FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Tomenosuke Pro Barrel removal

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hauptmann
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:10 am    Post subject: Tomenosuke Pro Barrel removal Reply with quote

In an effort to help get steel barrels made for the Tomenosuke Pro, I have tried to remove the barrel from my replica, with no success so far.

I haven't tried anything except a tug by hand on the barrel, after removing all the surrounding parts, and don't want to try anything radical without more info for fear of damaging either the bulldog frame or barrel itself.

Has anyone here been successful in removing the barrel on this replica, or have any knowledge on how to do it without causing damage to the prop?

Any assistance would be appreciated!

Jeff H.
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe TKY2019 could help you in that matter...just shot him a PM Wink
noble
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give Helder22 a PM.

On Page 18 on the Tom Pro thread, he has pictures of it deconstructed.

He's in NorCal.

http://www.propsummit.com/viewtopic.php?t=2228&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=340
hauptmann
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not "deconstructed" enough. The barrel was still on the pistol frame.

I want to know how to safely remove the barrel from the frame.
seesinsilhouette
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:52 am    Post subject: Barrel removal Reply with quote

I've replaced my barrel with a Mspaw steel one. I'm afraid to say the only way is to cut all the way through with a jewellers saw. You will find a steel " tang" in the centre. The barrel will pull off this but removing the tang from the frame is a real pain. Work slowly and carefully around the edge of the tang with a hacksaw blade and fine files until you've cut up to the edge of the tang. Then using a micro drill drill alongside the "tip" of the tang all the way throughout the plastic. Repeat until the tang is loose. I had to drill a load more out afterward to fit the lug of mspaw's barrel and it took about 3 hours in total, but it did work!

I also had to redrill and tap the receiver holes in the barrel as they had a slightly different alignment.

Hope that's of use to you
hauptmann
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! That is very useful, but it sounds like maybe more work than I'm interested in for not that big of a benefit. One of the things I really like about this piece is that the fit of all the parts is fantastic. I'm not sure I could swap a barrel cleanly retaining that clean fit with all that needs done.

The reason to remove the barrel was to give Michael an example to copy in making steel ones that would swap easily and quickly with the plastic one. Not convinced that's even possible. If cutting is required I don't see how the existing barrel can be removed intact for copying.

If anyone has any thoughts on how this could be accomplised, I'd love to hear.
hirohawa
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: Barrel removal Reply with quote

seesinsilhouette wrote:
I've replaced my barrel with a Mspaw steel one. I'm afraid to say the only way is to cut all the way through with a jewellers saw. You will find a steel " tang" in the centre. The barrel will pull off this but removing the tang from the frame is a real pain. Work slowly and carefully around the edge of the tang with a hacksaw blade and fine files until you've cut up to the edge of the tang. Then using a micro drill drill alongside the "tip" of the tang all the way throughout the plastic. Repeat until the tang is loose. I had to drill a load more out afterward to fit the lug of mspaw's barrel and it took about 3 hours in total, but it did work!

I also had to redrill and tap the receiver holes in the barrel as they had a slightly different alignment.

Hope that's of use to you

Any Pics?

Would love to see it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner Blaster Information and Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: