FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
BR Glass Whiskey Bottle for Sale (Benefits Propsummit)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: BR Glass Whiskey Bottle for Sale (Benefits Propsummit) Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,

I am selling my Glass BR Whiskey Bottle on ebay. The proceeds from this auction will go towards running this website. I have attached a description from the auction here and if anyone has any questions, please feel free to pm me or contact me through ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110646789974

Thank you all for your support here at Propsummit it is a fantastic place and I owe it to each member here!

Quote:
Blade Runner

JW Whiskey Bottle

Glass Prop Replica

#60 of 60

This Glass Blade Runner JW Whiskey Bottle was part of a run done at the website www.propsummit.com

Proceeds from the sale of this bottle will go to benefit the site www.propsummit.com

Here is the original thread where the creation of this bottle started: http://www.propsummit.com/viewtopic.php?t=344&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

The following is a description of this bottle which is up for auction:

One (1) Glass Blade Runner JW Whiskey Bottle with stickers attached. The bottle has two cracks on the bottom rear right side. There is a scuff at the same location as the cracks. There is also a scuff near the top rear right side. This can all be seen in the pictures. Please contact me if additional pictures are required. The cracks and scuffs cannot be seen from the front of the bottle for when on display. Many of the bottle from this run had been shipped cracked because of their fragile nature.

Two (2) stickers for the lid which can be found from a finlandia bottle. (lid not included)

Instructions for attaching stickers and for finlandia lid

Two packs of Snake Pit Matches

Certificate of Authenticity listing the bottle as Number 60 of 60 made.

Shipping is $15.00 and includes the insurance.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you! - Amish from propsummit.com

edit: This bottle is empty

Please see ebay for more information regarding shipping and such.
ridleyville
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Amish
What a shame that you have to give up such a wonderful item so that you can continue to support the website for the enjoyment of so many. I do not know how many active members are here but surely we can help.
Would you be able to say the amount you are hoping to raise from the sale?
jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. If you need to sell this jewel to maintain the site, wow, this is sad. I think a little contribution from us could to the trick. And we'll happy to support!
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the nice words of support. Propsummit is not in trouble financially, this will just allow me to keep the site up for 1 - 3 years without having to explain to my wife every 6 months why I am paying for the site...lol

In short, I love the bottle, but I love Propsummit more and my wife the most

I know that my explanation gets a little personal, but I would rather be truthful. I am a geek and my wife is not, so there is not a lot of understanding of the geeky things that interest me from her point of view.

Anyway, it does not cost a lot to keep propsummit running, and this will just ease the way.

I am not looking for donations or handouts or anything. The last time someone offered money to help with the site, I asked them to donate it to the American Diabetes Association instead. Which they actually did and it was really cool of them to do so!!! Thanks again

Anyway, if you have any questions, please let me know. As for how much I am looking to get, I really do not have a target price point that is why I did not set a reserve on the auction.

Thanks again!!

Tom
Staar
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tom --

A lovely gesture to be sure and I echo the sentiments above - your'e a good man mate, many thanks!

Should I win the bid, is it possible that you could ship it to Australia - and at what cost?

Let me know so I can lodge a bid…..

Best and huge thanks again!

Kind regards

MARK

amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark,

I will ship to Australia but it would have to be at your own risk, even though I would insure the shipment. It is a long way for an empty bottle to travel even if I double box and extra pad the bottle.

Shipping to melbourne is something like $60-$100. I would only charge actually price and refund any difference.

So if you want to bid, please feel free, I just worry about it making it in one piece.

I hope you understand my concern. Also, thank you for the very nice words!!!!

Tom
technocoy
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, amish, you really should set up a donate page anyway. Its a small price to pay for us members who love the site so much and also gain so much from it!!!
Staar
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

technocoy wrote:
Man, amish, you really should set up a donate page anyway. Its a small price to pay for us members who love the site so much and also gain so much from it!!!

I agree…. Maybe think about it. I'm sure a lot of folk would be happy to chip in!

Thanks for the reply mate. I guess I am worried it might get smashed and I must stress I would certainly not hold you accountable for damage. Its my fault for living in a country that is trying its best to fall off the globe!!

This is a piece I would be glad to own. Let me think about it….

Good luck and best

M

joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Amish for your devotion to the site...and as technocoy said: why not set up a page where you could donate money to keep the site in good standing. I know that some stuff should be in the form of a rule/contract to specify what's what...besides that, I would be very happy to give my little contribution.

P.S.: As for my GF we have a rule in place: I will not critize, nor nagg the other for his/her passion...you like shoes and jewellery, I like BR and Alien and we agree to encourage each other into our quest toward happiness. Wink
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome stuff everyone!!! It is completely not necessary for donations to be made to keep this place running. While my wife may not understand my awesomeness when it comes to geekdom, I have great respect for her.

As always, the site is fine and is financially stable. This is just giving me a different means of paying for the site at least 1 - 3 years depending on the price the bottle fetches. The hosting of the site is approximately $120 dollars a year. I may increase it to allow for more storage, but that would only increase the fee to slight under $200.

This is not breaking my bank, I am just looking to keep the peace

Thank you all for the support you have shown and for being contributers here. As with any forum, it is the members that make it what it is and you all make this place great, unique, and a truly valuable place on the web for all Blade Runner and Alien fans!

As for shipping, I am going to do my absolute best to protect this bottle. IF I can triple box it, I will. Tomorrow I am going to pic up some packing supplies. If I am feeling creative I will document the packing of the bottle and post some pics...lol I think it will end up being a great lesson on how to overpack an item.

Thank you all again!

Tom
KarlBud420
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd also like to echo everyone's sentiments regarding our appreciation for you hosting the site. While I'm not a great contributor in terms of posts and my passion for props in general has suffered lately, I do make Propsummit a regular stop on my treks through the internet everyday, so thank you for giving me a place to see the latest and greatest in Blade Runner news.

When I purchased my bottle secondhand from darkknight0667 a while ago, I was extremely concerned about the possibility of it breaking in transit but Pete did a bang up job with the packaging. He stacked about 7-8 single pieces of corrugated cardboard together and then use a router to custom cut out the shape of the bottle to give it a nice snug and protective shell. I think it would have survived being run over by a tank when he was done. I'm still in awe of the ingenuity to this day and thankful to Pete for even parting with his bottle in the first place. He may be able to describe his process and walk you through it better than I have.

Good luck with the auction and long live the 'summit!

Bruce
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bruce! One of the things I am considering is using a block of Styrofoam and cutting a shape out for the bottle.

I believe that is kind of similar to what Pete did.

Thanks for the appreciation you have offered and also for the advice

Tom
jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amish wrote:
Thanks Bruce! One of the things I am considering is using a block of Styrofoam and cutting a shape out for the bottle.

I believe that is kind of similar to what Pete did.

Thanks for the appreciation you have offered and also for the advice

Tom

That's will be good, but perhaps to much "solid", I will add some bubble padding between bottle and styrofoam as well...

Well, I've was lucky receiving my own bottle from Paul in the first wave, from US to Spain without any break!!! A BIG box..... still keeping the bottle inside... If you want, I can take some pics for reference...

And, related to hosting costs.... well, another way to be in peace is to move to another server, a FREE one.... and I'm not talking of silly free offers with miriad ads and poor service... I'm talking of free space in one of my own sites. I have almost 100 sites (all mines) in four different ISP in US, Germany and Spain, and will be glad to host Propsummit for free lifetime if needed. It's only my two cents, of course, but this is my offer! Propsummit is too much important for me boys!!!!! Very Happy

Yeah, 100 sites is a pure geekdom!!!! hahaa!
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy cow!! 100 sites!!! Geekdom at its finest

I truly appreciate the offer, however, we are really ok here. I just wanted to be able to pull the hosting costs from a separate fund and this will allow me to do it for a long time to come.

Once again, thank you for the great offer!!!

Tom
jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amish wrote:
Holy cow!! 100 sites!!! Geekdom at its finest

I truly appreciate the offer, however, we are really ok here. I just wanted to be able to pull the hosting costs from a separate fund and this will allow me to do it for a long time to come.

Once again, thank you for the great offer!!!

Tom

Well, I'm computer programmer and web designer from.... well, I don't remember yet! Very Happy so... to have several sites is easy... some for customers, the rest for my own use. Multidomain hosting permits to have plenty of sites for one cost. You know....

My offer is ever here, available. Use it if needed. Remember it if needed. Not more!

And... yes, I'm using separate bank accounts for my geek-way-of-living and the family.... Razz
darkknight0667
Community Guide

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KarlBud420 wrote:
When I purchased my bottle secondhand from darkknight0667 a while ago, I was extremely concerned about the possibility of it breaking in transit but Pete did a bang up job with the packaging. He stacked about 7-8 single pieces of corrugated cardboard together and then use a router to custom cut out the shape of the bottle to give it a nice snug and protective shell. I think it would have survived being run over by a tank when he was done. I'm still in awe of the ingenuity to this day and thankful to Pete for even parting with his bottle in the first place. He may be able to describe his process and walk you through it better than I have.

Router? That stuff was all cut by hand!

Thanks for the kind words, Bruce. I'm really glad that it arrived safe and sound and has a happy home.

I just had a thought (unusual, I know). Bruce - you wouldn't still have that cardboard, would you? If so, maybe we can get it to Tom to help ensure that his bottle arrives in tact.

Pete
SaberFreak
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't get to a computer during the last hour of the auction and when I finally did it had ended, and for only 255!!!!

Did it go to a member here?
hirohawa
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bid $250 and lost.
KarlBud420
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

darkknight0667 wrote:

Router? That stuff was all cut by hand!

Thanks for the kind words, Bruce. I'm really glad that it arrived safe and sound and has a happy home.

I just had a thought (unusual, I know). Bruce - you wouldn't still have that cardboard, would you? If so, maybe we can get it to Tom to help ensure that his bottle arrives in tact.

Pete

By hand? Then color me all the more impressed! Very Happy

I'm pretty sure I still have the packaging, but I'm currently in the middle of a 7-month temporary assignment in DC so I can't put my hands on it immediately. My only trip home is scheduled for the start of March and that may cause the winning bidder to get antsy since it will have been 2 weeks after the end of the auction. Still, if Tom would like it, I can pluck it from storage when I get back and would be happy to send it his way ASAP on the first weekend in March.

Bruce
sethb6025
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amish, thanks for keeping the site going, I've always enjoyed it and it's very kind of you to look after it for all of us.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Prop Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: