FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Where's "995"victor-d?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mitch Magnum PKD
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:31 pm    Post subject: Where's "995"victor-d? Reply with quote

Hey guys,
Uh... not trying to be an alarmist here or anything, but I figured I'd just ask in case anyone knew...

Has anyone heard from Member "995"victor-d (a.k.a. Vito) lately?
Really nice fella who's from Connecticut and spent 20 as a Corpsman with the USMC (if Im remembering that part correctly)

On June 30th he had requested to purchase the Offworld MFG M2019 Blaster Replica I was selling (and we'd made arrangements for him to pay via Paypal by a July 7th... then our plan was that I'd mail the piece to him while I'm visiting the States on July 22nd - which will be tomorrow) ...but I haven't heard from him since July 8th when he apologized for the delay and mentioned being in transit to the CONUS from Bagram AFB... he also said that he intended to send his Paypal payment on Tuesday, July the 12th... but that never happened.

This isn't a Seller/Buyer problem or anything... I'm not trying to track him down to say "I thought we had a deal?"... if he'd like to back out of the purchase that's not a problem at all...
But I'm not sure what IS happening.
Frankly, I'm just a little worried about the guy kinda' disappearing.

His last posts in any of the regular Threads was on June 29th... In one of them, he mentioned being "on the mend as well"...but there's been nothing since then except the Private Messages I mentioned above.
I've also sent him a PM to ask what's up, but he doesn't appear to have read it.
I'm a Member of another Forum that sometimes allows you to see the Date & Time of the last Forum VISIT by a Member (whether they posted or not)... but if there's a way to see this info here at propsummit I'm not sure what - or where - it is.

Anyway, I know that sometimes in Web Communities like this there are Members who also know each other "outside" of these forums. I'm just wondering if anyone can confirm whether he's okay... Hope so.

Thanks for reading...
Hoping "Victor Delta's" doing alright.
Fox
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the function to see when someone had last logged on has been enabled. Maybe Amish could help with that. You can see when someone posted last by looking at their profile, and clicking to see there posts. If he is in the service, it is very possible he is somewhere where he can not post right now. I do hope he is okay too.

Andy
nonner242
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if you dont get ahold of him. Id gladly take it off your hands..
Where are you going to be stateside anyhow?
Its very HOT in the North central/east right now. We just had a 98 degree day that really was more like 112 with the humidity.
Be prepaired when you come over..
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully everything is well with him; keep us posted.
Mitch Magnum PKD
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andy wrote:
I don't think the function to see when someone had last logged on has been enabled. Maybe Amish could help with that. You can see when someone posted last by looking at their profile, and clicking to see there posts. If he is in the service, it is very possible he is somewhere where he can not post right now. I do hope he is okay too.
Andy

Exactly, Andy... that's what I'm saying. Maybe the guy's just gotten sidetracked. If I'd seen something that indicated that he'd last visited the Boards just a few days ago, I'd simply think "*phew* Okay, so at least he's alright and visiting the website... maybe the deal just isn't going to happen" No problem there.
But as you say, first and foremost I hope the guy's okay.

nonner242 wrote:
Well if you dont get ahold of him. Id gladly take it off your hands..
Where are you going to be stateside anyhow?
Its very HOT in the North central/east right now. We just had a 98 degree day that really was more like 112 with the humidity.
Be prepaired when you come over..

nonner242, although I didn't start this Thread just to complete a sale, I'm probably open to letting you have it. I say this because my deal with Vito was dependant on me mailing it to him from within the states (and tomorrow) so we would avoid dealing with Customs - and he knew that, too.
Either way, I'm leaving tomorrow morning and in the U.S. in the afternoon. Going to visit my brother in Maine for a few days and intended to mail it once I was there.
Weather should be not TOO far off of what we've got in Nova Scotia, though (Awww...who am I kiddin?) Wink
Anyway, if you're interested and you'd like to send me a PM for PayPal info, that's be great... You might even recall that YOU actually contacted me about this item before, but I'd just started dealing with Vito a few hours before.
But I guess the fact is that the date for payment that Vito and I agreed on has long passed. Confused
If we can get the details worked out tonight, I can be ready to mail it to you tomorrow afternoon.

joberg wrote:
Hopefully everything is well with him; keep us posted.

Definitely.
If he sends me any sort of follow-up, I'll be VERY happy to share the good news that he's checking in.

"995"victor-d
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: "995"-victor-d Checkin back in Reply with quote

deleted

Last edited by "995"victor-d on Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very glad to hear you are okay Vito.

Andy
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you have reported for duty 995 Victor-d...light duty for now until you're A. ok Wink
nonner242
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Victor glad to see your still ALIVE!
No the gun is yours if you act on it soon. I was only acting upon it since there was no reply....As long as your here its yours.
Mitch is still in the states and can mail it out to you. But you should contact him ASAP. He will be heading back soon. So jump on it man.
Stay outta sand boxes!
Mitch Magnum PKD
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll add here portions of what I just wrote a short time ago to Vito in a pm:

I'm SO relieved to get this message (well, these TWO messages) from you!
CLOSE call, my friend! As I said, I'm very glad to get this message from you... Please take care of yourself and follow those annoying orders you get from those doctors!
I can't emphasize enough how (the issue of the Blaster Sale) doesn't really matter either way, the IMPORTANT thing is that you're back on your feet! This news has really given me a lift, THANK YOU Vito for letting me know!

Very happy to get this news!
Very Happy
Mitch Magnum PKD
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more thing...

Just wanted to make it clear that Vito and I have been in communication several times today and on top of everything else the man has going on, he's offered to purchase the Blaster I'm selling as originally agreed.

Certainly a guy who keeps his word even with all that's going on in his life.

Stay WELL, Vito.

nonner242
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im happy it worked out for you both.
I also got a message from Vito, seems like a great guy. I hope he enjoys his new blaster too.
Just take care of yourself buddy.
Its just nice to see things work out well for good people sometimes. Very Happy
"995"victor-d
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:38 pm    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

deleted

Last edited by "995"victor-d on Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is why this place is so great Very Happy

Andy
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> The Coffee Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: