided that it would be better to scan the gun and create the templates using Photoshop...far more accurate. I hope.

then to print the templates onto paper and test fit on the gun to see if or where I need to make adjustments

The templates will be layered up from the bottom. So base layer to hide gaping holes, detail overlay etc...etc...

This part was fairly straightforward BUT on some of the templates I will need to make side walls to make it 'box' around the gun..I forget sometimes that it's a 3D object and get a bit carried away...here are the initial plasticard templates glued on...

so far so good....lets see what the following days/weeks/months/years/decades unveil in the process..

There is actually an update on the blog today...

Respect

P.[url][/url]
Baron Von Blondle
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice little update today...aaaaalmost there....stay on target..stay on target...

http://baronvonblondle.blogspot.com/

Respect
P.
Baron Von Blondle
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LAST STAGES! - everything is pretty much done except the light effect and some greeblies...here's how she looks right now...

with the completed badge...

Respect
P.
Hasenbrau
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Cool Baron,

Thanks for showing us you process. I always enjoy following people's builds. Do you plan on doing any other Dredd stuff?
Baron Von Blondle
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the feedback! much appreciated.

I've started preliminary work on a comic version lawgiver (based on)

I'll no doubt post it here!

Respect
P.
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent build Baron...love people who scratchbuild.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Non Blade Runner Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: