FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Please welcome morganthirteen as a new Community Guide.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amish
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:34 pm    Post subject: Please welcome morganthirteen as a new Community Guide. Reply with quote

Hello all,

I have know Shawn (morganthirteen) for probably 7-8 years now. He has been a long time member here mostly lurking in the background, but I think many of you know of him or have seen his strengths elsewhere on many other forums.

Shawn is a very down to earth person, he is a good friend who I have met on more than one occasion, he has a great head on his shoulders that allows him to look at things from all sides without passing premature judgement, he knows a hell of a lot about props, blade runner, aliens, and people in general.

In short, Shawn is a really good person who I trust and have always looked to for advice. I am very excited he has accepted the invitation to join here as a Community Guide. I think he brings great energy to the position and will aid us all in making sure Propsummit remains a place where people can gather as a community and talk about the things we love.

Please join me in welcoming morganthirteen (Shawn).

Tom
Staar
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Please welcome morganthirteen as a new Community Guide. Reply with quote

Welcome indeed Shawn and best wishes..

Highest regards

MARK

morganthirteen
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Mark!

Tom, Thank you again for the invitation and your very kind introduction.

As some of you may or may not know I have been active in the replica prop world since 1993, and have enjoyed the hobby as both a collector and builder. My love of film covers every genre, particularly horror, fantasy, and of course, science fiction.

BLADE RUNNER in particular remains a film I never tire of viewing. I've spent hundreds of hours attempting to replicate it's various props, putting together replicas built by supremely artists like Rick Ross, and generally obsessing over almost every aspect of it.

To date, my own minor contributions to the world of BLADE RUNNER have been the replica PKD pistol used for the Westwood One Video Game and the Syd Mead Concept Blaster (a new version of which is in the works).

I'm grateful for the opportunity to serve this forum and look forward to expanding my circle of friends.

Shawn
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Shawn, glad to have you here not only as a long time member of this forum (as well as your beautiful props) but now, also, as a community guide to this great forum and its people
doppelganger01
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Shawn!

This is good news! Welcome! I may have already told you this, but your BR gun was the first one that I ever owned and it was inspirational to me in making one for myself. I bought it at Village Comics in NYC back in 1996. It was a very nice kit and I really liked that gun, but unfortunately lost it in a fire in 2000.

Rick

www.reddragonkipplecompany.com
www.pflagerkatsumata.com
www.ricklross.com
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will have to officially welcome Shawn too. Anybody who knows Shawn knows what a truly good guy he is, but also what a talented propmaker and craftsman he is. He also has an important part of the history of Blade Runner props, as Rick has stated before, he made an early replica of the gun out of wood (which I own the wood master of thanks to Shawn), that was cast into a very popular kit in the early 90's. It is also famous for being the gun used on the cover of the Westwood Blade Runner video game.

Those that also own his version of Syd Mead's concept gun for the movie can also attest to the craftsmanship this guy has, but also his desire to make unique items that other propmakers have never touched. This also includes work doing replicas of props for Alien (Rexim Favor Nostromo Pistol), Terminator 2 (Endo rifle), as well as stuff for Star Wars and 5th Element. Still I think it might be his ability to interact with all the diverse personalities in the prop maker/collector world that I have admired the most.

It will be great to have you here Shawn, and even though you have allready been a part of the family, I want to thank you for willing to be a bigger part of this family here.

Andy
Mitch Magnum PKD
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy to see that you're the right man for the job, Shawn...
A sincere Congratulations and a warm Welcome to you in this new position and with the responsibilities it involves.
Cheers,
Mitch
clutch
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're alright in my book. Smile
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't be happier to have Shawn joining us as a guide. I'm a big fan.

Matsuo
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're all doomed!

Actually probably only just me...LOL

M
moogybaby
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pleased to meet you, Shawn.

Looking forward to getting to know you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: