FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
More Paper Props
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ocd
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK,

So I take it you have NOT seen the Workprint Version of BladeRunner?

There is a clear shot of Deckard's chow,..

Having been a chef in my younger days paying for school, one of my duty's were preparing and cleaning fresh shrimp,.. so I know one when I see one,..

Questions,....

How do you get your photo's to show here? I don't understand,.. it looks so simple,...
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be "simulated" shrimp, like you have "simulated" crab meat Wink
ocd
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey punctated,

Don't sell yourself short. There isn't any "better" just different.

And I like the Dackard card, looks cool and real. Also your edge tratment for the white dragon is more accurate to "real" food receipts I think.

and fyi, I generally pay my bills by doing graphic design for a living.

Not so much with Obamanomics lately though.

Just say'n.

Oh and you guy's are probably correct on the syntha-shrimp.

MMMmmmmmm!!! makes me want to go fry some up RIGHT NOW!! yum! yum! "And I want noodles with that,.."

"Questions?,..."
The Loyalizer
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually the shrimp probably would be the only real animal on the menu, they grow pretty easily in saltwater, so it wouldn't be impossible to tank grow them.

As for the duck.. check your Sydney's

"We began to recognize in them a strange obsession..."

http://fcomin.cgsociety.org/gallery/
sethb6025
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't watched the workprint in a while, forgot about the shrimps! Talk about a continuity error. Maybe they're made from tofu. Razz Honestly, since the Mercerism theme was axed from film it's not of a huge importance, but as a fan of the book it jumped out at me as inconsistent to see duck or chicken on a receipt. Very impressive work regardless!
SCOFFMAN
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:25 am    Post subject: More FREE paper props! Reply with quote

I'd like to say THANK YOU very much to ocd for those FREE PDF files of the various receipts! Very cool!

Today I was playing around with printing them out on an actual Epson TM-T88IV receipt printer... and unfortunately they were too small to print out correctly. Luckily I was able to convert the images to TIF format using Adobe Acrobat Pro, and then using Microsoft Office Picture Manager I was able to crop them and remove the outside border (say what you will about MS products, but this utility has one of the best crop features I've seen, and it will let you do manual pixel by pixel adjustments very easily.) After I did that, they printed flawlessly. Here's a couple of shots of the printouts:

The pic captures were done quick and dirty with a document camera I had easy access to, so they are not the best, but hopefully it will give you an idea of what an actual receipt printout looks like - not so clean and pristine as your PDF files. Wink

You may notice there are two printouts for the Mercer receipt... the second one is cut automatically by the printer and so is cropped close to the end of the text, while the first one I manually fed forward and then tore from the printer - you can see the jaggies of the cutter at the bottom of it. I only point this out because I feel it makes it that much more real looking - since it really is a printed receipt. Unfortunately the only drawback to using this printer is it doesn't do color, so I was unable to duplicate the nice red outline of liquor receipt and I didn't even bother to try to print the bank statement since it had so much color to it.

If I played around with it I could probably get the outline of the logo and the SEC.4 text of the liquor receipt lighter so that I could trace it using a red felt pen to make it look more like ocd's original.

I think these came out very well and I thank ocd for his work on the originals and the fact that he made them available for free.

In this same spirit, I'd like to make the offer that if anyone would like their own copies of real printed receipts I'd be more than happy to print them for you for free! All I ask in return is that you pay for the postage (or possibly provide digital images in trade - I'm still working on my collection!) I checked and PayPal will accept payments for as low as $.50 - I'm not certain if they'll go lower since I know first class US postage is only $.44, but hey...it's really not that big of a deal. Actually if I only get a few requests I'll more than likely just pay for the postage out of my own pocket, but if I get a fair amount of requests and people want multiple copies then I will need to charge for the postage.

I'll print as many copies of each receipt as you want as long as it is within reason (2-10 copies per.) I will also print the bank statement as well if you want but I'll have to play with it a bit just to make sure it comes out OK without it being in color. Also if you'd prefer them hand torn vs. auto printer cut I have no problem doing that either. Just let me know what you'd like.

I'd like to point out since these are real printer receipts printed on a thermal roll printer, the printouts WILL fade over time if exposed to sunlight, excessive heat or UV lighting. Just like the receipt you had for an XBOX 360 that you left on the front seat of your car, and now that the XBOX is giving you the Ring of Death you're SOL because the receipt has turned black. Sucks to be you! Heheh...

PM me for your requests. Thanks!

Scoff
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good paper props there Scoff and thanks for the offer to members on this board Cool
punctated
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Scoff. I received my receipts yesterday and they are very cool.

Thomas
SCOFFMAN
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

punctated wrote:
Thank you Scoff. I received my receipts yesterday and they are very cool.

Thomas

You're welcome! Glad you liked them.

The offer still stands; if anyone else would like copies of the receipts I can still print them out and will mail them to you for free in US.

Scoff
jameth
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love some. PM on the way.

Thank you so much
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello ocd,

To get your images to show, simply paste your link, highlight the link, then click the button labled Img and it will wrap your photo link in [img][/img] tags.

I went ahead and edited your post so your photo would show.

I hope that helps

Tom
SCOFFMAN
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in case anyone is still interested, I have three sets left of the receipts already printed. They really do make great & cheap (free) wallet stuffers!
jameth
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get them, I got them, they rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: