FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
Dirty Harry Props......My small scratch made collection.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Dirty Harry Props......My small scratch made collection. Reply with quote

Was lucky enough to come across an accurate, vintage metal replica of a 357 Magnum to go with another project and though not really a model 29, inspired me to finally put some replicas together for another of my all time fav`s Dirty Harry.
Started off with one of those bonus items that get to be used as well as being a part of a collection, a vintage pair of Ray Ban Balorama`s, a great pair of shades. The difference between the correct vintage ones and the current model for those looking at a pair is that the logo is not on the arm of the vintage model.

Couldnt find an accurate replica of Harry`s ID for sale anywhere so called upon a mate who has helped with dozens of such projects in the past and he came up with a superb version of the ID and scratch made a perfect picture to go with it. Many thanks Stu!

There isnt much to replicate in terms of actual props but the two spent "ought" six casings left behind by Scorpio had to be part of it. Straight away though it was a problem. Being in Australia, finding these casings was proving to be impossible but a fellow member here managed to find a couple for me. Awesome.

The next issue to overcome was the make shift evidence bag. I could find the correct size and colour envelopes but couldnt find any with the correct V flap at the back so had to scratch make one out of a much larger envelope. Turns out I made about twenty coz it took that many to hand copy out the writing on the envelope to a point that I was happy with. Made a tag for the second casing instead of an envelope coz it seemed more 70`s and far removed from the current CSI feel of everything today. Found a stamp from 1971 on google.

Been working a fair bit on "File" props recently and thought a Scorpio file with all the bits of paper props seen throughout the movie would be cool. Printed up a special folder and copied the first of the demand letters sent by Scorpio, there are three in all and only one is seen on screen. The other two are read out ver batim so just used the first as a kind of template.
Added some SFPD labels to the back of each letter with factual details. Grabbed some screen shots to do the Ann Mary Deacon pictures, no special work on them just cropped basically, turned out great. Wrapped it up with a couple of SFPD style pics of a dead Scorpio. Eventually would like to add an arrest sheet and a summation report to tie things in a little but thats down the track.

Had a ball putting this little collection together and a big thanks to Stu, Jeff (Interceptor6) and eltee for their help.

Dascoyne
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing.
What I would address is the blued finish on the iconic M29. Especially in the 1970's those revolvers had rich, deep polished bluing. Just look at how the gun looks in the shot at the beginning with the "do you feel lucky" speech.
That would be a nice touch IMO.
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TFS Tim...pretty good work you've produced here Cool . Btw, what's the brand of your pen? (looks like a Sheaffer)
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers guys.

Your spot on about the black/blue chrome look Dascoyne, I got this for my Mad Max costume and the 357 in that movie has the same finish but ive decided to leave this one as is.
Its a 1980, MGC Japanese made model and is pretty hard to find. I am aware of a possible LE release of an all resin 44 Magnum cast off an actual Model 29 soon and if I can get one,
will definitely be looking at trying to get that original look for it.

Your eyes are as sharp as ever J, my Grandfather left me a tin of pens from all eras, the Sheaffer looked the closest. Even found some old style paper clips at my local 50 year old newsagency (like a big newstand,indoors), the box even had a layer of dust on it you could blow off. Cool
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tim...yep, that's what I thought. As for old paper clip, are you talking about the one in the pics?
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes mate that's the one, IDEAL paper clips. They have them on ebay but the shipping put me off. Got them for the Kurtz Dossier project and seemed perfect for this as well.
Mr_Creepy
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hadn't ever really thought about many props from this film other than the 44; cool idea on the file. Great job!

Just out of curiousity, have you thought about adding the "police brutality" part to the file (where Scorpio pays to get beaten and then blames Harry)?
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks MC

No, I hadn't thought of that, nice work Cool
Its impossible to find a good angled picture Andy Robinson to use as a mugshot but could find some good stuff of him all beat up for sure.
The guy who helps me out with all that stuff is now shaking his head
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ideal paper clip Shocked I think I might have a few lying around the house.
I'll check to make sure and get back to you on that one mate
SKIN JOB 66
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GREAT WORK once again Tim ! (you never stop, don't you ?)

Cool

Fred
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much Fred, have slowed down a lot but wont ever stop! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Non Blade Runner Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: