FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Open Letter to All

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
propsjonnyb
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:45 am    Post subject: Open Letter to All Reply with quote

Open Letter to All
It is with much regret that I have to announce my immediate retirement from this wonderful hobby of ours, as many of you know I suffered earlier this year from a period of illness , unfortunately this has been diagnosed as incurable and one of the complications I now have is early onset arthritis , it has now become very difficult for me to handle tools with any precision , it is also difficult to type and write, which is why I am dictating this to someone else to type and post on the forum . I have been endeavouring to contact people to make arrangements to settle all my outstanding business , this has been slow for me and I have contacted and negotiated with all but three . Someone saw fit to publish my work e-mail address , so I know someone has been trying to contact me , unfortunately due to my companies internal policy on personal mail, it is impossible for me to read or reply to those mails, the person who published that knew this , so please either resend your mail with full contact details to propsjonnyb@gmail.com or my personal email address johnwbullock@btinternet.com , I have not moved, so my home address is still the same, neither have I change my home phone number 01295 760461,so if you believe you have a problem with me , they please ring or mail or get in contact as I have replied to almost everyone who has contacted me direct , I grant you it has not been the fastest response, as I have more bad days than good , but I have replied and will still reply, until I am nailed in my box.
I simply stopped posting on the forum - nothing else - and I did so because my condition was depressing me as I could not participate in a hobby I’ve been actively engaged in for the last 30 years , it hurt a lot, so I distanced myself , so for that I’m sorry, I like to say thank you to those who have contact me , I don’t want any sympathy letters or mails , others are far worse off than me , I am starting another course of treatment on the 23rd December so physically will not be around until the New Year , so let me wish you all an early Happy Christmas and Happy New Year.
photek
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Propsjonnyb,
I have been away for a while too ... (a loss of my own), however, I know you have been a pillar of our esteemed community here. I read this a short while ago after coming back from some time time away and was really sad at this news. I took some time to think about it, and despite your lack of wanting for sympathy, I can only offer only that from my person.

I think over the course of my humble involvement here at our wonderful community, that we have interacted on occasion, but I know that many a time, your insights and contributions have been invaluable as we try to quench our endless thirst for knowledge of all things BR.

I don't wish to drone on, but only to wish you white light and positive vibrations from one of your virtual pals here at 'The Summit'

As a consummate optimist, I can only hope to hear that the universe shall smile on you in some way - known to us or otherwise. I apologize for not respecting your wishes for no sympathy, but this is in fact a tight group of good souls and when one is down, we are all down.

I sincerely wish you a better tomorrow on your journey with the hope of a recovery and most of all, that you find yourself surrounded with only peace and love.

Be well.
- Paul
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: