FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Los Angeles November 2019 foot traffic costume

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Costumes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BR26354
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:23 pm    Post subject: Los Angeles November 2019 foot traffic costume Reply with quote

Ok, continuing on the Russian connection--two, maybe a few "extras" are wearing 2019 versions of First World War Russian greatcoats, "bashlyks" wrapped around their heads; and a black "kubanka" fur cap, with a badge on the front of the hat I have not identified--yet.

First capture is a gentleman in the Russian uniform items in Blade Runner; 2 is a WW1 field-color "bashlyk" on it's own, unworn; 3 is an illustration of a pre-WW1 Russian soldier, all kitted out, showing the bashlyk worn OVER his kubanka hat.
When I'm finished with the Ripley jacket, and the Brett jacket, I will turn my creative skills to getting this ensemble ready by Halloween 2011
BR25354

joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eager to see that costume take shape
BR26354
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joberg wrote:
Eager to see that costume take shape

Very Happy Thank you! Should be pretty cool in the end.
Metrokab
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neat.

I'm interested in seeing how this turns out, as well...the costumes worn by BR extras are an endless source of inspiration. There's so much detail there.
BR26354
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Metrokab wrote:
Neat.

I'm interested in seeing how this turns out, as well...the costumes worn by BR extras are an endless source of inspiration. There's so much detail there.

It should be relatively do-able for me; I have some of the items from having reenacted a First World War Russian soldier, a few years ago. The othr items I need can be "home made", or purchased from an online Russian vendor who I know.
I'm still trying to identify the "kubanka" fur cap emblem, but it APPEARS to be also WW1-era Russian.
SKIN JOB 66
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea for a costume, I can't wait to see your updates !!!

Fred
Krgacitrika

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, thank you, thank you very much BR26354.
Since the first time that I saw these "extras" on the streets, I'm trying to find some pictures, or whatever about them. Your post is great.
A lot of information...thank you very much.
I'm designing my first own collection as a fashion designer, and basically, I took the inspiration from Blade Runner. Specially, in the street scenes, where appears a real mix of different cultures.

Thank you very much. Your information is great. I'll check this post after, for check if you found some new information about the emblems of the fur cap.

I hope you won't be annoyed about I use your information, you know.
When I'll finish my collection, I suppose that I'll upload a post with a lot of pictures and drawings, maybe that can be useful for someone. The feedback is necessary, I guess.

Imanol.
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news Imanol; I love fashion and have made and design my clothes in the past. (not anymore...no time Wink ). Inspiration is everywhere and in the streets most often then not. Good luck with your show and don't be shy to post pictures.
photek
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey BR26354,

for what its worth, my grandfather WAS one of those guys ... he fought in WWI and was an armored train commander during the Russian Revolution (he fought for Nicholas II in the White Army). i have found a few old black and white photos of him and his men at various stages of the era. not sure if they are of use, but PM me if you are interested. all of my grandfather's medals, saber, and epaulets are still on display in a small Russian History museum in San Francisco.

i can email you what photos i have if it helps to round out your period pieces. i'll also ask my dad about the badge on the fur cap (i'm guessing it could be the star cluster version of one the Order(s) of Saint Anna, George, Alexander Nevsky ... but i'll check on the one most commonly worn on the sable at the time).
BR26354
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krgacitrika wrote:
Thank you, thank you, thank you very much BR26354.
Since the first time that I saw these "extras" on the streets, I'm trying to find some pictures, or whatever about them. Your post is great.
A lot of information...thank you very much.
I'm designing my first own collection as a fashion designer, and basically, I took the inspiration from Blade Runner. Specially, in the street scenes, where appears a real mix of different cultures.

Thank you very much. Your information is great. I'll check this post after, for check if you found some new information about the emblems of the fur cap.

I hope you won't be annoyed about I use your information, you know.
When I'll finish my collection, I suppose that I'll upload a post with a lot of pictures and drawings, maybe that can be useful for someone. The feedback is necessary, I guess.

Imanol.

Senor, no problem, you are welcome to use what I have discerned and posted here, of course!
BR26354
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

photek wrote:
hey BR26354,

for what its worth, my grandfather WAS one of those guys ... he fought in WWI and was an armored train commander during the Russian Revolution (he fought for Nicholas II in the White Army). i have found a few old black and white photos of him and his men at various stages of the era. not sure if they are of use, but PM me if you are interested. all of my grandfather's medals, saber, and epaulets are still on display in a small Russian History museum in San Francisco.

i can email you what photos i have if it helps to round out your period pieces. i'll also ask my dad about the badge on the fur cap (i'm guessing it could be the star cluster version of one the Order(s) of Saint Anna, George, Alexander Nevsky ... but i'll check on the one most commonly worn on the sable at the time).

photek,
I envy you your heritage! Very cool, IMHO. Yes, I am interested in whatever you care to share with me.
BR26354
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Costumes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: