FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Repair suggestions for SidKit bolt travel stop screw

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SCOFFMAN
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:11 pm    Post subject: Repair suggestions for SidKit bolt travel stop screw Reply with quote

If you are familiar with the SidKit, it has a screw on the top of the upper receiver that keeps the bolt from sliding out the back of the gun... unfortunately as soft as the pewter is on the kit, it has become somewhat stripped out. I think I'm keeping it in place using either lock-tite or possibly some superglue; enough to keep it from loosening up anyway. However I can't really get it tight enough now to provide enough resistance to keep the bolt from very easily sliding. It thought of trying to add a bit of solder onto the threads of the receiver, but then I nixed that idea for fear of melting the pewter. I'm thinking maybe some Teflon thread/pipe tape might work, but I thought I'd check and see if anyone had any other suggestions. I COULD go with a slightly larger screw (and a more accurate one that is slotted instead of one that uses an allen wrench/hex key to tighten) but before I made that change (which of course would permanently increase the size of the screw hole in the receiver) I thought I'd ask on here.

Thanks much for any ideas you might have!
hole dweller
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use the same screw if you make the hole bigger and install a Heli-coil in the gun body.

http://www.emhart.com/brands/heli-coil
http://www.ehow.com/how_5552241_install-helicoil.html

You can usually pick them up at an automotive supply store.

Gary
SCOFFMAN
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I appreciate the tip! I'll look into the Heli-coils if I need to. I tried adding a couple layers of pipe thread tape to the screw and was able to get it tighten down fairly well, and I also used some fairly viscous grease on the bolt assembly which will still lubricate it but it's also providing some additional resistance so the bolt slides smoothly but not as easily and fast as it was.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: