FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Blade Runner Prequel/Sequel
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lel74
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:31 am    Post subject: Looking good Reply with quote

Finaly Total Recall gets a total re-do. I am looking forward to a Replicant world with new Blade Runners, and having that same feeling like we never left Los Angeles 2019.
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems they borrowed a lot from BR, but also from other genres (video games for example)...and their new flying cars look good Cool
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see a bit of 5th Element in there too, as well as Inception.

Andy
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right on those Andy, I'd like to add Minority Report as well Wink
SKIN JOB 66
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see nothing new in this trailer... Oh well...

Fred
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new quote from Ridley about Harrison in the film?...

Quote:
Ridley Scott says he wants Harrison Ford back for his follow-up to Blade Runner, which isn't exactly a sequel despite taking place chronologically later in much the same way that Prometheus isn't an Alien prequel even if it does take place beforehand. Anyway, semantics aside, here's his thoughts on the return of Rick Deckard:

"I don't think it'll be Harry [starring]. But I've got to have him in it somewhere. That'd be amusing."

From io9

Andy
Noeland
Community Guide

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an exciting thought. I'm interested to see where the idea of having Deckard 30 years older will fit into a story he's not the lead of. Lots of possibilities. I'm still stunned the project is happening at all!!

joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TFS Andy...yeah, excited is a small word
Ki-Djowac
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read an article today in a Belgian paper about Prometheus confirming a Blade Runner remake.

Allow me to translate what i've read :

You're now going to remake your other Sci-Fi classic Blade Runner. Why ?

The new movie is also a new start. Blade Runner was called a sci-fi movie, but it evolved into a movie about humanity en about what a human being is. It deals in fact about a hunter, played by Harisson Ford, and his prey, played by Rutger Hauer. But in the end the prey seems to be more generous and braver then the hunter. I've always figured they would get that. But (suddenly talks like a moron) they didn't understand anything about it (Blade Runner was a bust eventually), so we're gonna re-make it after 27 years.
Brownclaw
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2152838/Prometheus-premiere-Charlize-Theron-simply-stunning-chic-mini-dress.html

In the last 10 seconds of the video, when asked about the BR sequel, Ridley simply says "It's happening". First time I've heard it from the horses mouth Smile
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TFS Brownclaw...yes, it's happening (after finishing another movie also with Fassbinder). Good news all around
TM
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But (suddenly talks like a moron) they didn't understand anything about it (Blade Runner was a bust eventually), so we're gonna re-make it after 27 years.

Why "remake" it? Dumb it down so that those who "didn't understand anything about it" can now understand a dumber version?

Sounds awful!

Tony
Ki-Djowac
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TM wrote:
Quote:
But (suddenly talks like a moron) they didn't understand anything about it (Blade Runner was a bust eventually), so we're gonna re-make it after 27 years.

Why "remake" it? Dumb it down so that those who "didn't understand anything about it" can now understand a dumber version?

Sounds awful!

Tony

Yeah, wasn't too impressed with the article myself but i figured it's news so shared it here.
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the "re-make" quote was taken too literally by a lot of people after that interview took place Confused
It's not going to be the same story (while other characters will probably make an appearance, once again)...this is the aftermath, years later, of what's going on with Replicants and ultimately with the Blade Runner Police Unit. Since Fancher is on board, and hopefully, no other writer will be used to "tweak" his story, we'll see a somewhat more poetic/philosophical view of the BR World (here's hoping ).
Replicant 13
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: ALTERNATE UNIVERSE Reply with quote

If String Theory is valid, there's a parallel universe out there where Yorkin never touched Blade Runner.

It's called "Heaven". Very Happy

- R13
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or "Paradise" the SRS sequel to Prometheus Wink
Rodney
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 things we know about the new Blade Runner:

http://www.bladerunner-2.com/news/6/65/Five-Things-we-Know-about-the-New-Blade-Runner-Film/

1)Directed by Ridley Scott
2)Sequel, not a prequel
3)Includes some of the main characters from the first
4)Produced by Alcon
5)Will feature a female protagonist
Rodney
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would Katy Perry make a good Rachel? Or perhaps Tyrell's niece?

joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TFS Rodney...I think K. Perry wouldn't be my favourite to play Rachel or her sis Confused I have Rooney Mara in mind (The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo actress).
Replicant 13
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: THE FUTURE OF BLADE RUNNER Reply with quote

Admittedly, some fans were disappointed with Ridley's prequel to A L I E N, and based on the scattered information to date, there have been questions about just where a prequel to Blade Runner might take us, but Ridley's genius cannot be denied, and after all, he was and is the creator. We may not all agree or even like some of his choices - and we all probably never will - but as much as we may question them, these have been his babies and he has every right to raise them as he sees fit. After all, he gave us this fantastic future and in doing so opened a portal in science ficton to which no one else had a key.

Now it seems all that has changed. If correct, in an article on Shoe Horn Online, dated tomorrow, September 24th(?) it appears that current Warner Bros. president Alan F. Horn has chosen Michael Bay over Ridley, Chris Nolan and Russian director Andrei Zvyagintsev ('The Return') for what will now be a remake:

DUELING DECKARDS

http://www.the-shoe-horn.com/entertainment/michael-bay-penned-to-direct-stunning-blade-runner-remake/

• • • • • • • • • • • • •

When J.J. Abrams took on the daunting task of re-imaging Trek, there were many concerns, but with a valid premise and a respect for both the franchise AND the fans, he has more than proven his intent and earned our respect, in turn . . .

I would hope the fans (and more importantly, the underlying themes) will not be ignored and that will again be the case here. But while he is a winning director in the realm of high-action science fantasy, it remains to be seen how Mr. Bay will handle (what was) more serious, true science fiction, having already proclaimed the "robots" of the original did not act robotic enough due (in part) to the limited technology available to Ridley 30+ years ago. (The phrase "More Human Than Human" comes to mind).

As with many remakes based on films originally taken from short stories and novels, it seems another film may be stepping further away from its classic origins. With 2019 approaching, the future of another classic film is now in question. And just who is this Roy Barry?

- R13
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Blade Runner General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 5 of 16

Jump to: