FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Deckards holster conversion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided on using a needle drill to premake the thread holes, and to help keep them uniform. I always have to do things the hard way...well not always Cool
IGNITERS
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: cut.... Reply with quote

so I cut the leather and treated the edges....I figure that the edge of the leather should have that smooth edge,I used heat and shoe polish...a little bit of wax too ,alternating each till the edge was smooth and almost plastic feeling.
Am I doing this right?
still need to head to the shoe maker for stitching.....I will post photos soon.
eltee
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The shoe repair shop should be able to burnish the edges nicely. They have a shoemakers machine that does that, like when you get shoes resoled.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pics of my holsters...

On the left is the standard 1001 that I am converting to a waist belt holster, The middle is a 1001 4" 44 holster, and the right is a 1000 for a large auto that I have the unpainted snub body in.

Here are some pics of the produced large revolver crossdraw waist holster...

Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's both sides of the Holster I bought from Phil Steinschneider some time ago...

And the first glimpse of my modified Sid-Kit...almost finished!
steevy
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anybody gotten a Hartford holster?I've seen them on the Japanese website...15.400 yen $133...check out the Hartford page I don't read Japanese but it seems the snub is up for sale now....
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His looks kinda small. My 1001 long barrel fits perfectly(cut down), The 1001 4" barrel fits very well too, but not as perfectly. The Bryant one that used to be at screenused.com is converted from the 1001 long barrel, because it doesn't have the radical taper that the short barrel does. A leather worker has promised to help me finish the waist belt holster (Deckard style), but I may end up just finishing it myself if I can get the supplies from him. Another friend who offered to help I had to turn down because his craftsmanship and experience was not quite there yet.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steevy wrote:
Has anybody gotten a Hartford holster?I've seen them on the Japanese website...15.400 yen $133...check out the Hartford page I don't read Japanese but it seems the snub is up for sale now....

If you look at the diagram on the Hartford site you will see the name of our own resident Hartford expert and Blade Runner fan film maker Noeland Collins.
Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't mean to sound defensive but my holster fits my Blaster just fine and when I compare it to holster pics from the movie they seem to be virtually idential.
Can someone please post another link to this "Hartfords" web-site?
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.hartford.co.jp/m2019/index.htm

I tend to link it through babel fish because it is Japanese. I get a kick out of the translations of 'blaster' into "cancer/gun"....

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/trurl_pagecontent?lp=ja_en&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hartford.co.jp%2Fm2019%2Findex.htm
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like they have a few new pics up I haven't seen. I was told that snubby is just the prototype, but that was over a year and a half ago. Who knows, it'll probably end up being the production model too.

I have created a few other snubby and full size designs nobody has seen before too. I'll probably talk to Conety to see if they're interested in creating any of them, but man, they work slow. Wink

That translation is beyond hilarious!

"Collins person being something the no land"--------------
steevy
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I understand the Japanese text better than the translation..LOL
Rustyn242
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:42 pm    Post subject: the Knob debaucle Reply with quote

Umm, what was the Knob debaucle ? Should this be a thing or person(?) to avoid?
You can PM me if that's better if anyone wants to shed some light on this at rustynbirch_at_hotmail_dot_com
- Rustyn242 Rolling Eyes
Once-bitten
Banned!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you be more specific? What knob debaucle/person are you talking about?
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: the Knob debaucle Reply with quote

Rustyn242 wrote:
Umm, what was the Knob debaucle ? Should this be a thing or person(?) to avoid?
You can PM me if that's better if anyone wants to shed some light on this at rustynbirch_at_hotmail_dot_com
- Rustyn242 Rolling Eyes

I am the person who found the scope knob that was used on the Worldcon version of the Gun. I am not sure what you are referring to especially since it is way off topic in this thread. If you wish we can move it and make a new thread for this, There are no forbidden topics on this site, we expect all information to be freely given if possible. Are you talking about Siderio needing the scope knob perhaps? Or the issues after I released the information on the RPF? In any case it doesn't belong here.
Rustyn242
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was something that showed up on the first page of this thread.
I think it was a post from Andy (?)

"Posted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:00 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
I PM you with the info. After the Knob debaucle I don't think I want the info public just yet. The info is easy enough to find though."

When I first read it I thought it may have been about a person...
I've read some people have been banned from the forums mostly from taking freely posted stuff and selling it on ebay for ridiculous prices. I'm all for banning people like that as well.
But My post isn't that important - I think I just misunderstood the post.
thanks again, Rustyn242 Embarassed
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I should have read back. It had to do with what happened after I posted the Knob information on the RPF and a few individuals there went a bit crazy. It has long since settled down. I was also unaware at the time that the holster information was already public knowledge, but I have no plans on showing off my holsters there, because there a few people there that would still go a bit crazy anyway. As far as I care it all settles back anyway, as example the scope with the correct knobs can often be had at under $20 still, Charles Wallace is no longer selling the BR IDs, and even Graphlexs can be had for less than $50 on eBay. If people want to learn about BR props they usually make it over here sooner or later. The quick buck profiteers usually stay at the RPF. So if you want any inside info, you need to keep checking prosummit because I post a lot of exclusive stuff here. Smile
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it looks like some one is reading the threads here for sure. Maybe a member or Guest, but this auction for another Safariland 1001 went for a lot more than mine did.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180154701836&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:US:112

The winning bidder also bid on and won a Weaver scope with the correct knob. Of course the other bidder seemed liked they weren't focused on BR related stuff, just gun stuff. So it has value outside of BR as well I suppose. I am curious to see if it is a regular here or just a visitor. If it was a member I say awesome pick up. If not I am okay with it too. If I had posted this info on the RPF I am sure the price would have been a lot higher, and I would rather share this info to those that are willing to search it out here. If it is a member I do hope to see the finished prop and holster shown here soon.

Mine as it turns out is going to be part of my Halloween costume for a private party as Gaff. Considering my current living situation, it has limited the type of prop construction I can do. The Deckard holster is next on my list and I am back on it. Gaff has become my focus for now though.
oldzey
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy,

Is that the MIM M2019 in the standard 1001 holster?

Thanks,
oldzey
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is the Offworld M2019.

I want to note that the Hartford also calls it's gun the m2019 as well as the Chief's (or Chef's) Special. I also do not believe Monsters in Motion is the creator of the gun, but just the main retailer. I think the theory that Parks Sabers might have been involved with it's creation might be correct.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: