FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
ERTL spinners set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OUTLAW
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:14 pm    Post subject: ERTL spinners set. Reply with quote

Just managed to win these on eBay, been searching for the full set for a while, never seen them in Spain before and are probably scarce in Europe. Nice box art too (note - no gun)

SCOFFMAN
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool! Congrats on the win!
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm jealous!
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spinners yeah!...

Congrats on the pick up. I still remember being in high school in 85' and seeing these still in Kay Bee toy stores on sale for pennies. I am mad at myself for not picking them all up. Like the 18" Alien a few years earlier that sat on shelves, the marketing of a "toy" tie line to an 'R' rated movie made for a very collectible and valuable set of items years later.

Andy
AaronD82
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw this auction the other day Smile

Gratz on the win!
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good buy indeed!
amfx74
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice buy OUTLAW. They look in great condition.
dcarty
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent score! My kid brother still has Deckard's car that he bought when we were kids (and I'm still trying to coax it off him--lol)

andy wrote:
I still remember being in high school in 85' and seeing these still in Kay Bee toy stores on sale for pennies. I am mad at myself for not picking them all up. Like the 18" Alien a few years earlier that sat on shelves, the marketing of a "toy" tie line to an 'R' rated movie made for a very collectible and valuable set of items years later.
Andy

Oh, man, tell me about it! The things I "coulda-shoulda" bought. I remember seeing the Alien on clearance and wasn't able to buy one. One time--I kid you not--the local Lionel PlayWorld had an entire endcap full of 12" IG-88's priced at $1.98 each. To this day it mystifies me why I didn't buy one.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss my 12"(+) IG-88. It was a cool robot figure, but I sold it along with most of my other SW stuff almost 10 years ago now. I also remember end caps at Kmart with SW POTF figures with coins on them at the same time period as the BR cars. The only toys I think I bought back then were Lazer Tag when I found them on clearance. I still have a ton of those in storage. Not too many people saw those things as having value as collectibles back then. Now everything is treated as a collectible, but unfortunately that is what ruins their values. That everybody saves them instead of throwing them away, or just even playing with them.

I remember the reason I think I never picked up the BR cars back then is that I was just starting to really get the bug for that movie, but not fully into it yet, and I didn't have the money on me to get them, but I do remember wanting them. I think it may have been a few years earlier than I thought now too. Closer to 82', and then I must have seen them in the mall when I was with friends and just pretty much buying record albums at the time. A few years later I came across the "Blade Runner:A Story of the Future" YA book in a dollar store. I bought $10 worth, but wish now I had borrowed money from my grandparents to buy all of them. I only have one left now.

Andy
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: