FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Deleted and Alternate scenes discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
docatomic
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...New to the boards, figure it's time to stop lurking...

I loved seeing all the additional scenes, as well as the documentary. I can't say I actually loved all the scenes themselves, though. I thought the conversation between Bryant and Gaff felt forced and didn't actually contribute to their characters. Plus, the writing was a little weak compared to what actually made it into the final shooting script.

I know that, according to the voice over, Bryant was supposed to be the kind of guy who'd spy on a cop in the hospital, looking for dirt and stuff. But I think he works better as more of a subtle character... Not afraid to strong-arm Deckard into going back to work, but in more of an "I'm just doing my job" sort of way. Not quite so sinister.

And Gaff... It felt like too much information. I like not knowing what makes the man tick. He's a lot more interesting when he remains enigmatic and... well... weird. Smile

Still, lots of fun to watch!
IGNITERS
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: my input... Reply with quote

I was also pleasently surprised by the way they strung it all together helped with the context ....and explained to me why after a 2 story climb to the top of sebastians building it suddenly became such a tall building....when they show both pris and deckard arriving at the bradbury you can see the ground they are on is more of a roof itself ( ya see cars zoomin by through the holes...) am I crazy or am I missing something....gotta agree on the alternate narration ( PEEYOU!) glad they went with a rewrite REALLY GLAD ,I am a fan of both the narration and the DC and I gotta say it was bad even for somebody that enjoys it. That whole release 5 disc set is unbelievable,the amount of stuff on there will take a while to use up...I just spent 2 days watching disc 1 , 2 and 4 so much material it started to seem like overkill,no wait , not overkill ...sencory overload ! TRY to space out your viewing ,stretch you legs ,go out for some noodles! maybe a drink at some sleazy uptown strip bar !
phase pistol
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: my input... Reply with quote

IGNITERS wrote:
I was also pleasently surprised by the way they strung it all together helped with the context ....and explained to me why after a 2 story climb to the top of sebastians building it suddenly became such a tall building....when they show both pris and deckard arriving at the bradbury you can see the ground they are on is more of a roof itself ( ya see cars zoomin by through the holes...) am I crazy or am I missing something....gotta agree on the alternate narration ( PEEYOU!) glad they went with a rewrite REALLY GLAD ,I am a fan of both the narration and the DC and I gotta say it was bad even for somebody that enjoys it. That whole release 5 disc set is unbelievable,the amount of stuff on there will take a while to use up...I just spent 2 days watching disc 1 , 2 and 4 so much material it started to seem like overkill,no wait , not overkill ...sencory overload ! TRY to space out your viewing ,stretch you legs ,go out for some noodles! maybe a drink at some sleazy uptown strip bar !

So, basically, what you're saying is, you need the streets, and you need food.

IGNITERS
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: or.. Reply with quote

or ... a kick ass washing machine ! lol
lel74
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has to be (for me) the best version next to the Final cut. It adds more depth to the envronment and characters, even the voice over fits. To someone who hasn't seen Blade Runner... show them this cut then the Final cut a few weeks later.

I'd like to hear a voice over "opition" feature for future BR movies.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: