FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Deckard 1/6 scale clothing

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Costumes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeastMaster
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 1:28 pm    Post subject: Deckard 1/6 scale clothing Reply with quote

Over at the sideshow forums someone has done a take on more accurate versions of clothing for the deckard figure:

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51297

would be great even just to get a more accurate shirt and tie for the android hunter. Maybe someone here knows a tailor that could do a run Smile I've got a good version of the shirt pattern if anyone can get it printed onto cloth.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is awesome. I was a member there a long time ago for a very brief time. Not too much interested me until This. I wish I had stuck it out, or they were a member here. The accurate clothing in scale is something I often felt lacking in the Android Hunter figure. Digitally printed fabrics might work well for this. Thanks for pointing it out.

Andy
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing Beast! Very cool indeed Cool
propsjonnyb
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Beast , if you have the pattern, you can get this silk screen printed on to any suitable base material , the plates are what cost the most to make in the overall process , but once you've established the cost, it's then a question of how many you want printing up. I did this sometime ago ( about 5 years) so costs probably have gone up somewhat, but I had some 12 yards of fabric screened and it cost me appx £10 per sq yard.
BeastMaster
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats pretty cheap for a yard! could easily get the shirt and tie printed up. Though how does the patterning work? do they just tile the pattern you give them so it covers the area? if so not sure how to incorperate the shirt and tie pattern on the same cloth.
Alice Adrenochrome
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have an idea where and how to get hold of patterns to sew these 1/6 scale cloths?
Aguirre
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish someone here who wasn’t a ‘freak’ would produce a nice set of clothes, I tried to contact the maker for this outfit through the sideshow forum (when it was in production) and was totally ignored, I think you had to be one of the ‘in’ geeks over there to get a response… bunch of putzes if you ask me, but that’s what you get when trying to deal with overpriced (sideshow) toy collectors.
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with these people... Crying or Very sad
Guess they weren't interested in your business Confused too bad for them.
Lt Dan
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aguirre wrote:
I wish someone here who wasn’t a ‘freak’ would produce a nice set of clothes, I tried to contact the maker for this outfit through the sideshow forum (when it was in production) and was totally ignored, I think you had to be one of the ‘in’ geeks over there to get a response… bunch of putzes if you ask me, but that’s what you get when trying to deal with overpriced (sideshow) toy collectors.

Well speaking with my 'freak' (or "putz" if you would prefer Laughing ) hat on, the maker concerned was only doing a limited run of the Deckard clothing (30, I think). The "list" was filled very quickly (and I didn't get on the list either). However, you were better off out of that one. From what I understand, it would seem he took on too many projects and some people are getting refunds rather than the items ordered.
Re being an '‘in’ geek' to get a reponse: one thing to consider, is that he would probably have been receiving dozens of PMs about that and other projects. Responding to every one would take time out from when he would otherwise be making stuff, or doing real life things, e.g. work, family... Or it could just be that his PM box was full, (there's a limit of 100 PMs in and out, on the forum).
I haven't always had a response from individuals who make high demand custom stuff, but I can understand why. Smile

But, back on topic, yes, I wish someone would make a better (and affordable) set of 1/6 clothing for Deckard.
The tie pattern is fairly straightforward, but I wish I could find a pattern for the shirt material and I would have a go at making my own. I'm happy enough with the rest of the Android Hunter clothes tho'.
Bendzhamin1967
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would PERSONALLY like a 1/6 scale version of the black powersuit Rachael wears... but have seen firsthand how much a pain in the arse it is to get these done. Crying or Very sad

Last edited by Bendzhamin1967 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guys on the sideshow board are hobbyists, not businesses that farm their labor out to China and India. The costumes can take hundreds of hours to make, and if paid by the hour, would cost a fortune. Not to mention take up the lives of people making them. They often offer up their services only after being begged to, and then get beat up for not making them quickly and cheaply enough. I think all of us would have an attitude with this. It sounds like he bit off more than he could chew, and his response to you is more because of others before you giving him a hard time. At this point the only way to get him to make more would be to offer up an obscene amount of money for them. Maybe he could be persuaded to offer up the patterns for them, and let others make them themselves. Just thinking about doing them myself is giving me carpel tunnel though. Wink

Maybe someday a small Japanese company will have them made, but remember, the actual Android Hunter figure did not sell very well. Set up costs to have them made in a sweatshop would not justify the sales very likely. A lot of effort and time would have to be put into making something that would have very few rewards. The only real chance I think of this happening is that if a sequel does get made, and then the films get licensed.

Andy
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Costumes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: