FAQ Search Memberlist Usergroups Profile Log in to check your private messages
 Forum Index      Log in  Register
BLADE RUNNER BOOK PROJECT IS GOING ON >>>>>
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you interested in this project?
Yes, I wanna help! I have some data for you!
 36%  [ 13 ]
Yes, I wanna have one of this! Perhaps more!
 63%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 36

jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.... Almost 80% are props to deal with, one by one. The only way to take control over all the stuff I'll deal with! Very Happy

And... in the other hand is a realistic way to get the whole idea in screen.
jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:57 am    Post subject: Hard to do, but necessary Reply with quote

Hi folks!

Long time since my last post here. I know. A lot of work and many other things prevents me to enter. But one was devastating for me. My Blade Runner Book project. Months and years after my first idea, this turned to be almost toxic for me. After too much delays I’m sure this cannot be by one person alone. It’s cumbersome trying to get all the info about hundreds of props and goodies from this lovely film. I have many of them, investing money and time, but… everytime one more pops up, new info appears, etc. You get the picture. It’s frustrating. Not enough time to compile and produce a decent first book. First of a series, IMHO. A “Vault Edition” will be desirable, but impossible at all. For me at least.

Other projects gets my attention. Some for work, others for fun. A new one is taking my free time now. A collector’s oriented tool. But… I’ll talk about it when done. Not before. Not more vaporware or vaporelse for now.

In fact, I got a clear vision: the best Blade Runner props book in Earth exists yet. Is called PROPSUMMIT.COM. Not more, not less. So… I’ll not bother more in this subject. It’s time to enjoy time again.

Thanks to all Propsummit community for all your sharings. I love this site and will be back soon, when able to share and not only lurk from hidden corners.
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is true with all books Joan. The trick is to limit the scope, and focus it on a part that is most interesting to you. I wish you were close by and able to talk in person about this stuff. I know we could make something great with it.

Andy
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True that Andy...we appreciate the efforts you've already put into getting that book off the ground Joan, but as Andy said, it's easy to loose focus with that amount of materials/info that keeps growing by the years.
One day maybe, one day...
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True that Andy...we appreciate the efforts you've already put into getting that book off the ground Joan, but as Andy said, it's easy to loose focus with that amount of materials/info that keeps growing by the years.
One day maybe, one day...
jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks pals! Are you right, but I need some time to "refocus" and decide what to do. The main goal maybe cumbersome, but....

Just received Star Wars: Frames of George Lucas. More than 1,700 frames picked by Lucas thru 2 years hard work. Well, I guess what could I do if time and money weren't an issue.... Smile
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little time to reflect and regroup can only be a positive move for the project Joan. I know of another project involving James Bond props that has also come to a similar impasse and can only hope that both projects can find some new wind.
If Sir Ridley Scott contributes to another chapter of this universe with success Joan, you would have to make an addition to the first print anyway so its probably for the best. Wink
jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:44 pm    Post subject: UPDATE Reply with quote

Something awesome may occur.... It's only a beginning, but... seems like a publisher is interested in this project! MUAAAHHHHHHHAAAAAHAAAAA!

Well... let's see what happens in next weeks... I'm excited!!!! But, is so good I can't believe it. Will be for real??? mmmmmm....
andy
Community Guide

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! fingers crossed Very Happy

Andy
jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andy!!!!
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And legs also Very Happy
jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next weekend will have a long talk with (possible) editor.... Razz

Crossing all bones, in fact!!
jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an Editor! At last. Well, now, the hard part starts... You know what: collect stuff (if possible, to get the best quality photos live), get permissions for other stuff I cannot afford (pics and data, etc), do a first layout tests, graphic design (some people working yet in it), book size and characteristics, copy, copy, copy, copy.... translation (I'll do the most of the text in Spanish, but book will be distributed thru US, so, a team of translators will work for me - any suggestion *ever* welcomed, of course), etc.

A nice man job, I guess. 12-18 months to get the final product, but, still enough time (2019 still far from now!).

So... I will contact with any of you involved in replicas and prop making, digital ones, and any other nice stuff book will include. I think is *impossible* to write a total and final vademecum of Blade Runner props and related work, but will try to do the best possible, despite the issues that this job involve. You know, some people are reluctant to contribute in a "Propsummit" project, although this is a personal project. I wanna devote it to the forum, for all means, so, who is out, is out, no matter. Stuff is everywhere, here and beyond, I don't wanna limit this work for any reason. So, difficulties will be solved in some way.

I'm open to all suggestions of you, my friends here and other people interested in this project. I have no budget in first instance, this is a matter of my editor (but he is very very interested to carry on and do whatever is needed). Very exicted the last weeks, more to be from now to the end! Very Happy

My list of props and stuff in the prior index is not tiny. More than 70 items related yet, and perhaps this will rise to 120 or 130 in next weeks. Surfing here and out there, everyday from now, uncovers new stuff, and more and more... NICE! A big problem... Very Happy but I'm happy to be again in touch! Many years from the very first idea. Nothing more. Will update with news soon.

Oh! No list or nothing similar for interested people. The book will be distributed like a standard book. My only concerns are about who wanna be in, who not, contributions, and so on. This time, this is a real and professional project.

Do you wanna be there? Very Happy
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news! Cool I can contribute of course (V.K. replica for example) Wink or Chew's pair of glasses.
jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joberg wrote:
Good news! Cool I can contribute of course (V.K. replica for example) Wink or Chew's pair of glasses.

Thanks! Nice additions, of course! Will send you private details. Very Happy
joberg
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM received
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I need to send you pictures of the 1:1 working spinner light rig put together a long time ago Joan, do you have them?
jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Webber wrote:
I think I need to send you pictures of the 1:1 working spinner light rig put together a long time ago Joan, do you have them?

Fo all means Tim!!! Will be gald to include hi-res pics of your work. Remember the Gaff Helmet? Razz
Mr Webber
Community Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfuste wrote:
Mr Webber wrote:

Fo all means Tim!!! Will be gald to include hi-res pics of your work. Remember the Gaff Helmet? Razz

How could I ever forget Joan?
jfuste
Community Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Webber wrote:

How could I ever forget Joan?

Just in case.... Many months [I was] out of business.... Very Happy But I'm back!! The list of props in my index is growing.... Will be glad to add max possible ones from here, you know.

So... THe Spinner lights are interesting and hi-res pics will be a must! And... the making of of Gaff's Helmet as well... Not to mention the "Gaff" itself!!! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Replica and Screen Used Props All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: