FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Marushin "Tomenosuke PRO" Blaster Japan
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daddy Solo
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

me likey
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the pics...never tired of seeing that weapon Cool
technocoy
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how close they got to the real thing on this blaster. If we had a real bulldog frame and grip frame could we just swap em out?

I'd also want to get a metal barrel in there too.

Man, this and sabastians chess set. I want to bad. AAAHHHH!!!!!1
Suskis
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand: why nobody creates a real full metal gun (not a kit: a complete gun) to be sold in 2 pieces to be easily assembled?
This model is perfect, but still has plastic. And for its price, I'd like to feel a metal gun in my hand!
technocoy
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the case here is that in Japan the restrictions are VERY tight and complicated so they have to be very careful as not to get accused of weapons manufacture.

I do think it would be great, however if they would produce a frame and barrel separately and offer it to all the buyers at a good price to make the kit the defacto and also avoid the issues with the laws in Japan.

I'm just waiting patiently hoping Mspaw comes back and agrees to make barrels and frames for everyone. Hahaha.
technocoy
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helder22 wrote:
Cool. Took me a while to figure out what "chiyataamuzu" was.
chiyataamuzu bulldog = Charter Arms bulldog
LOL

Helder, I'll try to give some background for the English speakers here, and take this lightly, it's been many years since I took Japanese:

In japanese the native characters are Hirigana and Katakana. Hirigana are used to write native words and meanings. Katakana are used for non-native words. Hirigana are the more "handwritten" looking characters you usually see. Katakana are the simpler more sleek ones. Kanji are the crazy complex characters that share some meaning with the Chinese equivalents and what most westerners associate as "asian" characters. They make up everything that Kanji and Katakana don't cover and are the oldest of the character sets.

When "foreign" words are romanized or heard spoken by a Japanese speaker they sound much like the actual english word with a japanese twist. I found that typically that results in a "u", "su" or "ku" ending to the sound.

Of course to us westerners it makes for some often comical takes on the english language.

I'm sure some of you are familiar with this, just thought it may be interesting for others to know.

Cheers,
technocoy
hirohawa
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deckard off duty

joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing...love it Cool
technocoy
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, after LOTS of ebay-ing (and continued so as to get a chess set from Rick) I panicked and bought one. It was ridiculous and unaffordable by all accounts, but I figured at least it was all money from sold toys.

I now need a holster and my sebastian's chess set to feel complete.

I will give a few personal views on this beauty:

I will eventually have metal parts replacing the frame, barrel, etc. It's absolutely the ONLY thing keeping this from being perfect.

When I say perfect I mean that subjectively as a "new" gun. The other "perfect" would be one finished exactly like the aged worldcon. I am now considering finishing my sidkit after all as to have the two versions and be in pure bliss.

The weight is perfect, and the build quality is absolutely, bar none, unmatched.

I know that people like to say "mass produced" but this is still a VERY limited piece at 1000 made and personally I hope they stay that way. It's a work of art and to see the amount of time and precisions these guys put into this thing it really shows through.The fit of these parts is just unbelievable... There are no weird gaps or variances in spaces between.

I wish the sight rod was lighted. Luckily for me I have an MSpaw sight rod with wiring that I guess I will now be keeping and tapping a new hole into in order to attach to my new blaster.

It absolutely feels like a real gun in your hand, and as much as I want real metal where needed, the high density plastic pieces are extremely high quality and VERY dense. There is not one bit of flimsiness to the blaster.

My box actually got opened. I guess somewhere along the way it piqued interest from security. I was disgusted to find a huge scratch on my box lid. That said, I shot a video unboxing and will post for you guys as soon as I can.

I'm now wondering if my Sidkit is really a full worldcon, the grips are a decent bit shorter than this one.

I have to say, and this is in no way meant as disrespect to Rich or Sid, etc, but this is taking it to the next level.

This would have possibly never have happened without those guys though and thanks go out to Rich, Karl, Sid and the others for all their work over the years, as this HAS to be the most fussed over sci fi weapon ever.

Helder, please do let us know if your bulldog frame swaps right in or not. I may get a permit specifically to buy that piece.

I will post photos and video as soon as possible.

It is SO tempting to "age" this baby a little, but I don't think I could bring myself to do it! It's so damn amazing. I may however polish the buttplate a little and burnish the triggers/guard a little to get more of the effect seen in Karl's special buildup.

Cheers all, and feel free to ask any questions.
Staar
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

technocoy wrote:

This would have possibly never have happened without those guys though and thanks go out to Rich, Karl, Sid and the others for all their work over the years, as this HAS to be the most fussed over sci fi weapon ever.

Well said mate, after all the fighting and tiresome point scoring you have said it in a nutshell - without the input of ALL those mentioned (incl. Rick) the rest of us would be a lot poorer because we would still all be only dreaming of owning one of theseā€¦..

Congratulations on your acquisition. I hope its brings you a lot of pleasure.

When you get a chance, please take lots of pictures and also a few with the Sid. I would be very interested to see them side by side..

Warmest regards

MARK

Helder22
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technocoy,

The bulldog does fit into the Tomenosuke Steyr upper and after a new barrel, a little drilling and tapping and cutting in the right places it should replace the plastic Tomenosuke Bulldog nicely I think.
I have noticed that the grip frame is a bit off on the Tomenosuke Bulldog though, so you (and I, and anyone else doing this) will need to make a new outer aluminum grip with the same outer contour (to match the nice transparent grips) but a slightly different inner cutout that matches the real Bulldog inner grip frame correctly.
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for you technocoy...yeah pics of the two side by side are always a + in our book Wink
propsjonnyb
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technocoy, if you do decide to 'weather' your finished gun , used Tamiya weathering powders or something similar as you will be able, if you want to, to remove them without damaging anything at a later date . The inner handle and the gunframe have to be a really tight fit as its the main SPOC ( Single Point Of Contact and therfore subject to the greatest stress ) and then you do need to custom make another outer frame to fit , because, and I confirm your statement - a Coyle outer does not fit.
technocoy
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good advice, propsjonnyb. Also, speaking of props, I don't know what you're into lately, but I may be getting a few things up and running finally and we should probably brainstorm. I'll contact you soon.
technocoy
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, guys, so there will be more, including the video, that are more wide open and straight on shots, but in the meantime here are a few of my "Blaster Love Affair" shots. I'll have a decent little collection for you all in a couple fo days. This thing is so crisp.

If anyone wants a larger shot of anything, please let me know. I can get you a big version.

(Can't wait to do this with my chess set, Rick )

Cheers,
David

Last edited by technocoy on Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Staar
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for sharing David mate and my warmest congratulations on a fantastic acquisition!!

As an aside, I feel anyone not totally loving this piece HAS to be made of stone - it certainly pushes all of my buttons..!

Lovely photography mate and looking forward to seeing more when you get the chance.

Highest regards

MARK

joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing...beauty shots of that great gun warms my heart Cool
A great add-on for your collection/obsession. Wink
Daddy Solo
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the pics. I think my brain's gonna melt! Shocked
racprops
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I beg to differ, my outer frame will fit a real Bulldog's Grip frame.

I cut it using a real Bulldog grip frame.

And with my Three Screw attactment system should work great.

Rich
hauptmann
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

I received my PRO this morning via fedex, from my friend in Tokyo who bought one via HCG within Japan for me and one for himself (he was caught by the bug).

I haven't "examined" it too much yet, but on initial impression, it truly seems like the absolute best replica available to date, and it will be virtually impossible to improve upon. I suppose it could be improved by incorporating a real bulldog, but that would be about the only improvement possible.

Fit and finish are second to none. It really "feels" like a working firearm in the hand. Despite having some parts made in plastic rather than metal, those seem minimal and don't reduce the weight from what I would expect from the original prop. On mine, I believe the cylinder is even metal, which I expected to be of plastic, from the diagrams posted here. In all, the piece is really VERY weighty, and much heavier than I expected. And that's -good-.

Compared to other -built- metal versions out there, this one is in the same price range, but much more solid and cleanly made. Though the price tag may seem high, it's worth every yen.

I'll post more later after I've had a chance to really check it out, but now I have to work.

Very happy,

Jeffrey
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 21 of 30

Jump to: